Can street sweeping get buffed?

I remember years ago the old devs totally ruined street sweeping and used some excuse "hey we worked hard on hero story arcs, do them because we are taking away X% non-instanced map exp" or somesuch.  I do not know any numbers but damn

Saved civilians giving a single even leveled boss kills worth of exp/inf and a high chance of an insp

Increased spawn count for each party member.  no, your notoriety does not effect it

Hazard zone even more increased exp

Why tho?

Because after 3 or so years I need an alternative to the task force super highway, council radios and firefarms.  And for those reasons, there is no reason to punish street sweepers.

But,-

While The Worst Case Scenario of ye elden everquestian kill stealing may or may not cross your mind, it might not even be a thing after the possible-new-ness wears off

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

For me, Street Sweeping is an alternate to doing verbose story arcs.  (TFs, and the Story arcs can very long winded...for those that are time constrained.  I generally find you could cut half those arcs in half and never notice, story wise.)

The mission equivalent of 'Street Sweeping' is tips.

So, I wonder.  Could there be street sweeping tips?  Take out the 'Lead Stone' in Steel for 'x' xp.  Beat the tar out of Trolls in the Hollows.  (One of the things I like about the earlier mission arcs.  THEY'RE SHORT and SWEET!  And they are the ones I have the fondest memories of.)  Wincott.  Flux.  etc. 

That would be cool.  Save a citizen from a Tsoo mob in Steel.  Actual in the open city missions for each zone.  Like the location tips.  Short, sweet and simple.

I'd also expand on the mission tips.  Using AE dev' choice to fill the tip cookie jar.  I've rinsed the P.Isle tips to death.  There are a lot of community talents out there...who have done decent AE content.  I wonder if we can't use that as a platform to put more content in the game.  NOW that the game is by the community FOR the community?

Need more 'bite size' content.  MOAR!

Azrael.

• Like 1

Aren't radio missions the equivalent of street sweeping? All in the same area, mobs you can control via notoriety, not much talking?

My own experiences with sweeping are meeting purple mobs I need to avoid and trying to find non grey mobs to get XP. Sometimes just a street apart.

• Like 1

Weird thought - do a test run of the Shadow Shard (one zone - Firebase Zulu) where the enemies have Invasion-style leveling coding but are essentially level 54.

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

On 5/29/2022 at 2:22 AM, kelika2 said:

Because after 3 or so years I need an alternative to the task force super highway, council radios and firefarms. 

Why not do any of the other abundant content besides these if you are bored?  No one is forcing you into running TFs, Council Radios or farms.  There is quite a lot of content you can run other than these.  This sounds like a self inflicted problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

Why not do any of the other abundant content besides these if you are bored?  No one is forcing you into running TFs, Council Radios or farms.  There is quite a lot of content you can run other than these.  This sounds like a self inflicted problem.

because in my few attempts to step outside the box i got my ass turned inside out.  those ward missions are something else.  anything from getting my masterminds totally invalidated by all the rain dropping wisps and books to being slowed to hell and back on every other AT. 

many hero arcs send you street sweeping anyways

and the isolation chamber of red side eats away at you

Where are you street sweeping and under what conditions (level, etc.)? Street sweeping is already very lucrative in some places at some levels, so you need to be more specific about what you think needs attention.

5 hours ago, Krimson said:

Right now you can find mobs from level 51-54 in Dark Astoria, the Rikti War Zone, and Cimerora. I have made Moth Cemetery teams but it would sure be nice to have options in Grandville and Peregrine Island. 

Ok but the towers/walls area in northern [Excelsior] Cimerora are MINE. Stay back 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

It's hard to unplug your brain from the usual. I would suggest trying Praetorian missions through ouroboros as a change up.

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

22 hours ago, kelika2 said:

because in my few attempts to step outside the box i got my ass turned inside out.  those ward missions are something else.  anything from getting my masterminds totally invalidated by all the rain dropping wisps and books to being slowed to hell and back on every other AT. 

many hero arcs send you street sweeping anyways

and the isolation chamber of red side eats away at you

There is literally hundreds (if not more) of hours of content besides Ward missions. 

