Show me your "Pools Only" Builds

Spaghetti Betty

29 minutes ago, Falsey said:

Question, can the first 3 powers be used at all?

Yeah. Just can't pick any more from your primary and secondary once power pools are available at level 4.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

On 6/6/2022 at 10:19 PM, Spaghetti Betty said:

Look, I know they're out there. I wanna see how far we can push the notion of "Average Joe". Did you try different ATs? What pools synergized the best with eachother? Maybe one day we can team all of our power pool only toons together to create the ultimate Legion of Suck.

I'll post mine first.

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

pool party: Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Street Justice
Secondary Power Set: Willpower
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Presence
Power Pool: Medicine
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Heavy Blow -- SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(13), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(23), FrcFdb-Rechg%(25)
Level 1: High Pain Tolerance -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(3), UnbGrd-Max HP%(3), UnbGrd-ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(7)
Level 2: Mind Over Body -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), GldArm-3defTpProc(11)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(11)
Level 6: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(50), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(50), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 8: Pacify -- Acc-I(A)
Level 10: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(43), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(43), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(43), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 12: Jump Kick -- KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(A), KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(40), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(42), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(15), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(17)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(19), Rct-Def(19), Rct-Def/EndRdx(21), Rct-Def/Rchg(21)
Level 18: Cross Punch -- HO:Nucle(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(29), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(29), Erd-%Dam(31), ScrDrv-Dam%(31)
Level 20: Intimidate -- Acc-I(A)
Level 22: Invoke Panic -- UnsTrr-Acc/Rchg(A), UnsTrr-EndRdx/Fear(37), UnsTrr-Acc/EndRdx(39), UnsTrr-Fear/Rng(39), UnsTrr-Acc/Fear/Rchg(39)
Level 24: Injection -- IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(A)
Level 26: Aid Self -- IntRdx-I(A), IntRdx-I(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(34), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal(37)
Level 28: Field Medic -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Acrobatics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Spring Attack -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Obl-%Dam(33), ScrDrv-Dam%(33), Erd-%Dam(33)
Level 35: Unrelenting -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(36), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(36), Pnc-Heal(37)
Level 38: Mace Blast -- HO:Nucle(A), GldJvl-Dam%(40), Apc-Dam%(40), ExpStr-Dam%(46)
Level 41: Web Envelope -- Acc-I(A)
Level 44: Disruptor Blast -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(45), Ann-ResDeb%(45), Ann-Acc/Dmg(46), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Focused Accuracy -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Summon Blaster -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury 
Level 1: Sprint -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(25)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(27), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(27)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: High Pain Threshold 
Level 50: Invader 
Level 50: Marshal 
Level 50: Born In Battle 
Level 50: Melee Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface 
------------

This hurt me to make it, but here you go.....

Power Pool Tank - I'm not a Tank, Tank..mxd

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's my take on this idea:  Go with a bio armor/savage melee tanker.  Take hardened carapace as your level 1 power, environmental modification as your level 2 power, (to cover status protection), and the T1 savage melee attack will grant you stacks of blood frenzy, (which you will never consume), for the recharge and end discount bonuses.  I'd then take all of the fighting pool, all of the speed pool, all of medicine, and experimentation, then probably energy mastery for the epic...

EDIT:  Taking all of the presence pool may be a better option than medicine, for this build...

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1

Bit confused on the rules here ?

Level 4 starts the power pools sets
Can you use the attack powers from level 1 and 2 from the primary and secondary actively in your build to fight in game or are they just mules for set bonuses if needed for the build?

Edited by plainguy

On 6/23/2022 at 8:35 AM, JJDrakken said:

Just so you know you need to add attack to your options to get the combat numbers.. Otherwise Stealth gives the impression of defense cap.. 

1 hour ago, plainguy said:

Just so you know you need to add attack to your options to get the combat numbers.. Otherwise Stealth gives the impression of defense cap.. 

What are you talking about? Stealth when not stealth adds +3-5%(depending build).  What are you talking about attacks? I have the 1 attack from Spider.  I think your still confused.

48 minutes ago, JJDrakken said:

What are you talking about? Stealth when not stealth adds +3-5%(depending build).  What are you talking about attacks? I have the 1 attack from Spider.  I think your still confused.

The build is at defense cap pre combat.. But once you engage it drops is what I am saying..  The tic box in options is what I meant.

31 minutes ago, plainguy said:

The build is at defense cap pre combat.. But once you engage it drops is what I am saying..  The tic box in options is what I meant.

So since you don't understand how stealth works and when it's suppressed when your fighting, thus dropping defense down some(Your still getting defense bonus, just not as high). You need to call out a build that fits the criteria of Power Pool only builds?

Not sure what your angling at here.  I can't be responsible if you don't understand how a power works...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, plainguy said:

Bit confused on the rules here ?

Level 4 starts the power pools sets
Can you use the attack powers from level 1 and 2 from the primary and secondary actively in your build to fight in game or are they just mules for set bonuses if needed for the build?

Yes, your powers from levels 1 and 2 are usable. They're mandatory picks, so no reason not to use them. They also pretty much serve as the only real identity a "pools only" toon would have.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Even with restrictions, Tankers are still pretty safe without sacrificing a ton of damage

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

Wall of Suck: Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Shield Defense
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Power Pool: Force of Will
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(3), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(3), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(5), RctArm-ResDam(5), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(7)
Level 1: Contaminated Strike -- SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(7), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(9), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(15)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33)
Level 6: Boxing -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(29), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Mk'Bit-Dam%(36)
Level 8: Weaken Resolve -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(39), ShlBrk-%Dam(39), CldSns-%Dam(40)
Level 10: Project Will -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg(48), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 12: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(21), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(21), GldArm-3defTpProc(23), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(23)
Level 16: Weave -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def(17), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(17), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(19)
Level 18: Cross Punch -- Erd-%Dam(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(50)
Level 20: Unleash Potential -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(36), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(37), NmnCnv-Heal(37)
Level 22: Wall of Force -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Ann-Acc/Dmg(40), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40)
Level 24: Acrobatics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Spring Attack -- ScrDrv-Dam%(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(31), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(31), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(33), FrcFdb-Rechg%(33)
Level 28: Injection -- IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(A), ImpSwf-Dam%(37), CldSns-%Dam(39)
Level 30: Aid Self -- Heal-I(A), Heal-I(42), IntRdx-I(42)
Level 32: Field Medic -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Jump Kick -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(43), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 38: Gloom -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 41: Darkest Night -- DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(42)
Level 44: Dark Obliteration -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(46), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Resuscitate -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Summon Widow -- BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(A), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(15), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(27), Pnc-Heal/+End(27)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(25), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(25)
Level 12: Double Jump 
------------

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, JJDrakken said:

So since you don't understand how stealth works and when it's suppressed when your fighting, thus dropping defense down some(Your still getting defense bonus, just not as high). You need to call out a build that fits the criteria of Power Pool only builds?

Not sure what your angling at here.  I can't be responsible if you don't understand how a power works...

I think I was pretty clear and polite pointing out what I was trying to say.. I pretty surprised you became such a baby about it. It was such an innocuous post on such a silly thread.. 

But you are posting inflated builds with everything turned on.. Which gives a false impression to new players who don't in an attempt to show off some BS build..

I would tell you where to go and how to get there but you are not worth the effort or time..

Edited by plainguy

Off topic, but had to share the way this thread showed up on my screen.

uhm.png.fc581c8040570caf44cb2825adb9c585.png

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• Lead Game Master

Okay fellas, let's keep it friendly.

