Regardless of AT what are your favorite builds without Hasten

KaizenSoze

Updated build:

Vantablaq

She dreamt of being an Angel of Vengeance. A little alien came to her and offered to make her dream come true... She is now that angel, but she can't shake that damn alien that has latched itself to her soul…

HF Peacebringer

04 Vantablaq.mxd

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

On 5/28/2022 at 5:29 PM, KaizenSoze said:

I am tired of always feeling like I have to include Hasten.

I think I only have it on one character, actually, and that's a specific "how hard can I break storm with recharge abuse?" build combining it with the FF +recharge procs in Water Blast powers. It turns out the answer is pretty hard.

While a bit of recharge is nice, I don't include Hasten on any "serious" builds. It's just rarely necessary and recharge abuse takes out a lot of the game's challenge.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

On 5/28/2022 at 12:29 PM, KaizenSoze said:

I am tired of always feeling like I have to include Hasten.

What hasten-less builds do you have that you enjoy and play regularly?

I find myself really only reaching for Hasten on characters dedicated to DPS, as it is often necessary to smooth out attack chains using only later (higher-level) attacks... and for me, the practical effect is really only with large spawns (I want the AoEs up) or for single hard targets. If a build will have lower level attacks that can fill-in and finish off a boss (after a big single-target hit), there is no practical difference between attack chains that require two attacks to finish off a critter. GM/AV are another matter of course.

I have a ranged-damage/control hybrid Fortunata that does not include Hasten and there is almost no noticeable difference in play style. The only real difference is that Mind Link (and Hasten) would be "perma".  It doesn't improve solo times for clearing maps.

My favorite Mastermind (Robotics/Traps) doesn't include Hasten.  With it: I could get more Acid Mortars out... yet that build already has so many debuffs and soft controls I am not at all tempted to be able to spawn more MM actions that already cost significant amounts of Endurance.

I rarely plan for Hasten in Defenders/Controllers/Corruptors. This choice is primarily motivated by wanting to have diverse powers, so there is plenty to do without cycling the same few actions repeatedly.

• 3 weeks later