Tanker duo question

Archmage1000

7 minutes ago, Redletter said:

I didnt say you did.

While the words "I didnt (sic) say you did" are literally true, what you did was quote me writing:

Two melees have different failure points than a melee and a ranged and you will play differently accordingly. With two melees, while neither of you is going to be mezzed, neither of you is going to do all that much to help the other if they are low on endurance or health. I am not sure one is pairing is generally easier or faster than the other.

and respond:

You can support your friend while not being a support. Tankers like having DPS buddies around, and as a person who regularly duos with a tanker on a STALKER, I find it really hard to recommend anything else.

The implication is clear and if misreading is possible in what is being objected to the onus is on the writer, not the reader. 

7 minutes ago, Redletter said:

Next time, contact me privately if you feel slighted, or a moderator. It's healthier for threads than starting a plainly rude rebuttal chain.

Is it your habit to give advice you do not follow?

But one thing I am usually good at is letting the other person have the last word. So give what response you will and do not expect a response from me.

3 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

But one thing I am usually good at is letting the other person have the last word. So give what response you will and do not expect a response from me.

If I have you on ignore it is due to perceived provocations on your part. If they were unintended I should not respond and if they were intentional they do not deserve a response.

LULZ.

Death is the best debuff.

On 6/2/2022 at 1:08 AM, Archmage1000 said:

The Tanker he will be is Dark/Claws if that will help.  I was thinking either Defender or Corruptor myself, just not sure what power sets to take

Bubble Defender.  Big dollop of defence.

Dark/Dark Defender.  -To Hit.  One of the best heals.  Soupy Malaise for mobs.  Holds.  A tar pit to put under the tank with lots of juicy benefits.  A very good shared team toggle.

Roll either (both?), play to L10 and test/see what you like best.

Azrael.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/3/2022 at 10:04 PM, Archmage1000 said:

So what you are saying you think a Tanker and a melee character would actually be easier and faster then the corruptor?

So far I have made and tried:

Defender Elec/Elec

Corruptor Water/Cold

Corruptor Water/Kin

Will give any others a try that anyone suggest that might be a viable Dark/Claw Tanker duo worthy

So far it seems water/cold and water/kin is good

The Beauty of DUOs is that they can give MOAR.  Any duo can work if you both are happy with what you rolled.  As long as you both have the attention span to see it through to L50.  But if you have the right combination, it can be much easier and alot of fun.

However, I find Defenders uniquely suited to DUOing.  Eg.  Two Force Fielder Defenders.  You both effectively become a Tank.

That could work with x2 Dark/Dark Defenders.

In either case, you'd be pretty tough to hit.

In the case of you wanting something to help out (rather than compete) with the Tanker, the support option of Defender is spot on.  In my view, the Defender is a 'Junior' Tank.  It just goes about things in a different way.  By empowering your friend?  You empower yourself.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

Well I went with Elec/Elec Defender and so far not bad at all.  Level 35 and going, we are doing +0/x8 right now, pretty smooth going

Still want to try something different than Defender sometime, just haven't decided what it should be to go with his Dark/Claws Tanker

3 hours ago, Archmage1000 said:

Well I went with Elec/Elec Defender and so far not bad at all.  Level 35 and going, we are doing +0/x8 right now, pretty smooth going

Still want to try something different than Defender sometime, just haven't decided what it should be to go with his Dark/Claws Tanker

Dark tends to be on the end heavy side, and its only real weakness (other than high end cost) is not a ton of defense, so I'd suggest a Cold/ something defender.  Between the shields and Heat Loss he'll thank you.

What this team needs is more Defenders

I decided to change it up some and started a DP/Kin Corruptor, since he's end goes very fast right now.  Plus I have a heal and some other buffs for him.  Maybe later, once he is 50 and has the end under control I will pick something else to play with him them.

4 hours ago, Archmage1000 said:

I decided to change it up some and started a DP/Kin Corruptor, since he's end goes very fast right now.  Plus I have a heal and some other buffs for him.  Maybe later, once he is 50 and has the end under control I will pick something else to play with him them.

If your friend hasn't done it yet, then urge him (her?) to consider putting a "Theft of essence" "chance for +endurance" proc IO into dark regeneration. It can be slotted as early as level 7 and it works at the same level of efficacy through all levels from 7 on up. It is a complete game-changer for dark armor. Suggested (budget) slotting for dark regeneration could be ...

Touch of nictus (acc / heal; acc / end / heal; acc / end /rech; heal), basic endurance reduction IO (highest level your tanker friend can slot), theft of essence +endurance proc IO

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/13/2022 at 4:57 PM, Archmage1000 said:

Can't go wrong with Kinetics for support.

And your duo team.

You get damage, heal, stamina, recharge, tough.  It's the Gold Standard of team buffing.  It will transform your Tank Duo Partner.

It also has the benefits of debuffing your opponents.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

• 2 months later
On 6/15/2022 at 6:32 AM, Golden Azrael said:

Can't go wrong with Kinetics for support.

You get damage, heal, stamina, recharge, tough.  It's the Gold Standard of team buffing.  It will transform your Tank Duo Partner.

Especially if it's Stone Armor in Granite form 😁.  SB for the win!

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

On 6/1/2022 at 5:25 PM, Archmage1000 said:

I have a Tanker friend that I would like to play with.  But my question is what to play with him.  I am looking for a really good aoe archetype with a secondary that will buff and keep him alive.

Any thoughts on what to play with him?

Thermal. Thermal will heal, shore up his lower Resistances, offer some buffs/debuffs

I would suggest Controller, to help keep the field easier for you both.

Edited by JJDrakken