On one hand, yes, those defense numbers aren't ones you'd see in combat. Unsupressed Stealth is adding about 11% defense. While in Mids, if you go into Options -> Configuration -> Effects & Maths tab, you will see on the right checkboxes with various effects, such as attacking or being attacked. So checking off "hit by foe" will lower Stealth's defense bonus from 11 to 3.85, which is what you'd see while in combat. Therefore, boasting a "50% s/l def" rating is kinda disingenuous.

On the other hand, it's doubtful many people know about that option in Mids, so it would be better to educate people on the specifics, instead of just saying "look in options". Also, that's a program setting, and isn't saved on a per-build basis.

With that out of the way, let's keep sharing builds, hmm? 😃

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

I've been thinking about this a while; not in detail though, just theme-wise. Some streamers have been doing a "Iron Man/Woman" challenge. Could you do something like that with a pools build? 

If so, which build would be your best choice?

What if you could put IO set pieces in pool powers, but only SO's/Commons in primary and secondaries? 

What if you could not place slots in primaries/secondaries if there was a pool power that could be slotted instead?

1 hour ago, Andreah said:

I've been thinking about this a while; not in detail though, just theme-wise. Some streamers have been doing a "Iron Man/Woman" challenge. Could you do something like that with a pools build? 

If so, which build would be your best choice?

I believe with enough patience any build can complete an Iron Man at base difficulty. I'd probably go with the Shield/Rad tank I posted above with some slight power rearranging.

What if you could put IO set pieces in pool powers, but only SO's/Commons in primary and secondaries?

That sounds dreadful but not nearly as bad as...

What if you could not place slots in primaries/secondaries if there was a pool power that could be slotted instead?

This. If I ever feel like torturing myself, I'll consider this.

Edited by Spaghetti Betty
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Andreah said:

Ok, I gave it a shot.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

The Dark Souls of Challenge Builds: Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Shield Defense
Secondary Power Set: Dark Melee
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Deflection -- DefBuff-I(A)
Level 1: Shadow Punch -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- DefBuff-I(A)
Level 4: Boxing -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(7), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(9), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(11), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Weaken Resolve -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(37), ShlBrk-%Dam(37)
Level 10: Injection -- IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(A), ImpSwf-Dam%(39), CldSns-%Dam(39)
Level 12: Jump Kick -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(13), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(13), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(21), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(15), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(17), GldArm-3defTpProc(17), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(19)
Level 16: Aid Self -- Heal-I(A), Heal-I(19), IntRdx-I(21)
Level 18: Acrobatics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 20: Project Will -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(23), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(23), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25), Rct-ResDam%(27)
Level 24: Cross Punch -- ScrDrv-Dam%(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(27), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(29), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(29), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(31)
Level 26: Unleash Potential -- RedFrt-EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(33), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(33), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), RedFrt-Def(34), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 28: Spring Attack -- Mlt-Acc/Dmg(A), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-%Dam(45)
Level 30: Wall of Force -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(39)
Level 32: Super Jump -- Lnch-+Special(A), Lnch-Jump(33)
Level 35: Field Medic -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Resuscitate -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Gloom -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Kick -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46)
Level 47: Dark Obliteration -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Ann-Dmg/Rchg(50), Ann-Acc/Dmg(50)
Level 49: Darkest Night -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(A), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(3), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(3), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(5), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(5), NmnCnv-Heal(7)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(40), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(40), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(40)
Level 32: Double Jump 
------------

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Andreah said:

Some streamers have been doing a "Iron Man/Woman" challenge. Could you do something like that with a pools build? 

I'd lean more towards ranged options than melee especially for a pool build. Softcap or not there are going to be moments where staying in melee is a bad deal. Tanks might have a bag of HP but no reliable mez resist when you look at the overall build progression.

