Make stun turn of flight

xl8

Just now, xl8 said:

It's unrealistic.

I don't disagree with you on that, but...

Is unrealistic really the argument that you want to make about how things work in an online video game that has Super Heroes, Wizards, Time Travelers and Aliens?

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Is unrealistic really the argument that you want to make about how things work in an online video game that has Super Heroes, Wizards, Time Travelers and Aliens?

Semantics. It's unrealistic in the context of the game's powers and their effects.

1 minute ago, xl8 said:

Semantics. It's unrealistic in the context of the game's powers and their effects.

It's not semantics. The term you're looking for is "internally consistent." That's not the same thing as a semantic argument.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

11 minutes ago, xl8 said:

It's unrealistic.

So is using magic, jet packs, psychic powers or what have you to fly. You know what is even more unrealistic than that? Expecting someone who is stunned to suddenly have their magic, jet pack, carrying spirit, or whatever suddenly stop working.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ahh. We're going for realism.

So, no more mediporter, since that doesn't exist, and most heroes will be dead by level 2-3 from all the bullets, fire, etc and flight not dropping with stuns won't be a problem since nobody will live long enough to take it. Done.

• Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, lemming said:

I did find it quite hilarious getting stunned by one group and drifting thru two others before face planting from the extra attention.

"Hey, look, a balloon!"

;)

• Haha 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

10 minutes ago, xl8 said:

Within the context of the game's parameters, yes.

Stunning doesn't turn flight off for mobs. Some mobs actually *can't,* as I'm recalling a dev mentioning, not "fly" (and I don't just mean things like SKy Raider shield generators.) So within context of the game's parameters, it's working as intended.

On top of it, as has been mentioned, there are so many reasons we can "fly" (magic, tech, inherent ability, etc.) that there's just no reason stunning should disable. A Kheldian in Nova form is (a) an energy being who (b) is taking the form of a creature in a world that doesn't have a surface and thus does nothing but fly, for instance.  Stunning someone on a jetpack doesn't automatically mean the jetpack stops working. (Or equally comic-y things like anti-grav belts.)

So within the game's parameters? Still no reason for stunning to disable flight.

33 minutes ago, xl8 said:

Within the context of the game's parameters, yes.

Nothing in the game world indicates, suggests or implies that Stuns disable flight.  Or any control, for that matter.  Or any other form of movement.  Stuns specifically allow movement, that's the balance for that control in comparison to controls.  Powers such as AoE Stuns have 90s recharge times instead of the 240s recharge times which AoE Holds have because they don't impose movement penalties.  You're asking for Stuns to become Holds, essentially, when used against flying foes.

Not going to happen, not without a massive rebalance of all Stuns in the game, and since there's nothing mechanically wrong with Stuns, or even a general lack of regard which prompts players to avoid taking or using them (Sleeps, for comparison), the HC team isn't going to do it.

Additionally, the -Fly mechanic is not contextually appropriate for Stuns.  It's a mechanic which is applied per power and only for thematic reason.  -Fly isn't generalized for any  category of powers.  Some Immobs have -Fly, others don't.  Some Slows have -Fly, others don't.  Some attacks have -Fly, some don't.  There's neither precedent for applying -Fly to all powers within a categorization, nor justification.  If you believe specific powers warrant -Fly, that might have some possibilities.  But applying it to Stuns across the board isn't on the table.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 5/27/2022 at 3:38 AM, Rudra said:

No thank you. Just like I don't want a hold or an immob to knock me out of the sky.

Really? I find that quite interesting, as long as I'm still in range of the immob at the end of the cast. I'll agree that being immobed from a gazillion miles away because some mob spotted me when I buzzed it last year isn't fun at all.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.