Best all around dps primary

hejtmane

I never got a Will power to 50 on live I not managed it on here either I tried Katana.wp but stopped and retired it at the same level of 28 was such a yawn fest I tried katana.rad and man now that i loved.

Now I need a primary with really really good Single target and at least good Aoe to pair with willpower

Off the Tables are Ice I have two level 50 Ice melee with /bio and /shield

and Katana been there done that

I have a mace sitting in early 30's but so far meh I may just need to push through but looking for suggestions

Edited by hejtmane

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

4 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

does it need to be a scrapper would be my first thought

i build a lot of scrappers on test for a laugh, mace is incredibly damaging - especially with the scrapper ATOs - amazing ST and also impressive AoE

Of course I am a scrapper at heart I had 7 at 50 on live I have 7 at level 50 6 are IO out to the gills.

I finally got a tank to 50 with DB/Dark Armor always loved DA but lack of taunt aura on scrapper just forced me over to tank

Edited by hejtmane
  • Like 1

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

I'd recommend claws, war mace or EM. 

Claws will shred on map clears and has good ST performance, em has godlike single target and good enough aoe, war mace is kinda just insane at both, but not to the same degree they specialize in.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, ScarySai said:

I'd recommend claws, war mace or EM. 

Claws will shred on map clears and has good ST performance, em has godlike single target and good enough aoe, war mace is kinda just insane at both, but not to the same degree they specialize in.

I still love my wm/bio scrapper. Beatin the hell out of people with a pipe wrench is a hoot.

/in game, of course...

• Haha 1

I'm going to put my fav sets in descending order of awesomeness:

1. Claws: put the build up proc and CS proc in follow up. Use it when it's up. Ends up with awesome ST dmg with its glorious aoe as a massive bonus. I still get immense joy from hitting the CS proc in follow up and then tossing a shockwave into a group. Crit, crit, crit. The one downside is that the set is a bit "clicky" which is both good and bad. It means you're more active but it means you'll die a bit less mid-animation.

2. Dark: hear me out. I know dark typically isn't thought of as being beastly but with the right slotting and secondary/app it becomes godly. I recommend /shield. The trick is: put the CS proc in siphon life with 3 other dmg procs. Put 4 dmg procs in midnight grasp. Now walk into a group and hit the boss with siphon life ("Critical Strike!") -> soul drain (now you're swimming in dmg) -> fireball -> shield charge -> dark consumption (if anything is still alive). Oh yeah, and while dark melee is laying waste to your enemies it's simultaneously topping off your hp and end. If you can make the procs work, dark melee really comes into its own.

3. EM: ST beast, AVs will die extremely fast. AoE is a little meh but that's why we have apps. Not much to say here except that focused energy transfer is truly amazing. Long animation times though which can be a little annoying, especially if your secondary requires a lot of clicks to stay alive. 

4. War mace: oldie but goodie. I haven't checked the pylon thread in awhile but last time I did this was way way up there. In my own testing, I find the same. Nothing flashy, nothing ostentatious, just taking an object and putting it through your enemies' skulls. Clobber might change your life. Whirling mace is meh but crowd control will wreck your foes. And lining a few mobs up for a once-in-a-night shatter cone is very satisfying.

Out of all of these I probably play dark the most with claws a close runner up. There are some other sets that deserve an honorable mention: ice, rad, etc. There are some sets I hear good things about but have never 50'd, like dual blades (I'm just not that into weapons).

On 6/7/2022 at 9:56 PM, dzyp2 said:

2. Dark: hear me out. I know dark typically isn't thought of as being beastly but with the right slotting and secondary/app it becomes godly. I recommend /shield. The trick is: put the CS proc in siphon life with 3 other dmg procs. Put 4 dmg procs in midnight grasp. Now walk into a group and hit the boss with siphon life ("Critical Strike!") -> soul drain (now you're swimming in dmg) -> fireball -> shield charge -> dark consumption (if anything is still alive). Oh yeah, and while dark melee is laying waste to your enemies it's simultaneously topping off your hp and end. If you can make the procs work, dark melee really comes into its own.