A crab/bane can get pretty comprehensive mez protection with the level 1 pick (I don't count the level 24 freespec into Crab/bane Spider Armor as cheating) and still reach softcap. Plus procced out arctic air does a butt ton of damage, enough to alpha strike fodder. During the early levels single shot's -def can be relevant and that power can be spammed pretty consistently and be used to pull as well.

image.thumb.png.f945077ebd3390e5bf38aa452ba8c8c7.png

Shield is interesting because the 2 def shields come early and provides coverage against all the positions. If I went that route I'd probably go MA/Shield brute to further take advantage of fury at low levels, and also storm kick for the +def boost. Tanks/brutes also have access to arctic air and I highly recommend that pool over all others.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

15 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

Okay fellas, let's keep it friendly.

On one hand, yes, those defense numbers aren't ones you'd see in combat. Unsupressed Stealth is adding about 11% defense. While in Mids, if you go into Options -> Configuration -> Effects & Maths tab, you will see on the right checkboxes with various effects, such as attacking or being attacked. So checking off "hit by foe" will lower Stealth's defense bonus from 11 to 3.85, which is what you'd see while in combat. Therefore, boasting a "50% s/l def" rating is kinda disingenuous.

On the other hand, it's doubtful many people know about that option in Mids, so it would be better to educate people on the specifics, instead of just saying "look in options". Also, that's a program setting, and isn't saved on a per-build basis.

With that out of the way, let's keep sharing builds, hmm? 😃

Cept there was 0, I mean 0 boasting.  I just made a build & put it up.  The other guy decided he had to go nanners on it.  Not once do I or have I claimed, this end all amazaballs etc.. build. It's just a build I posted, nothing more. This is why I stick to my post area, every time I share builds outside of it, I got my "fans" waiting to shit on it or start something.  -shrugs-

Here would be my Pool Guy.

Would pick a scrapper so that I could jam the scrapper ATO sets with the critical bonuses in my one scrapper attack.  Survivability seems like it would be good.  Would pick the Nerve Alpha Incarnate for the Accuracy & Defense Buff. 

My only heartburn would be not taking Hasten - so that everything recharges painfully slow.  But this would certainly be playable.

https://www.midsreborn.com/builds/download.php?uc=1443&c=697&a=1394&f=HEX&dc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

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Sentinel DP/Nin Gun/Sword
Melee defense cap. 39 on Range would try to rework to cap both. Endurance is covered.
Went for Sentinel for the Ninja tool mastery for the sword attacks, which goes with the other melee attacks from Fighting pool and Leaping. Went with Force will for Unleash potential for the Temp full defense cap.  You also have access to 2 AOE placate powers. 

I am sure if I spent more time I could squeeze out both Melee and Range cap.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Dual Pistols
Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Ninja Tool Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dual Wield

• (A) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage
  • (5) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (5) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (7) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (7) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (9) Superior Sentinel's Ward - RechargeTime/Chance for +Absorb

Level 1: Ninja Reflexes

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 2: Empty Clips

• (A) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage
  • (9) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (11) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (11) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (13) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (13) Superior Opportunity Strikes - RechargeTime/Chance for Opportunity

Level 4: Stealth

Level 6: Mighty Leap

• (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 8: Project Will

• (A) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • (15) Gladiator's Javelin - Damage/Recharge

Level 10: Jump Kick

• (A) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
  • (19) Mako's Bite - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (40) Mako's Bite - Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Mako's Bite - Damage/Recharge
  • (17) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (17) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 12: Combat Jumping

• (48) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance

Level 14: Wall of Force

• (A) Explosive Strike - Damage/Knockback
  • (19) Explosive Strike - Accuracy/Knockback
  • (21) Explosive Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (21) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (23) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (23) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 16: Spring Attack

• (A) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage
  • (25) Superior Avalanche - Damage/Endurance
  • (25) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (27) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (27) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (33) Superior Avalanche - Recharge/Chance for Knockdown

Level 18: Boxing

• (33) Mako's Bite - Damage/Endurance
  • (33) Mako's Bite - Damage/Recharge
  • (34) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (34) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (48) Mako's Bite - Chance of Damage(Lethal)

