Worst Melee - Choose wisely, punish Troo

Troo

3 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

kinetic / regen stalker?

Kinetic Melee is known for being 10x better on Stalker than on anything else, so no not quite 🙂

My 109th character is in fact now a KM/SR Stalker. Literally because I wanted to play the good version of the powerset.

Edited by arcane

2 hours ago, arcane said:

Kinetic Melee is known for being 10x better on Stalker than on anything else, so no not quite 🙂

My 109th character is in fact now a KM/SR Stalker. Literally because I wanted to play the good version of the powerset.

i jumped on the KM hate train with too much enthusiasm then it seems!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, arcane said:

What makes it so much better on a Stalker as opposed to a Scrapper?

28 minutes ago, Bojutsu said:

What makes it so much better on a Stalker as opposed to a Scrapper?

KM struggles from (1) crappy alternative to Build Up and (2) horrible animation times on everything that could possibly be a heavy hitting attack. KM Stalkers have Build Up and Assassin’s Strike, addressing both serious problems. 

Same pattern for Electric Melee, which is still great at AoE on every other AT but is only great at single target damage on Stalkers (Scrappers not completely horrible because Snipes but still).

Edited by arcane
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, arcane said:

KM struggles from (1) crappy alternative to Build Up and (2) horrible animation times on everything that could possibly be a heavy hitting attack. KM Stalkers have Build Up and Assassin’s Strike, addressing both serious problems. 

Yeah, Build Up seems more effective than Power Siphon. It looks like Power Siphon would require you to attack 5 different enemies within 20 seconds in order to get the full dmg buff from it. I haven't gotten very far with my Kinetic Melee Scrapper, so I have to wonder how much of a damage buff you get from each "siphon". If you are able to stack it 5 times, it could be a significant damage buff, but I don't know. I love that I've been playing this game so long and I still have so much to learn about so many different powers, power sets, and more. 

I'm not very concerned about animation times at this time, and I will try to get the most out of Power Siphon as possible.

Thanks for responses.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

i jumped on the KM hate train with too much enthusiasm then it seems!

Stylistically?  I thought this was 'great' on Live.  Pretty set.

Then?  I grew tried of it's long animation times.  And it's damage didn't seem that good for the wait time to execute.

I don't think I finished my journey with it.  It began to feel like 'hard work.'

Maybe it could do with its cast times editing down?

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2022 at 2:00 PM, Bojutsu said:

I have a Kinetic Melee Scrapper that I enjoy a lot.

I do, too, but there is a definite difference between "enjoyable" and "having good performance".  KM can be fun, but its performance on a scrapper is not good.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stormwalker said:

I do, too, but there is a definite difference between "enjoyable" and "having good performance".  KM can be fun, but its performance on a scrapper is not good.

True words spoken.

And that's the beauty of CoH.

You can min max.

Or you can just have fun.

It doesn't always have to be the mOAST  GuD PErFUORMeNcE.

Azrael.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/6/2022 at 2:38 PM, EmperorSteele said:

I have an elec/sr stalker, and I find it plays fairly well. Haven't noticed any End issues so far (though he is only level 20ish)

I ran an Electric Stalker on Live.  Got to about L42 before Live got yanked.

Had a Palpatine vibe about it.

You target the apex of a 3 mob group with stealth mode.  'ARGGGH!'  That's down.  By the time the 2nd mob turns his head?  He has half his HPs.  And is about to die?  The third one panics and begins to run...but you're all over him like a rash.  

Rinse.  Repeat.  I found the 'art of surprise' quite fun.

Azrael.

PS.  I know Elec has it's critics, but I've used the elec melee set on Blasters, Domi's, Scrapper, Tank, Stalker.  I find it compelling.

Edited by Golden Azrael
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/8/2022 at 9:13 AM, Jiro Ito said:

the worst-worst would be whip melee/force field

On 6/8/2022 at 8:54 AM, The_Warpact said:

Pics or it didn't happen. 

two birds, one stone..

Introducing Stanley's second cousin Blaine. A petless Demon Summoning / Force Field, Mastermind and one very bad boy.

I agree that this would be an awful melee set.. (this is also clearly outside the scope of this project)

image.png.80999bfc7cb1065b633f33fa5f2daf8d.png

Edited by Troo
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Finalists so far: (further input welcome)

• Ice Armor / War Mace, Tank
  • Kinetic Melee / Willpower, Scrapper
  • Kinetic Melee / Electric Armor, Scrapper (Leaning here.. )
  • Kinetic Melee / Dark Armor, Scrapper ( ..or here)
  • Kinetic Melee / Ice Armor, Scrapper
  • Dark Armor / Martial Arts, Tank
  • Fire Melee / Ice Armor, Scrapper (already started)

regen + redraw, might do some testing on this separately

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum