City of Dread, The Complete Saga + All Spin-offs

Savantir

My Architect Entertainment saga titled City of Dread is a nine-episode adventure with a total of 45 unique quests to complete, handfuls of unique custom characters to team with or defeat, and compelling stories from beginning to end. Since the release of City of Dread, The Complete Saga, I've released three spin-offs titled Priscilla's BehestThe Heist of Han Liu, and Trials & Tales.

Clues, NPC dialogue, ally/boss descriptions, and everything in-between always ties the story together. I highly suggest making a new "Story" tab in your chat window specifically for Cutscene Captions and NPC Dialogue. This is very important, as it will make sure you don't miss out on anything that progresses the story and character development.

I've personally tested every mission. I provide NPC allies when necessary, but I recommend being a well-slotted level 50 if you wish to complete the saga and its spin-offs with few road bumps. If you do decide to play through the saga and its spin-offs, then I thank you. I'm honoured to provide content created by a lifelong fan. To find the arcs in-game, search the arc ID, City of Dread, or Savantir.

If you are stuck, you may always lower the difficulty. Difficulty recommendations and arc IDs are listed below.

Difficulty, Author's Recommendation

Level 50, Solo, Incarnate, +2x3

Level 50, Solo, No Incarnate, +1x2

Level 50, Duo, Incarnate, +3x4

Level 50, Duo, No Incarnate, +2x3

City of Dread and Spin-offs

Episode 1 Arc ID: #10860

Episode 2 Arc ID: #11104

Episode 3 Arc ID: #11332

Episode 4 Arc ID: #42551

Episode 5 Arc ID: #42618

Episode 6 Arc ID: #42715

Episode 7 Arc ID: #49533

Episode 8 Arc ID: #49675

Episode 9 Arc ID: #49732

Priscilla's Behest Arc ID: #54075

The Heist of Han Liu Arc ID: #55937

Trials & Tales Arc ID: #56009

The Heist of Han Liu [A City of Dread Story] Official Release

• Shadow Spider has contacted you for a calculated operation. Han Liu, a nuclear physicist and inventor of many advanced prototypes, must be in the palm of Arachnos' hand by all costs.
  • Five delicately elaborated missions with a narrative that has a beginning and an end.
  • For the first time ever in the City of Dread's world, experience the villain's perspective.
  • Enemy groups encountered: Longbow, Gold Brickers, Rogue Arachnos
  • Takes place after the events of City of Dread and Priscilla's Behest.
  • A select few of characters return.
  • Challenging yet fun, for solos, duos, etc.

Trials & Tales [A City of Dread Story] Official Release

• Spoiler
    • After another tragic loss, a replacement is desired. Sacred Justice intends to guide you through the trials and history of The Veiled. The question is, will you pass the test?
  • An intriguing narrative designed to keep you engaged.
  • Locked at level 30, for story, challenge, and creative purposes. 
  • Three missions include complex mechanics to overcome.
  • Elite Bosses must be defeated without allied NPCs.
  • Takes place after the events of the City of Dread saga, Priscilla's Behest, and HoHL.
  • Five brilliantly crafted missions featuring 15+ enemy groups by the end.

Thank you for playing City of Dread, The Complete Saga, Priscilla's Behest, HoHL, and T&T.

Edited by Savantir
HoHL + T&T Released
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 9

I run a lot of mission arc teams with some IRL friends, but not everyone has tricked-out level 50s.  Do you think it's better to do these as an Incarnate with fragile lowbies tagging along, or as a lower-level team?

i'm excited to try it!  we love doing full story arcs and strategizing how to tackle different problems with whatever power combos are at hand. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, capricorpse said:

Do you think it's better to do these as an Incarnate with fragile lowbies tagging along, or as a lower-level team?

The real difficulty spike is the last trilogy because it has many AVs, but if you toy with the notoriety settings then you should be able to do the entire saga with both examples you gave me. Whichever you decide, I am excited that you are excited. I hope you have fun and enjoy the story!

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 7:41 PM, DanofEarth said:

I really dislike the level changes. 42 to 50, then down to 26 randomly in Episode 2. Not sure what that's about. Still progressing through it.

I've already explained the reasoning behind this, I replied to you on Reddit. For those wondering here on the forums, the level shifts are due to the limitations that Architect Entertainment has, but if you're reading dialogue then I provide a story explanation when you're scaled down. Thank you.

Edited by Savantir
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

30 minutes ago, Savantir07 said:

I've already explained the reasoning behind this, I replied to you twice on Reddit. For those wondering here on the forums, the level shifts are due to the limitations that Architect Entertainment has. Don't fret though, if you're reading dialogue then I provide a story explanation when you're scaled down. Thank you.

