801 AE Incarnate Tanker Rad/Rad build

Celtic Ripper

What level 801 were you planning to tackle?  @Linea describes 801.2 as the "base" difficulty.  Your only build hole, that I can see, is no DDR.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

He's been running both 6 and 7 very competently.  I'm not sure if he was on either of the teams than ran 10 this past week.

DDR is an issue for all the resist armors, and is what limits them to the 7 range (solo).  But if a team brings multiple defense buffs and multiple ageless you can get around that.

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

22 minutes ago, Linea said:

He's been running both 6 and 7 very competently.  I'm not sure if he was on either of the teams than ran 10 this past week.

DDR is an issue for all the resist armors, and is what limits them to the 7 range (solo).  But if a team brings multiple defense buffs and multiple ageless you can get around that.

Good to know.  In the absence of any detail, I assumed solo...

• Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

• 2 weeks later
On 5/26/2022 at 12:19 PM, Celtic Ripper said:

I started trying this character out and I'm having an absolute blast. Any tips/tricks you can share as far as piloting goes? Openers, how you play around contaminated, etc.? Or even attack chains

Edited by purplereign
Added

35 minutes ago, Golden Azrael said:

801?

Is this an AE 'Tanker Test' mission?  Arc?

This 801 stuff passed me by.

Anyone?

Azrael.

801 are AE mission created by @Linea

They are the nastiest missions in the game. They eat teams up, especially tanks.

You should start with 4x8 801.2 to get a feel for them.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Golden Azrael said:

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions created for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates;

I suggest you start no higher than  801.2.   This is my standard map for testing an armored character's combined offense and durability capabilities.   If you can solo 801.2 +4x8 in the time given (2 hours), then you have enough offense and durability to handle 99% of what the official game throws at you, ... with the exception of some +4 AV dps checks, other cheaty encounters like Hamidon, and the newer Hard Mode settings.

If you just want a quick and dirty less comprehensive test of durability try '801.0-Static' +4x8.  This is the shortest easiest map in the 801 series.  There are also a static versions of 801.3 (Tier 2), 801.6 (Tier 3), and 801.7 (Tier 4), which are also shorter and easier.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

On 6/7/2022 at 6:59 PM, Golden Azrael said:

801?

Anyone?

Azrael.

Who doesnt know those missions does not know what mean beeing a hero :)

Huge work of Linea to build a real nightmare for most of the players. I love this content wich provide a high level of challenge for us. 
It's a kind of x-men danger room in my opinion :)

Edited by VULCAN

On 6/7/2022 at 5:59 PM, Golden Azrael said:

801?

Anyone?

Azrael.

Just watch out for rogue Tar Patches. Those are unresistable so they'll cut right through you (aka "Why are my resists only ~40% all of a sudden").

Just ran 801.2 on my Rad/Martial. Mostly grand til I spotted that. It's not common though (or wasn't for me). 

20 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

Just watch out for rogue Tar Patches. Those are unresistable so they'll cut right through you (aka "Why are my resists only ~40% all of a sudden").

Just ran 801.2 on my Rad/Martial. Mostly grand til I spotted that. It's not common though (or wasn't for me). 

I'll try out some of my Tanks on it, Carnifax.

There's stuff in the game that torpedo hits defence and resistance.  It doesn't sound like you can do much except hit the heal button if you have one.

Azrael.

23 minutes ago, Golden Azrael said:

I'll try out some of my Tanks on it, Carnifax.

There's stuff in the game that torpedo hits defence and resistance.  It doesn't sound like you can do much except hit the heal button if you have one.

Azrael.

Well the enemy tar patch is a bug. They fixed the player version being tagged Unresistable a while back but forgot to apply it to the version Mobs get (some of the Shepard missions in First Ward have it too). Only plus is Tar Patch has a short duration (unlike Sleet / FR) so getting out of the patch sorts it. 

Nothing should torpedo Resists if your uncapped resists are > 85% really (in the 801 even with multiple Sleets & Penetrating Rays I was grand). 

Edited by Carnifax

24 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

Well the enemy tar patch is a bug. They fixed the player version being tagged Unresistable a while back but forgot to apply it to the version Mobs get (some of the Shepard missions in First Ward have it too). Only plus is Tar Patch has a short duration (unlike Sleet / FR) so getting out of the patch sorts it. 

