Trying to get my first 50 but keep restarting.

Sh1v

1 hour ago, Sh1v said:

thanks for the info. I have been looking into rad and invuln or shield using either wm,savage or claws. maybe NRGM it hits so hard i tried it on a energy/energy stalker and it was alright i would like a bit more aoe but i know i can get more aoe with a primary and power pools. i'm slowly learning what i like.

Shield, apart from Shield Charge.  Too passive.  Invul'.  Too passive.  No tick of dam in either of those.  Energy.  Though improved, is not AOE focused.  Reflexes.  Nice for defence.  But very passive.

If it's AoE you want.  It's Rad/Fire.  You get to press the buttons.  2 damage ticks.  AoE attack bounty with Fire.  AoE Armour bounty.  Def' will turn them to butter.  Fire will melt the butter.

As an alt to Fire, you could try the AoE leaning Spines.  (Also could go Fire/Spines.  Plenty of tick damage, AoE burst damage, AOE over time damage...Burn which also melts mobs...etc.)

The Rad/Fire or Fire/Spines tanks allow you to level quickly and earn a boat load of influence and absolutely rake it in at L50.  These also 'alt' as farming tanks (for these tanks, ANY mission can be a farm.)  This means you can print money as you play these L50s and fund all future builds with relative ease.  Damaging but 'safe.'

In the Hollows with Fire?  I was doing -1x8 and with the odd luck inspire I was giving the 'Master' Class to the Trolls.  Breezed through Steel 'Outcasts' Canyon and gave the 'bird' to Warriors in Talos.  

'You want fries with dat?'

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael
  • Like 1

Seconding @Infinitum's Shield/Electric, especially if you take Teleport as your travel power.  Ran that pairing to 50 on Live, and it was absolutely awesome being able to teleport slam into every group (sometimes after banking teleports off of walls to get around platforms).  With the boost to Tank AoE here on HC, I bet he'd be an absolute monster with those slams.

And, as an added bonus, why taunt runners when you can simply drag them back to you with teleport foe?

47 minutes ago, Greldek said:

Dark Armor / staff is extremely fun. Staff helps mitigate da endurance problems. Staff has a couple knock downs, dark has CCS, staff has a fun fluid attack chains.

Seconded, my dark/staff is one of my favorite toons. Single-target damage is a little lacking but his AOE, aggro control and resilience are beastly. 

39 minutes ago, Akisan said:

Seconding @Infinitum's Shield/Electric, especially if you take Teleport as your travel power.  Ran that pairing to 50 on Live, and it was absolutely awesome being able to teleport slam into every group (sometimes after banking teleports off of walls to get around platforms).  With the boost to Tank AoE here on HC, I bet he'd be an absolute monster with those slams.

And, as an added bonus, why taunt runners when you can simply drag them back to you with teleport foe?

Recall Foe.  Yes.

On live, a friend ran Invul/En'.  I remember him using Recall Foe for runners.

Tp'ing mobs to you can be very satisfying.  (I use that technique on my War Shade...for entire mobs.)  

Azrael.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/6/2022 at 1:57 AM, Sovereigne said:

Seconded, my dark/staff is one of my favorite toons. Single-target damage is a little lacking but his AOE, aggro control and resilience are beastly. 

I had a RP idea for this very combo.  Mind sharing your build?

Thanks

On 6/4/2022 at 9:43 AM, Sh1v said:

I have pretty bad adhd and i get bored really easily if i'm not engaged in the game.

Perhaps switch to a scrapper with hasten?

If you can't pull enough agro with challenge get the presence power set :: Provoke in order to taunt more.

You won't be a damage sponge but you will have more buttons to push for your adhd.

or you could try the other kind of "tank"

a Storm/Electric defender would probably do well with your adhd.

You might even want to go for an Empathy/radiation blast. Not tank at all, but you are a damage sponge in reverse. Instead of soaking damage, you are providing HPs to your teammates and that can get really click intensive trying to keep up with healing everyone.

Not so much "Hulk smash" but it might keep your attention more.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

5 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Perhaps switch to a scrapper with hasten?

If you can't pull enough agro with challenge get the presence power set :: Provoke in order to taunt more.

You won't be a damage sponge but you will have more buttons to push for your adhd.

or you could try the other kind of "tank"

a Storm/Electric defender would probably do well with your adhd.

You might even want to go for an Empathy/radiation blast. Not tank at all, but you are a damage sponge in reverse. Instead of soaking damage, you are providing HPs to your teammates and that can get really click intensive trying to keep up with healing everyone.

Not so much "Hulk smash" but it might keep your attention more.

Good call on Storm/Elec (or Ice) Defender.

The Defender is a 'different' kind of Tank.

Sounds like our 'friend' needs something with lots of buttons and lots going on.

So a more 'active' kind of Tank.

(See Azrael's Top Ten' Tank Guide - For Tank Beginners, for details.)

Azrael.

• Thumbs Up 1