Any people from Champion?

luckydg387

25 minutes ago, Shaawiing said:

I was on YouTube and saw a video that was posted just a few months ago about CoH gameplay. I was shocked because the game was shutdown years ago. I decided to give it a try and damn it works for real!! I can't believe it! I do kind of recall that name Cobalt. Felicia ofcourse is the SG founder I believe from AoW I was in.

Welcome home!  Be sure to check out the Champion Discord server here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later
  • 2 months later

I'm late to the reunion, but I was a former Champion player.

I was on the board some, but due to the never-ending drama and the serial harassers that were given carte blanche, I quit using the boards.

I was skeptical about joining this, as my first experience in CoH involved death threats on a daily basis, but so far it seems like the right people are here and I'll check this out for a few weeks.

I don't remember my character names anymore. I quit playing sometime after capes were introduced and well before CoV.

Look for me on Excelsior some time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shadow Raven said:

I'm late to the reunion, but I was a former Champion player.

I was on the board some, but due to the never-ending drama and the serial harassers that were given carte blanche, I quit using the boards.

I was skeptical about joining this, as my first experience in CoH involved death threats on a daily basis, but so far it seems like the right people are here and I'll check this out for a few weeks.

I don't remember my character names anymore. I quit playing sometime after capes were introduced and well before CoV.

Look for me on Excelsior some time.

When I see posts like this, I must have been living in a bubble on CoH.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Ohsirus said:

When I see posts like this, I must have been living in a bubble on CoH.

Be glad you were. My day consisted of tells telling me to die and leave the game. Heck, they even harassed a friend of mine because they thought it was me.

Sadly, the mod (some beverage name) didn't seem too concerned about it. 

I loved the game, but didn't have much respect for the community after that.

Anyway, if you're still on now, I'm in Excelsior every couple of days or so. Look for Grimm Raven.

• 2 weeks later
  • Lead Game Master

Hey folks.

I've hidden several posts, as things were starting to get heated.

And I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone that we do not allow harassment of any kind on our servers, forums, or discord. Whatever experiences folks may have had on Live, we do our best to make sure everyone here feels safe, and thoroughly investigate all reports of harassment and misbehavior. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

1 hour ago, GM Impervium said:

Hey folks.

I've hidden several posts, as things were starting to get heated.

And I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone that we do not allow harassment of any kind on our servers, forums, or discord. Whatever experiences folks may have had on Live, we do our best to make sure everyone here feels safe, and thoroughly investigate all reports of harassment and misbehavior. 

Thanks! Seems a reminder was needed.

On 2/2/2022 at 2:12 PM, Shadow Raven said:

Now that all that unpleasantness is over....

What days do some of the former Champion players play typically?

I'd be up for teaming up with a good, mature group of players.

IIRC there is the Champions_BMT channel, but I never see any activity on it.

• 2 weeks later
On 2/9/2022 at 1:30 PM, Ohsirus said:

IIRC there is the Champions_BMT channel, but I never see any activity on it.

That's true. Occasionally Witty Librarian and I chat in Champions BMT, but I can't recall anyone else saying anything in the past 6-9 months. As for when I'm on, the answer is "Almost daily" although what *HOURS* I play varies from 9:00 AM Central to as late as 11:00 PM with no consistency day-to-day in which hours I have available.

• 5 months later
2 minutes ago, matigah said:

Played on Champion as Slick Quills, was part of Everyday Heroes SG. Pretty sure we were pretty high on the prestige ranking, surprised to not see anyone here in the threads so far.

There were quite a strong number of us Champion ex-pats when the servers first stood up but more than a few have dwindled away or prefer to stay in contact on Discord, but even that activity is pretty low currently. All the same, welcome back.

Stay True, Stay Blue.

CoHForumSignatureBanner_i21_296x62_CoalitionText_Size12.jpg.c03eb0b3911f764e8955e6f95f302974.jpg

12 hours ago, matigah said:

Played on Champion as Slick Quills, was part of Everyday Heroes SG. Pretty sure we were pretty high on the prestige ranking, surprised to not see anyone here in the threads so far.

I don't know if any of the Major Super Groups were recreated post Snap. I'm not even sure if Super Groups even exist like they did when on Live. 

@'Taker here....been around for a long time (since beta and since these servers came up)..sorry I'm late to the party.  It's great that a game this aged can still bring us together and make us remember things that got alot of us through some rough days.   Champion 4 Life

I was also an exclusive Champion player.  Wasn't on Beta, but did buy retail, the day it came out (still have the "handbook" with lvl 40 as max).  No huge SG affiliation, but I have remade most of my notable toons, as listed in my sig.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

• 3 weeks later
  • 3 months later
On 8/18/2022 at 8:08 PM, Helios Mage said:

Hey, I remember you! I played as Beetle Bug/Plinko in Everyday Heroes. I found your post while looking for Rimrock, the leader of Everyday Heroes. He'd put together teams in the SG every night and played a TON. I'm pretty sure he's like 90% of the reason our SG's prestige ranking was so high. It's very cool to see someone from Everyday Heroes after so long, this game was a huge part of my childhood and much of it was spent grouping with ya'll!

4 hours ago, Wizard Lizard said:

Hey, I remember you! I played as Beetle Bug/Plinko in Everyday Heroes. I found your post while looking for Rimrock, the leader of Everyday Heroes. He'd put together teams in the SG every night and played a TON. I'm pretty sure he's like 90% of the reason our SG's prestige ranking was so high. It's very cool to see someone from Everyday Heroes after so long, this game was a huge part of my childhood and much of it was spent grouping with ya'll!

Rimrock's global was @Deathhimself on Champion, in case you go looking for them, which is a strong assumption they're still using the same global.

Stay True, Stay Blue.

CoHForumSignatureBanner_i21_296x62_CoalitionText_Size12.jpg.c03eb0b3911f764e8955e6f95f302974.jpg

• 2 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later
2 hours ago, Decision said:

Decision checking in - You may know me as a fire/fire tanker in PoN... orrr the guy who made subpar raps about our server 😛

Welcome Home ! 

• Thumbs Up 1

This is not the City of Heroes that you remember ,  it is a new game built on what we were forced to leave behind.  Change is going to happen , because Homecoming is not your personal museum to hold your nostalgic torch too.   It has active development and will continue to evolve just like the City of Heroes we knew was changing and evolving and was about to change in massive ways.  

Forum Post count does not = Game Intelligence or Knowledge  it just shows how often people like to talk.