Yea I didn't see the responses. Seriously calm down.

• Thumbs Down 4

Quite enjoying this! I commented upon completing the first episode. In mission 2 of that one, upon completion the text mentions an encounter with a hero. I didn't clear the map, so didn't see that hero. Perhaps make that encounter a mission-complete requirement? 

• Thanks 1

I came back to the game recently and decided to knock these out during my vacation, but I might replay it with my daughter soon. Ep 6 and ep 9 were my favorite, the arch-villain battles were epic. Decided to play on the difficulty that was recommended, it was tough here and there but nothing a few inspirations couldn't fix!! 😄  

• Like 1

I love SFMA arcs.  Just started this and it was a hell of a lot of fun.  I'll add it to my list of "Long stories", along with @Darmian's Dark Deeds saga, @cranebump's Leviathan and @Ankylosaur's Glitters mega-thing. I mention these three because they're my benchmark for great stuff and City of Dread is shaping up to be alongside them!

Ok, on to Part 2!  More excitement ahoy.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Great to be back in CoX!

On 6/12/2022 at 5:44 AM, xenonlights said:

Custom group in later episodes was great, well-designed too.

Their powersets went through a lot of trial and error because I wanted a variety that was perfect. The costumes were an absolute blast to create, I kept having ideas one after the other then I had the whole group envisioned quite fast. For the final trilogy, I know I needed to go the extra mile, so that's why there's not only a custom group, but many arch-villains as well. 

Edited by Savantir07

18 hours ago, TerroirNoir said:

I love SFMA arcs.  Just started this and it was a hell of a lot of fun.  I'll add it to my list of "Long stories", along with @Darmian's Dark Deeds saga, @cranebump's Leviathan and @Ankylosaur's Glitters mega-thing. I mention these three because they're my benchmark for great stuff and City of Dread is shaping up to be alongside them!

Ok, on to Part 2!  More excitement ahoy.

Thanks for the shout out, @TerroirNoir, appreciate it!

I tried City of Dread Episode One yesterday myself.  Good stuff, @Savantir07.  I'll get to the rest as soon as I can!

Edited by Darmian
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I'll be starting a longish review post on the forum soon (depending on RL obviously).  I'm intending to play through Dark Deeds, Leviathan, All that Glitters and City of Dread, alternating between the four of them.  It'll be my own cable channel of adventure.  Any spoilers will be labelled as such and hidden. 

• Thanks 1

Great to be back in CoX!

On 6/26/2022 at 1:37 AM, TerroirNoir said:

I'll be starting a longish review post on the forum soon (depending on RL obviously).  I'm intending to play through Dark Deeds, Leviathan, All that Glitters and City of Dread, alternating between the four of them.  It'll be my own cable channel of adventure.  Any spoilers will be labelled as such and hidden. 

This didn't go exactly to plan!  But yours are lined up for when I finish @Darmian's run of AEs, along with @Getaways stuff.  Bear with me!  It turned out to be a much bigger task than I had reckoned on!

Edited by TerroirNoir2
  • Like 1

• Savantir changed the title to City of Dread, The Complete Saga Official Release

The Heist of Han Liu [A City of Dread Story] Official Release

• Shadow Spider has contacted you for a calculated operation. Han Liu, a nuclear physicist and inventor of many advanced prototypes, must be in the palm of Arachnos' hand by all costs.
  • Five delicately elaborated missions with a narrative that has a beginning and an end.
  • For the first time ever in the City of Dread's world, experience the villain's perspective.
  • Enemy groups encountered: Longbow, Gold Brickers, Rogue Arachnos
  • Takes place after the events of City of Dread and Priscilla's Behest.
  • A select few of characters return.
  • Challenging yet fun, for solos, duos, etc.

Thank you for playing City of Dread, The Complete Saga, Priscilla's Behest, HoHL, and T&T.

Edited by Savantir
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Savantir changed the title to City of Dread, The Complete Saga + All Spin-offs

Trials & Tales [A City of Dread Story] Official Release

• Spoiler
    • After another tragic loss, a replacement is desired. Sacred Justice intends to guide you through the trials and history of The Veiled. The question is, will you pass the test?
  • An intriguing narrative designed to keep you engaged.
  • Locked at level 30, for story, challenge, and creative purposes. 
  • Three missions include complex mechanics to overcome.
  • Elite Bosses must be defeated without allied NPCs.
  • Takes place after the events of the City of Dread saga, Priscilla's Behest, and HoHL.
  • Five brilliantly crafted missions featuring 15+ enemy groups by the end.