Good secondary to pair with Poison?

TungstenShark

2 hours ago, Ringo said:

Despite being a close range set, I don't think Rad Blast really helps Poison or vice-versa

Rad blast works great with poison. Irradiate and atomic blast is pbaoe, neutron bomb taoe (works in melee range),  it's attacks offer -defense which stack with the -def of envenom, weaken, and venomous gas and further the attacks can slot all 3 -res procs among other procs too.

I have one that solos Rommy +4 regular ITFs reasonably well.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Rad blast works great with poison. Irradiate and atomic blast is pbaoe, neutron bomb taoe (works in melee range),  it's attacks offer -defense which stack with the -def of envenom, weaken, and venomous gas and further the attacks can slot all 3 -res procs among other procs too.

I have one that solos Rommy +4 regular ITFs reasonably well.

Ah, I didn't think about the -res procs!  That does help

10 hours ago, Ringo said:

Despite being a close range set, I don't think Rad Blast really helps Poison or vice-versa

Atomic Blast (tier 9) has a hold in it that should pair well with Poison Trap. That and all the -def should allow for most stuff to be hit by the poison debuffs. 

Not sure if that's enough of a selling point but could make for an interesting char. 

OOPS, someone above beat me to much of this point. 🙂

Edited by Ankhammon
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later
On 10/8/2022 at 12:32 AM, Yaliw said:

I'm going to argue that energy blast is great for poison since poison desperately needs some mitigation- especially since you need to be in melee for your fart cloud.

Now I know what you're thinking! The knockback is bad with the fart cloud. Well yes but thats why we have KB2KD slotted in our aoe's. Now you can keep enemies around you. For single target attacks, you could slot KB2KD but I find it unnecessary.

This is the way I went with my Spider-Woman thematically :). But...I've since tried about a dozen different ATs/builds, damn alt-o-holism! Am actually back on a Time/Beam defender which could turn out to be a lot of fun, just not sure about aoe dmg potential, which might slow it down through the mid-levels, eh.

But nothing comes close to my newly revamped necro/dark MM - total beast mode! 😄

Game over man, game over!