Imperial City 'Going Rouge' exploration badge LRT bug

AboveTheChemist

The issue is that earning the 'Going Rouge' exploration badge in Imperial City will report Imperial City as unlocked in the Fast Travel power menu, but earning that badge does not actually unlock Imperial City as a Long Range Teleporter (LRT) destination (assuming that the LRT power has already been unlocked).

Long story short: This bug is mostly my fault, but the solution should be fairly simple. Long story longer (with potential solutions):

Spoiler

In the interest of full disclosure, I think I am responsible for this bug. I provided the initial popmenu code for the Fast Travel popmenu and at the time it didn't occur to me not to include 'Going Rouge', which is an oddball 9th exploration badge in Imperial City that does not count toward the exploration accolade ('Emperor for a Day') for that zone.

Not long after I provided the code, I found the bug and reported it privately, and was told that it would be discussed. I forgot about it until recently. It would seem the obvious solutions would either be to:

1. In the Fast Travel popmenu, alter the LockedOption code for the Imperial City entry to exclude the code for the 'Going Rouge' badge
  2. Alter the LRT requirements such that 'Going Rouge' unlocks Imperial City as a destination (assuming LRT has been previously earned)

I've got some illustrative screenshots. First is a shot of my LRT destination menu prior to any testing, showing that Imperial City is locked. At this point I have earned the LRT power, but I have collected zero exploration badges in Imperial City.

lrt_pre.jpg.359e0c3ce6d92824da4aa004a2a8dc07.jpg

At this point I traveled to Imperial City and collected only the 'Going Rouge' badge. Here's a shot of my badge list popmenu showing that it's the only exploration badge I collected in Imperial City.

imp_city_badge_menu.png.440385d3f65f799b79ba3a74d2b7ad98.png

Here's a shot of the Fast Travel menu, which indicates that Imperial City is unlocked.

imp_city_fast_travel.png.a8f42c764d185f26aadbd22cd9abb7d2.png

Finally, here's another shot of the LRT destination menu showing that Imperial City is still locked. Note in the chat that I have collected the 'Going Rouge' badge.

lrt_post.thumb.jpg.50cb8371793e29cfe003c32d497a5234.jpg

Edited by AboveTheChemist
spoiler some non-essential stuff
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yep. Just rolled up a (*shivers*) goldsider, walked through the same steps and can confirm.

• Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

10 minutes ago, TheZag said:

Step 1: supply bugged code

Step 2: report bugged code

Step 3: receive bug hunter badge

Step 4: profit 

I know you jest, but even if I had done something worthy of that badge (this particular bug doesn't even come close), I have no interest in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later

Bumping this bug report for visibility and to note that with the upcoming badge swap of Rookie - Silent Sentinel between AP and Echo: AP, the LRT zone check popmenu will need to be updated to reflect that badge swap.

Essentially, under the LRT Zone check for Atlas Park, you'll need to replace the badge_tag for Silent Sentinel (AtlasParkTour2) with the badge_tag for Rookie (Rookie). And that isn't a typo, both the badge_tag and badge name are Rookie.