Origin Quest 2022-?

UltraAlt

On 10/17/2022 at 5:07 PM, UltraAlt said:

interesting. For some reason, I thought Peacebringers and Warshades had set origins.

I went to the test server and made one because it seemed so weird to me.

I was able to make a magic one. 

The whole Origin system is kind of thrown out to some extent. 

Regardless of your character's origin, you can pick any of the origin contacts through the contact menu.

Of course, all Peacebringers and Warshades start out with their own Kheldian contact and are not required to pick any of the origin contacts.

PBs used to be locked to Natural and WSs were locked to Science, I believe. VEATs were also similarly locked to Natural. AFAIK it stayed that way on Live.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

On 10/14/2022 at 10:39 AM, Frostbiter said:

Last time I ran this the Wasting Disease had been nerfed into the sniffles. I checked the debuff and didn't see anything like what the Wiki states. On Live it was definitely a massive hinderance compared to what it is now.

I'm virtually certain the story arc used to be longer too. I'm pretty sure I had to suck up Vahzilok Plague with flies buzzing around my character and a massive Recovery debuff for like 4-5 missions, some of them fairly long. 

On 6/15/2022 at 5:11 AM, Snarky said:

I ran one too. Through all content that could not be done after you level past it.  (All 1-35, a lot of 35-40, 40-44) on one character.  Tracking the Blueside contacts was one small nightmare.  Stopping experience and truly assuring you have done all content before starting again was another

I found redside more annoying for the process because I keep forgetting about the secret contacts that are unlocked by completing certain content and getting specific badges.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, MTeague said:

'm virtually certain the story arc used to be longer too. I'm pretty sure I had to suck up Vahzilok Plague with flies buzzing around my character and a massive Recovery debuff for like 4-5 missions, some of them fairly long. 

If I remember correctly, the first time that one of my characters came down the Vahzilok disease (before the sunset), I had to /respec in order to recover from it ... and that meant running the Terra Volta taskforce while still affected by the Vashzilok disease. It was crazy rough, but luckily, I had decent teammates on the taskforce.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Mutation :: At Level 16, headed into the mission to defeat Dr Vazh and stop his plague. Character leveled up to 17 almost immediately once in the mission. Dr Vazh was Orange and very quickly defeated as an EB. 

I have heard some people having issues completing this. I haven't. I think it is a matter finding all of the glowies as you go.

Yet the arc continues?! The Vazh are still prowling the streets looking for bodies.

City of Heroes Screenshot 2022.11.22 - 22.05.02.61.jpg

Magic :: At level 16, headed to fight the Tsoo's Dr Po, stop his smuggling of bronze statues to the Outcast, and leveled up to 17 during the mission. Connected mission, opened automatically upon completion, lead to battle Tsoo boss Dr Shin. Dr Shin was busy distilling the Rage drug that the Tsoo had been selling to poison the Trolls. Merits gained, but another mission ... time to defeat Storm Strider and get some weapons. Another Tsoo boss.

Then sent to track down Circle of Thorn in Boomtown and Faultline, but I couldn't find any. Checked https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Boomtown and https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Faultline for villain groups in those areas. Yeah, Circle of Thorns are not listed as villain groups in either area.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Thumbs Up 1

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Updated the starting post for 4 of the 5 "level 20-24" Origin contacts

• 3 weeks later

The Origin Project has pretty much been on slow burn.

I think part of this was due to jumping around from character to character to try to level them up at about the same rate, so I'm going to make a change form that.

I'm going to focus on one origin until it reaches the next contact level.

The completion of arcs will take longer at this point on just based on the way that mission lengths increase as a character levels up.

I also think that I will enjoy doing the arcs more if they remain fresh in my mind as the entirety of the contact level sets are completed.

• UltraAlt changed the title to Origin Quest 2022-?
  • 1 month later

So here I am with my level 28 character talking to Laura Brunetti (level 25-29 Magic contact) who sends me on a mission to street fight ...

".... The Banished Pantheon are a plague on the city, and Dark Astoria is one of the places they've hit hardest. Be careful, and take the fight back to them."

Okay, so maybe there are some Banished Pantheon that I could possibly fight in Dark Astoria ... I mean she's sending me there. 

So I go and and look around, and .... level 51. Okay?!

And per the Paragon Wiki says Dark Astoria is a Co-op Hazard Zone (50-54).

Doesn't seem that's going to be likely. I guess I'll have to hunt them down elsewhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later

Yep.

That's a level 24 boss with two purple minions standing by my level 20 mutation contact.

Really? oh, yes. I went back to take this screen shot. It was a level 23 boss previously!

City of Heroes Screenshot 2023.08.02 - 11.22.55.16.jpg

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Haha 1