Level 20: Unleash Potential

• (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge

Level 22: Kick

• (A) Touch of Death - Accuracy/Damage
  • (34) Touch of Death - Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Touch of Death - Damage/Recharge
  • (36) Touch of Death - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (37) Touch of Death - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (37) Touch of Death - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 24: Tough

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (37) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 26: Weave

• (48) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 28: Cross Punch

• (A) Cleaving Blow - Accuracy/Damage
  • (29) Cleaving Blow - Damage/Recharge
  • (29) Cleaving Blow - Damage/Endurance
  • (31) Eradication - Chance for Energy Damage
  • (31) Eradication - Damage
  • (31) Eradication - Damage/Recharge

Level 30: Weaken Resolve

• (A) Shield Breaker - Chance for Lethal Damage
  • (46) Shield Breaker - Accuracy/Recharge

Level 32: Grant Invisibility

Level 35: Tashibishi

• (A) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (36) Positron's Blast - Damage/Recharge

Level 38: Sting of the Wasp

• (39) Mako's Bite - Damage/Endurance
  • (39) Mako's Bite - Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Mako's Bite - Chance of Damage(Lethal)

Level 41: Paralyzing Dart

• (A) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (42) Thunderstrike - Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 44: The Lotus Drops

• (A) Eradication - Chance for Energy Damage
  • (45) Eradication - Damage
  • (45) Eradication - Damage/Recharge
  • (45) Cleaving Blow - Accuracy/Damage
  • (46) Cleaving Blow - Damage/Endurance
  • (46) Cleaving Blow - Damage/Recharge

Level 47: Kemuridama

• (A) Siphon Insight - Chance for +ToHit

Level 49: Misdirection

• (A) Mocking Beratement - Threat/Placate/Recharge
  • (50) Mocking Beratement - Threat/Placate

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Opportunity 

Level 1: Sprint

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1404;678;1356;HEX;|
|78DA6594DB4E13511486F7F40052DA42A9056A5B68819EA007EA1398584930D4349|
|A68E281C958A7EDAEE394302DD007F04E6FBCF1460AA8890F604C7C088F772AA8D7|
|C688BE415DDD6B6D2061D2E997FC6BD6DA6BFDB3F794B68AEE6A75E90253BC170DC|
|DB2D46BBAD9E2A66E384B5A8D5758FF1A843B2C75F5AA66D6F47BB9625B33D432B7|
|5A4DC30A1E058B7A55372D3D77859B0DDEB2DACC576E368DDCB2B9C12D7E971BBCD|
|51913CA5273BDA2ABCDAA7A831B865B482BBAB6C6CD9A07E3BC568792B5D0A5355E|
|C91DD5EFD7D5D49266B5F4F5CE24F41583FB4712FE14D16ACFC9DE39182B3898E33|
|DF10372E023F113F2CC67E472EA3859610145888551E44FA8ACC8CACA17CAFC8A74|
|7D23EE23DD07C4EF480FF866A76466A7CA2D58CEC948741ED884D84EA1C9A287C18|
|C5D88DE7964002243B287A12A13E2D87D64B2869CAF234739B1811C87E46139DD30|
|2D97DF476EC2B21E59D9B309A21F2A6F21CF76886FA9D26BE2434C56C6191B91C92|
|3CF70E4C96D6217796E87B88B8CEE211568CB27937D3453946689D22C319A2546B3|
|E469E60D68DB2FDDF2CB37E643DAA07240560EDC0424A1C22DE4EC6DE21DE4DC2A5|
|145DA217942BA35711EFD9FEB2B11D848100CCA609096CDD3467914672C24970D19|
|D868D8243E404E1DDA44A5A95FC4DF480B068AC8812203762166ED482F2C3B2D77D|
|1342DFB02326664C60CBDA1D937C897108CCB5EE2646E82CC4D90B909323749E626|
|C9DCD5346329999CDA4631DD25EE107769D7ED119F2355485EA0B69C0B346D86A6C|
|DD0B41972274BAE64C9A557D0764E0E9A73A3F98FC1D74569FA22C7AD57A823C30E|
|26AF1EFCE0628DB438CDFD13D6EBAD9C8E971DF2B083A408E98FEBF803404FFD3D2|
|1D9D865456C0E5B8CCEE5757C0787A7F3FEB94E7E4B9E6297B627C8FE13BD6EFAF8|
|F8F7FE0309FBDAD4|

