For Those with Battle Axe Experience. The DMG seems especially impressive...

Bojutsu

I've always thought since launch that the Battle Axe powerset seemed very powerful with damage.

Those Battle Axe Warriors still chop huge chunks of health off me with that axe when I fight them. I have to watch my health extra close when I fight them because it can go down quick.

Now that Scrappers can have Battle Axe, I am even more tempted to make one.

Have you been chopped down by those Warrior Battle Axe Hewers like me?

Is Battle Axe the health bar buster it seems to be? 

Thank you for responses.

Edited by Bojutsu

I have an Axe/Regen Scrap that does pretty well. The damage is definitely there, but needs some help from extra recharge because the powers take years to come back up. Thankfully, every single attack can take a Force Feedback proc, so you can use those to help prop it up pretty reliably.

Many will tell you War Mace is better across the board, but with the right secondary and some smart building, Battle Axe can definitely put on the hurt.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

31 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

I have an Axe/Regen Scrap that does pretty well. The damage is definitely there, but needs some help from extra recharge because the powers take years to come back up. Thankfully, every single attack can take a Force Feedback proc, so you can use those to help prop it up pretty reliably.

Many will tell you War Mace is better across the board, but with the right secondary and some smart building, Battle Axe can definitely put on the hurt.

War mace probably is better across the board, but that doesn't really matter, cause not every character needs to be 100% min maxxed. Play the game for fun.

I have an Axe/Willpower scrapper, and like you was chasing recharge to make it fun. It's in the high 30's now, and gets a decent rotation. Low lvls were a little rough but if you just hang out and join TF's you zip through levels anyways.

I found it endurance hungry as well so having a secondary that helps with that, will make it feel more fun as well, or just buy a bunch of those recovery serums from p2w to get you through till incarnates.

War Mace and Battle Axe are very similar.  The 9 powers are for the most part ports of smashing damage (War Mace) versus lethal damage (Battle Axe).

As mentioned Battle Axe is all knockdown/knockup, while War Mace has some kd and stun in there as well.  On the plus side, there are a lot of places to pop in FF +recharge procs.

On the minus side, all that +recharge emphasizes that they are both pretty endurance hungry sets.

And finally, and most important, you should choose a weapon skin that you like.  If you like shovels, you're in luck, since you can have one either as Battle Axe or as War Mace!

Who run Bartertown?

Similar to Axe, you may want to look at Broadsword, also a very damaging set with a similar set of powers. While Axe attacks have the benefit of knockdown/knockup, Broadsword's attacks all have -Def. Less CC, but makes it easier to keep hitting.

Slash, slash, big damage.

Every attack in Axe can slot a Force Feedback, while only two in Broadsword can.

Edited by TungstenShark