TV Show Themed Bases

Friend of the Marvels here. I'll only echo what Kurbee said. No-one's trying to infringe anything. If the GMs rule the Marvels have to change the name they'll change the name, with regrets but no drama. Hopefully it won't come to that and everyone is cool, like lots of little Fonzies.

17 minutes ago, Kurbee said:

Unfortunately, Marvel is now using that same name for their IPs.  Clearly, we don't want to lose the name, but if the GMs determine it's against TOS, then we'll have to suck it up and accept a new name.

I can empathize, however I think it better to be safe than sorry here and your group should be renamed, no offense meant.  If you all believe that strongly that you should be allowed to use the name, by all means take it up with Disney yourselves.  It is not worth risking the game for everyone else.  That rule was put in place for a reason after all.  

--- I'm rewording this post because it was based on missing content flow ---

I think that this thread is important, and it should not be removed.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

6 hours ago, Dacy said:

I super regret mentioning the copyright issue. Meh.

You shouldn't. It needed to be said.

When people feel bad about protecting things that they love, they are likely to lose the things that they love.

6 hours ago, Dacy said:

It was a caution, it's in the EULA, I gave an example to show how serious they are about it.

This reply isn't directed at you, but more at those that read this thread and are reading this as a discussion.

Caution is good as this covers the protection as mentioned above in another way - protecting the things that someone creates in-game.

People spend time creating bases and characters. Taking time to make sure that they aren't removed or changed because of the necessity of avoiding copyright issues in-game, it's best to let players know not to work to create copyright-infringing content because it could be removed and/or potential cause account removal at the high-end of enforcement (I don't know if Homecoming has ever gone that far).

I can't see a good number of posts in this thread because I have those players on ignore, but I'm assuming they are exhibiting the same kind of behavior that ended them up on my ignore list. 

Basically what I'm saying, you may be getting negative feedback from players that have historically acted with bad behavior as far as I'm concerned.

You may want to contemplate whether what they say is valid or not and/or if use of the ignore function is for you.

7 hours ago, Dacy said:

There are, however, a ton of creative, original bases! I invite you to go exploring and see how amazing our local base building community can be.

3 hours ago, Kurbee said:

As to the original discussion, UltraAlt's suggestion is likely your best bet.  Do what you can to mimic the aesthetics and tone while making it your own and you should be safe from Impervium 🙂

Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.