Is there any possibility for a west coast (or western Canada) server?

Phanto

2 hours ago, Marine X said:

Something that might be worth looking into would be setting up a VPN. I have seen it solve problems, in the past, for people who have connection issues with Homecoming. Detroit was a black hole for many until they were able to get around it. It may let you improve your connection to the servers by creating an optimum pathway from where you are to the Servers. Not an entry level project unfortunately, but there are a few Free or low Cost VPN products out there if you wish to try.

Good Hunting. 

A VPN is virtually (no pun intended) mandatory if you're in China and want to be connected to the outside world without China censoring what you see. So, there's a good chance that the OP is already using a VPN.

5 hours ago, Ukase said:

I appreciate the explanation. I wouldn't think distance from the servers would have had such an impact, but I've confessed previously, I'm no expert. 

Physical server location matters. This is why when one is dealing with AWS(Amazon Web Services) it is recommended the region you pick for the servers you use are closest to you. You might not think of it mattering, but data does truly take longer to go from let's say from me in MI to Chicago than say from me to the Far East.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

12 hours ago, tanglin said:

A VPN is virtually (no pun intended) mandatory if you're in China and want to be connected to the outside world without China censoring what you see. So, there's a good chance that the OP is already using a VPN.

Yes that's correct, I'm using a VPN and rely on it every day. Nearly all of the world's most popular websites are blocked by the Great Firewall.

I'm terms of using a VPN to better access CoH, I've tried lots of different server connections and they don't make a difference. The distance is just too great.

1 hour ago, Phanto said:

I'm terms of using a VPN to better access CoH, I've tried lots of different server connections and they don't make a difference. The distance is just too great.

Mainly out of curiosity, what ping do you get to the server? I know as someone who lives on the US west coast I get 180 ping (which is worse than my friends on Excelsior playing from England) and that already annoys the hell out of me, so I can't imagine how bad it must be for you.

Edited by Dombloo

2 minutes ago, Dombloo said:

Mainly out of curiosity, what ping do you get to the server? I know as someone who lives on the US west coast I get 180 ping (which is worse than my friends on Excelsior playing from England) and that already annoys the hell out of me, so I can't imagine how bad it must be for you.

At the absolute best, 290. This is rare.

At worst, 400+ Anything above ~350 basically freezes the game.

• Sad 1