Ice Manipulation - Freezing Touch - Shorten the dot length

Freezing Touch:

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=blaster_support.ice_manipulation.freezing_touch&at=blaster

Freezing Touch has to be one of the longest dots in the game. It takes 10.1 seconds to complete the damage portion. To put it another way, the dot takes slightly longer than the base recharge of the power! In the end, you waste most of the damage, because the mob is killed by other attacks in the current game. Even solo.

Also, it interferes with Frozen Aura, the dot renders the sleep portion useless.

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=blaster_support.ice_manipulation.frozen_aura&at=blaster

Simple request, keep the damage the same, but shorten the dot length. If that means, adding recharge or end cost. I think that would be a good trade off.

5 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

I still think it should be shorter, because it blocks your ability to use Frozen Aura.

I don't really see this as true, since Freezing Touch is a hold. There is a difference in durations to consider, but if we analyze the numbers I think we'll find that the problem is negligible.

Freezing Touch is a scale 10 Hold, Frozen Aura is a scale 20 sleep on Minions and a Scale 12 sleep on Lieutenants. Since the damage from Frozen Aura interrupts sleep, it's impossible to stack it on anything higher than a Lieutenant. On a level 50 Blaster, this translates to 11.92 seconds of Hold, 23.84 seconds of Sleep on Minions, and 14.3s of Sleep on Lieutenants. On Minions, yeah, you could be losing out on a decent amount of time. But they're Minions, I don't think we generally need to be spending holds on Minions to survive. On Lieutenants, you're only missing out on potentially 2.38 seconds of control. Take into account power activation times, the purple patch shrinking control durations and reducing the difference between the two powers, and the fact that it's far more valuable to slot for hold duration than sleep duration, and from where I stand, it's a non-issue.