• Like 1

FWIW, the devs didn't "ruin" street sweeping. They did several things to make debt much less crippling, though, basically halving it in missions (introduced in issue 5, along with not getting debt 'til level 10 - inside OR outside of missions - and increasing XP for all mobs, inside or outside missions, after level 25.)  And as I'm recalling, they did bump up XP for mobs in PVP zones.

Granted, noticing this got lost in the Great Defenseapocalypse that some people still aren't over... ;)

And while I agree some of this sounds self-inflicted (you don't *have* to go into fire farms, or do the task forces, there's quite a bit of content out there after all,) seeing some variety for things out in the world itself also wouldn't be bad. I'm half surprised we don't already have a purse-saver badge. Saving someone from a Tsoo shakedown sometimes gives the "If the Tsoo had gotten ahold of this it would hav ebeen bad!" giving an actual mission of some sort would be good. There's definitely options out there that could make it more interesting than getting some of the defeat badges or that last few hundred or thousand XP to level.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

There is literally hundreds (if not more) of hours of content besides Ward missions. 

probably, but one of my original points of wanting street sweeping to get buffed is to not mess with those unknown to me missions

• Confused 1

Do enemies outside of missions give less XP or something?  Other than them not typically scaling to the same levels as those in missions, (which others have pointed out you can still find in select places), what am I missing?  Is it the convenient tight grouping and ability to adjust their level and spawn size within missions that the OP feels is lacking outside?

8 minutes ago, biostem said:

Do enemies outside of missions give less XP or something?  Other than them not typically scaling to the same levels as those in missions, (which others have pointed out you can still find in select places), what am I missing?  Is it the convenient tight grouping and ability to adjust their level and spawn size within missions that the OP feels is lacking outside?

The only difference is that debt in missions is halved.  (And as mentioned, I *believe* mobs in PVP zones give more XP.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, biostem said:

No, zone map mobs do not give less xp than instance map mobs. They give equal reward. Missions cut debt in half as @Greycat said, and missions give completion rewards if not in AE. Those are the only differences I know of. (And mission reward would obviously have no place in street sweeping, so I am not advocating for it. Just answering the question.)

The reason for the half debt in missions was ostensibly because the public didn't see it happen, so you don't suffer an equal loss of fame/prestige or some such.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh please not more of that. That mission already exists. Multiple instances of it. As well as hunt 50 Malta. Hunt 50 Carnies. They suck! The needed mobs always seem to not be around when I have any of those missions.

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

Oh please not more of that. That mission already exists. Multiple instances of it. As well as hunt 50 Malta. Hunt 50 Carnies. They suck! The needed mobs always seem to not be around when I have any of those missions.

Well, as part of something like a Taskforce, I agree that they are annoying filler.  As an OPTION, for someone desiring a bit more XP while streetsweeping, I could see it...

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to give mission completion awards to street sweeping, maybe go with a bounty system instead? Have a contact that after 50 mobs of any given faction are defeated can be spoken to to cash in those defeats for a reward? Since it is not a standing mission, it does not fill up the mission tray and there is no imperative to have to find a specific faction to complete the mission. The contact would keep track of the number of mobs of each available faction in zone you have defeated and you can query the contact for your current count at any time. However, if you leave the zone, including entering a mission, the count goes away.

And the bounty reward would have to be less than normal mission reward as well since you can pick and choose when and where, and even if, you want to engage the mobs you see on the streets.

Edit: Really, as much as I would like to see street sweeping give better rewards, I think the current situation is fine as is.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 5/29/2022 at 1:22 AM, kelika2 said:

I remember years ago the old devs totally ruined street sweeping and used some excuse "hey we worked hard on hero story arcs, do them because we are taking away X% non-instanced map exp" or somesuch.  I do not know any numbers but damn

Saved civilians giving a single even leveled boss kills worth of exp/inf and a high chance of an insp

Increased spawn count for each party member.  no, your notoriety does not effect it

Why tho?