Ok, old Dark Melee player here from live (and now of course), and I too wouldn't scratch this off the list either. During live, I would out DPS a claws scrapper most times, and with all the sets now, its even better then ever (though to be fair, claws would be too). A Dm/Wp Scrapper would actually be quite good (I haven't gotten one to 50 yet) as its DPS potential, damage backed with sets & Proc's, combined with a most excellent heal (with Willpowers own), AND the -to hit buffs associated with most of Dark's attacks, make it a surprisingly excellent combo to play I am thinking. And while no where near a AoE king, or ST damaging set like Energy Melee is, most enemies will fall fast enough for you to even care, even as you dance over their fallen bodies. 😄 

Peace...

On 6/10/2022 at 12:46 PM, TrelNargil said:

Ok, old Dark Melee player here from live (and now of course), and I too wouldn't scratch this off the list either. During live, I would out DPS a claws scrapper most times, and with all the sets now, its even better then ever (though to be fair, claws would be too). A Dm/Wp Scrapper would actually be quite good (I haven't gotten one to 50 yet) as its DPS potential, damage backed with sets & Proc's, combined with a most excellent heal (with Willpowers own), AND the -to hit buffs associated with most of Dark's attacks, make it a surprisingly excellent combo to play I am thinking. And while no where near a AoE king, or ST damaging set like Energy Melee is, most enemies will fall fast enough for you to even care, even as you dance over their fallen bodies. 😄 

Peace...

Dark Melee is measurably not even close to the top DPS performer. I really wish this myth would die. Not sure how or why it started.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SomeGuy said:

Dark Melee is measurably not even close to the top DPS performer. I really wish this myth would die. Not sure how or why it started.

The ease of the game would be my guess. It's like browsing the Tanker forums and so many posts about 'omg, this X/Y is so sturdy! I can tank everything with it!' and I'm just, yeah, you're a Tanker, it would be actually hard to die on a Tanker, actually have to try or make an effort to.

Not putting down the above tester's enjoyment but it's probably the same. A scrapper able to wipe enemies at a decent clip? It does not really matter the flavor since they all can.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Sovera said:

The ease of the game would be my guess. It's like browsing the Tanker forums and so many posts about 'omg, this X/Y is so sturdy! I can tank everything with it!' and I'm just, yeah, you're a Tanker, it would be actually hard to die on a Tanker, actually have to try or make an effort to.

Not putting down the above tester's enjoyment but it's probably the same. A scrapper able to wipe enemies at a decent clip? It does not really matter the flavor since they all can.

This is actually a really good guess and example IMO. Also, I'm very firmly one of the folks that really enjoys the DM gameplay style. Easily one of my fav sets. I just really wish it's actual performance were closer to some of the more middle of the road sets (yeah, it's that low performance wise).

I've got a RAD/SS tanker and it's overall DEF is honestly pretty low, yet the darn thing feels unkillable in 99% of the content of the game. The AT is that good at what it does. And it's buff wasn't it's survivability. Talk about an AT that got overbuffed...sheesh. But hey, I haven't been pushing the bleeding edge of killing things and barely staying alive since 2004 in this game. What do I know. /s

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/29/2022 at 12:06 PM, hejtmane said:

I never got a Will power to 50 on live I not managed it on here either I tried Katana.wp but stopped and retired it at the same level of 28 was such a yawn fest I tried katana.rad and man now that i loved.

Now I need a primary with really really good Single target and at least good Aoe to pair with willpower

Off the Tables are Ice I have two level 50 Ice melee with /bio and /shield

and Katana been there done that

I have a mace sitting in early 30's but so far meh I may just need to push through but looking for suggestions

I find it's the concept that helps with all combos however, my suggestion...

Elec/WP/Mu!

The Snipe will help the ST DPS, though I honestly never felt it to be as bad as others make it out to be.