11 hours ago, plainguy said:

Sentinel DP/Nin Gun/Sword
Melee defense cap. 39 on Range would try to rework to cap both. Endurance is covered.
Went for Sentinel for the Ninja tool mastery for the sword attacks, which goes with the other melee attacks from Fighting pool and Leaping. Went with Force will for Unleash potential for the Temp full defense cap.  You also have access to 2 AOE placate powers. 

I am sure if I spent more time I could squeeze out both Melee and Range cap.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Dual Pistols
Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Ninja Tool Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dual Wield

• (A) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage
  • (5) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (5) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (7) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (7) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (9) Superior Sentinel's Ward - RechargeTime/Chance for +Absorb

Level 1: Ninja Reflexes

• (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 2: Empty Clips

• (A) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage
  • (9) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (11) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (11) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (13) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (13) Superior Opportunity Strikes - RechargeTime/Chance for Opportunity

Level 4: Stealth

Level 6: Mighty Leap

Level 8: Project Will

• (A) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • (15) Gladiator's Javelin - Damage/Recharge

Level 10: Jump Kick

• (19) Mako's Bite - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (40) Mako's Bite - Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Mako's Bite - Damage/Recharge
  • (17) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (17) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 12: Combat Jumping

• (48) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance

Level 14: Wall of Force

• (A) Explosive Strike - Damage/Knockback
  • (19) Explosive Strike - Accuracy/Knockback
  • (21) Explosive Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (21) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (23) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (23) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 16: Spring Attack

• (A) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage
  • (25) Superior Avalanche - Damage/Endurance
  • (25) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (27) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (27) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (33) Superior Avalanche - Recharge/Chance for Knockdown

Level 18: Boxing

• (33) Mako's Bite - Damage/Endurance
  • (33) Mako's Bite - Damage/Recharge
  • (34) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (34) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (48) Mako's Bite - Chance of Damage(Lethal)

Level 20: Unleash Potential

• (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge

Level 22: Kick

• (A) Touch of Death - Accuracy/Damage
  • (34) Touch of Death - Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Touch of Death - Damage/Recharge
  • (36) Touch of Death - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (37) Touch of Death - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (37) Touch of Death - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 24: Tough

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (37) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 26: Weave

• (48) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 28: Cross Punch

• (A) Cleaving Blow - Accuracy/Damage
  • (29) Cleaving Blow - Damage/Recharge
  • (29) Cleaving Blow - Damage/Endurance
  • (31) Eradication - Chance for Energy Damage
  • (31) Eradication - Damage
  • (31) Eradication - Damage/Recharge

Level 30: Weaken Resolve

• (A) Shield Breaker - Chance for Lethal Damage
  • (46) Shield Breaker - Accuracy/Recharge

Level 32: Grant Invisibility

Level 35: Tashibishi

• (A) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (36) Positron's Blast - Damage/Recharge

Level 38: Sting of the Wasp

• (39) Mako's Bite - Damage/Endurance
  • (39) Mako's Bite - Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Mako's Bite - Chance of Damage(Lethal)

Level 41: Paralyzing Dart

• (A) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (42) Thunderstrike - Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 44: The Lotus Drops

• (A) Eradication - Chance for Energy Damage
  • (45) Eradication - Damage
  • (45) Eradication - Damage/Recharge
  • (45) Cleaving Blow - Accuracy/Damage
  • (46) Cleaving Blow - Damage/Endurance
  • (46) Cleaving Blow - Damage/Recharge