Nothing should torpedo Resists if your uncapped resists are > 85% really (in the 801 even with multiple Sleets & Penetrating Rays I was grand). 

Ah, a bug in Tar Patch?  That explains things.

I take your point about 85% resist.  I try to aim for at least that on most of my Tank's resists.

I'll give some feedback from my 'maiden' 801.  Probably from hospital wrapped in bandages and my broken legs in casts.

Thanks for the reply.

Azrael.

Tried the 801.2 'Starter Edition.'

Stone Tanker.  Guess the defence zapping was true.

1st mob went well.

2nd Mob (which had a 3rd mob to buff them or debuff me....) didn't go so well.

A little 'eavy on the debuff sauce.  Scotch bonnet debuff.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

On 5/27/2022 at 7:58 PM, Linea said:

Ageless's DDR doesn't stack, though?

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

We've used it rotating on teams, but I never actually checked the stacking or efficacy in the combat numbers details,  just the small combat monitor to see if I needed to cast it yet, or call out for it. If it was low 'somebody hit ageless'.

*shrug* Stacking is flagged as per caster, if it has other restrictions you'd have to check with a powers person, or just do a quick check in-game.  I'll double check it sometime next week.

9 hours ago, Linea said:

We've used it rotating on teams, but I never actually checked the stacking or efficacy in the combat numbers details,  just the small combat monitor to see if I needed to cast it yet, or call out for it. If it was low 'somebody hit ageless'.

*shrug* Stacking is flagged as per caster, if it has other restrictions you'd have to check with a powers person, or just do a quick check in-game.  I'll double check it sometime next week.

My bad, it does stack:

image.png.9778aee4e588ba3347ffd63670709494.png

That's absurdly broken, lol. 5x Ageless and the team is immune to debuffs!

Throw in a PBU+Clarion FF Defender and a Sonic Defender and nothing's dying.

Destiny powers really do many Regen Brutes the best tanks for teaming on Hardmode.

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

Hmm.  Perhaps I'd better get my Stone Tank Tier 4 Ageless Radial.

To be fair to Incarnate stacking.  You were meant to wield the power of Gods.  Start stacking that God power and that's to be expected in a team game.  (Especially given the debuff kicking the 'Tank-Buster' AE missions gave me.)

Even on a Duo-Force Field Defender team of myself and another F.Field Defender, we walked 'The Game', Nemesis included, back on Live.  And that was before Incarnates.

Getting that Balance of Power.  Always difficult between offering 'The Challenge' (relative to the Sun....) and empowering the Hero.  Then you have up to 8 of those on a team to consider.  With a diverse mix of ATs and Power profiles.  

It was difficult to balance that on live and I don't envy HC's job on that.

With the caveat that Incarnate powers were half finished and probably didn't receive a few balance passes.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

On 5/26/2022 at 8:19 PM, Celtic Ripper said:

Just opened that up in Mids.  That's a decent Tank Build. 😉

I do have a Rad/Rad Brute which doesn't have Ageless Radial.

Tried Rad Armour with Broadsword but not Rad Melee.  Be tempting to try this...with Ageless Radial.

Good Job.

Update.  I couldn't resist.  Rolled a Rad/Rad Tank.  Currently L12 hanging around the Hollows.

Update 2.  L39.  SO only build (bar two global defence uniques.)  Rad/Rad is rather good. 🙂

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

On 6/18/2022 at 6:56 AM, America's Angel said:

That's absurdly broken, lol. 5x Ageless and the team is immune to debuffs!

Throw in a PBU+Clarion FF Defender and a Sonic Defender and nothing's dying.

Destiny powers really do many Regen Brutes the best tanks for teaming on Hardmode.

All the incarnates are broken if you co-ordinate them.  And you generally only need 2 copies of ageless.

You don't even need the defender, just overlap 2 or 3 Ageless, 2 or 3 barriers, and 2 or 3 Clarions.

Toss in 8x Judgements and just turn on [walk] so there's time to recharge between spawns.

Add one /Rad for -regen.

Player Co-ordination is really the biggest issue, if you can pull off the co-ordination even 801.F can't dent you.  7 Blasters, 1 Defender. Other Silliness.

• Thumbs Up 1