Because after 3 or so years I need an alternative to the task force super highway, council radios and firefarms.  And for those reasons, there is no reason to punish street sweepers.

But,-

While The Worst Case Scenario of ye elden everquestian kill stealing may or may not cross your mind, it might not even be a thing after the possible-new-ness wears off

No, and here is my reasoning...

I'm under the impression that there are some improvements/additions planned for Architect Entertainment in the next page update being worked on which will allow for an even greater range of creativity in AE, and the sky is the limit as far as new content generation goes (given you know how to write dialogue and create plots and stories).

Pick the arcs you like most to do merits with, and integrate them into your character's storyline (if you're the sort that likes to leave his/her mark on the world), or farm. There's already XP buffs in Play 2 Win which you can easily use, no need to buff street sweeping.

Just saying...

44 minutes ago, Panthonca7034 said:

No, and here is my reasoning...

I'm under the impression that there are some improvements/additions planned for Architect Entertainment in the next page update being worked on which will allow for an even greater range of creativity in AE, and the sky is the limit as far as new content generation goes (given you know how to write dialogue and create plots and stories).

Pick the arcs you like most to do merits with, and integrate them into your character's storyline (if you're the sort that likes to leave his/her mark on the world), or farm. There's already XP buffs in Play 2 Win which you can easily use, no need to buff street sweeping.

Just saying...

Thats pretty much the reason the old devs nerfed street sweeping exp.

taking away one option to prod people into another option

adding a timer to werewolves

adding a timer to dreck

nerfing <Family> exp over level 40

etc.  i want to go in the other direction

It comes across to me as: I want something different, but not too different. Something that won't make me venture out of my comfort zone.

...but as the moment of snarkiness passes...

I myself would like to see more of the Oobatz badge event in St. Martial. That event is street level, meaning no contacts necessary, just walk in and say hi. But also, it levels with you and your notoriety settings. I'm not sure if the Zig breakout event is similar as I rarely do blueside, but street events in Praetoria are not... and they should be, because they're good.

I won't mind if they're the same mechanic:
part 1: kill X number of so-and-so mob on the street
part 2: enter a building/cave/map to get a glowie or kill boss
part 3: exit back out to the street to see so-and-so mob waiting for you in large numbers
rewards you with a badge and/or temp power and/or merits

You can have this formula for every zone, just varying the map flavour and mobs each time. i.e.:
Mercy: Infected (street), Snakes (caves), Infected + Snakes (street)
Oakes: Legacy (street), Coralax (caves), Legacy (street)
Cap: Brickers (street, warehouse, street) alternatively Gremlins to help spawn Deathsurge
Nerva: CoT guides and mages (street), hordlings (map), spectrals (street... at night) tops it off with Caleb???
St. Martial as is
GV: spiders and widows, Arachnoids, Tarantulas... kinda like a discount-ASF

remember years ago the old devs totally ruined street sweeping and used some excuse "hey we worked hard on hero story arcs, do them because we are taking away X% non-instanced map exp" or somesuch. 

That wasn't the excuse.

There were alot of people street sweeping. I lead full teams doing it.

Problem was simple. instances could be contained and limited the amount of drain on the servers by limiting the number of people involved that Servers had to keep track of. Street sweeping meant that a number of characters equal to the amount of load that instance of the zone could carry would be running around fighting things and the servers would have to keep track of all of it.

My only guess is that a zone must have more enemies to fight than a Hami raid.

However, that doesn't stand up for a Mothership Raid or the Rikti war zone in general.

Saving citizens gaining progress toward leveled badges (Like Mentoring) makes more sense to me.

I kind of consider the Exploration Tips to be motivation to street sweep.

The open world is set as it is.

How is the game going to determine the mob size for your team and not have that affect the the other teams in the zone?

Hazard zones already yield more xp due to the mob size.

Why tho?

So street sweep and don't care how much xp it gives you.

I'll join you if I see you yell out for a street sweeping team in LFG and I'm not otherwize preoccupied/not in game. I'm sure others will as well.

And I would suggesting running the teams explore tips as they rolled in as well.

Street Sweeping Exploration Badge team LF#M

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.