Level 47: Kemuridama

• (A) Siphon Insight - Chance for +ToHit

Level 49: Misdirection

• (A) Mocking Beratement - Threat/Placate/Recharge
  • (50) Mocking Beratement - Threat/Placate

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Opportunity 

Level 1: Sprint

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|MxDz;1404;678;1356;HEX;|
|78DA6594DB4E13511486F7F40052DA42A9056A5B68819EA007EA1398584930D4349|
|A68E281C958A7EDAEE394302DD007F04E6FBCF1460AA8890F604C7C088F772AA8D7|
|C688BE415DDD6B6D2061D2E997FC6BD6DA6BFDB3F794B68AEE6A75E90253BC170DC|
|DB2D46BBAD9E2A66E384B5A8D5758FF1A843B2C75F5AA66D6F47BB9625B33D432B7|
|5A4DC30A1E058B7A55372D3D77859B0DDEB2DACC576E368DDCB2B9C12D7E971BBCD|
|51913CA5273BDA2ABCDAA7A831B865B482BBAB6C6CD9A07E3BC568792B5D0A5355E|
|C91DD5EFD7D5D49266B5F4F5CE24F41583FB4712FE14D16ACFC9DE39182B3898E33|
|DF10372E023F113F2CC67E472EA3859610145888551E44FA8ACC8CACA17CAFC8A74|
|7D23EE23DD07C4EF480FF866A76466A7CA2D58CEC948741ED884D84EA1C9A287C18|
|C5D88DE7964002243B287A12A13E2D87D64B2869CAF234739B1811C87E46139DD30|
|2D97DF476EC2B21E59D9B309A21F2A6F21CF76886FA9D26BE2434C56C6191B91C92|
|3CF70E4C96D6217796E87B88B8CEE211568CB27937D3453946689D22C319A2546B3|
|E469E60D68DB2FDDF2CB37E643DAA07240560EDC0424A1C22DE4EC6DE21DE4DC2A5|
|145DA217942BA35711EFD9FEB2B11D848100CCA609096CDD3467914672C24970D19|
|D868D8243E404E1DDA44A5A95FC4DF480B068AC8812203762166ED482F2C3B2D77D|
|1342DFB02326664C60CBDA1D937C897108CCB5EE2646E82CC4D90B909323749E626|
|C9DCD5346329999CDA4631DD25EE107769D7ED119F2355485EA0B69C0B346D86A6C|
|DD0B41972274BAE64C9A557D0764E0E9A73A3F98FC1D74569FA22C7AD57A823C30E|
|26AF1EFCE0628DB438CDFD13D6EBAD9C8E971DF2B083A408E98FEBF803404FFD3D2|
|1D9D865456C0E5B8CCEE5757C0787A7F3FEB94E7E4B9E6297B627C8FE13BD6EFAF8|
|F8F7FE0309FBDAD4|

It's a little low on the AoE def but I feel like the NRG def makes up for it. Pretty cool considering you skipped the potential second armor for Empty Clips. There's enough damage here that missing the little bit of extra def might not be that much of a detriment with some good tactics. And the 2 placates and Unleash Potential would definitely come in handy.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

It's a little low on the AoE def but I feel like the NRG def makes up for it. Pretty cool considering you skipped the potential second armor for Empty Clips. There's enough damage here that missing the little bit of extra def might not be that much of a detriment with some good tactics. And the 2 placates and Unleash Potential would definitely come in handy.

Shield Defense seems to be the Defense cap winner for these types of builds. 

I play a lot of Petless Masterminds so I am used to gimping myself with the addition of the  high endurance cost Masterminds come with on top for extra punishment. 

But I know having smash and lethal capped sort of helps out as most attacks have this component so its all or nothing due to game mechanics.