Suggestions You've Suggested!

Here's a different one for the forum goers out there - whether you've played Homecoming for a day or for years, I'm sure everyone has had ideas, feedback, and suggestions for how to make this game or the community itself better. Sometimes players have something they want the community to discuss, sometimes its a please and thank you, other times its a head scratcher (you know what I mean!). What are some of the ideas, feedback, or suggestions that you have had in the past?

I'll go first -

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7892a4e493ec7ed86b61865102d2c470.png

A couple of these ideas were stinkers, I'll admit. The first suggestion I posted was borne out of my misunderstanding of how the special Zombie Apocalypse event worked. The next one was a great discussion among the forum goers about changing some zones that I thought weren't utilized much in to PvP zones - lots of heated, but respectful discussion and a realization that I was advocating for a solution that wouldn't have addressed my underling concern. The next one related to me wanting to enjoy a unique mission map without getting booted from the Trial after the time limit was reached (I'd chalk that one up to my own nostalgia!). Another was related to a nagging side effect of the risk versus reward table - that being that an enemy NPC won't grant any XP or Inf it does not attack. The Nemesis Mole Machine in particular, even when the NPC dialog says so in the mission, does not grant any reward. Last two I recently suggested had to do with adding a number on top of the annual Winter Event badge to distinguish them (the two current badges share the same badge art) and the other was what I thought was a rationale idea - make PvP Day Jobs work in PvP. 

So, what about the rest of you? Any good ideas that got picked up by the Homecoming Team? Any stinkers? Any you wish you could talk about more? Let's hear it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Super Strength is arguably the most prevalent power in comics/superhero canon. In this game we are saddled with one that is completely balanced around rage.  Which, and maybe somebody did not notice this because( sarcastic comment removed), the vast majority of Super Strength users in comics/super hero world do not have Rage issues.  Some do.  Some.  Not all.  

FIX IT

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Super Strength is arguably the most prevalent power in comics/superhero canon. In this game we are saddled with one that is completely balanced around rage.  Which, and maybe somebody did not notice this because( sarcastic comment removed), the vast majority of Super Strength users in comics/super hero world do not have Rage issues.  Some do.  Some.  Not all.  

FIX IT

I like that - what would your solution be?

I'd propose;

• changing the name of the current set to RAGE and tweak it so Rage is a more prominent feature, so the set has a good damage boost for brief periods.
  • Then add another set called Super Strength that has lower, but more reliable damage.

Alternatively, there could be a whole suite of new strength sets to really add some variety to the concept, since there are so many strong comicbook heroes - or this variety could be added as part of the power cusomisation. 

• Like 4

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

5 minutes ago, Herotu said:

Alternatively, there could be a whole suite of new strength sets to really add some variety to the concept,

... have to admit my brain went to seeing "Superstrength/WP Brute LFT!" "Fair-to-middlin-strength/bio LFT!" "Noodlyarms/SR...."

;)

(Also, looks like I've started about 73 topics there, ranging from serious to smartass...)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Allow the black bars to fill top and bottom of the cut screen movies and not hardcode for 3000(?) pixels.  Screens have grown. 

all my other ideas are stinkers. 

• Like 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

1 hour ago, Herotu said:

I like that - what would your solution be?

I'd propose;

This is about as simple to solve as it gets

Rage boosts damage for two minutes with 10 second down time and and an end crash

Make it a toggle with the same effective end cost ( by averaging) and average the damage (almost same but slightly less to account for crash downtime)

pretty much anyone who disagrees with this simple solution is a cry baby pvper who wants to double stack it. 

Edited by Snarky
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

New powersets for Dominators, especially primary. Suggestions: Illusion Control, Wind Control, Water Control (these two were in the makings and can be used also for Controllers). Revamp of Martial Combat for Dominators, make it more about Martial arts and less shuriken throw (nothing wrong in being more melee oriented, like earth)

Melee sets for Defenders (maybe a new class, cross between defender and corruptor with melee sets).

Ability to set in auto more than one power, maybe one per bar.

These are the ones I can remember

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!

So many VEAT suggestions. Too many to summarize.

Most power tweaks like Bane ranged attacks and Widow endurance usage.

One that was popular was that certain story arcs should be a Weekly Strike Target.

The two that unlock Hess and Hannon TF should be the WST the week before the TF was the WST.

• Like 2

I suggested panda roll as a travel power.

That should priority #1 and many pandas agree.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

13 hours ago, Snarky said:

FIX IT

But we do have Martial Arts (including alternate animations), Energy Melee, Electric Melee, and Street Justice that could be to represent a being with super strength.  Even Mace, Titan Weapons, Broadsword and Axe could be weapons wielded by beings with super strength.  I don't see why people get caught up on the name of the set.  Is it just that you want to use foot stomp without being angry?

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Well, I remember when the Devs here were asking for suggestions for new badge names when they wanted to put 8 explore badges in each PvP zone. I think 2 or 3 of my suggestions got picked, so I was pretty happy about that 😃

And whenever it comes up, I've always advocated for Containment to be extended to Confuse and Fear. That hasn't happened though =(

• Like 1

Raise the minimum level for the Rikti mothership raid back to level 35. - The instanced Rikti mothership raid was added to the game, which does just this.

Raise the minimum level for the Lady Grey TF back to level 45+. - Done in Page Two.

Make Corruptors the best debuffing AT in the game. - ?

Add knockback resistance to Electric Armor's Grounded. - Told that it was "not thematic."

Increase the immobilization protection in Electric Armor's Grounded. - ?

Cathedral of Pain Trial reward buffs should also affect Mastermind henchmen. - ?

Add the "Unabashed" badge to the instanced Rikti mothership raid. - Done in Page Two.

Require having two level 50 characters on an account in order to gain XP in AE missions. - ?

Remove Calvin Scott as the point of contact for the Resistance in Praetoria. - ?

Add Praetorian signature summons for the signature summon temporary powers. - ?

Proliferate Darkness Affinity to Defenders, Corruptors, and Masterminds. - "Not happening."

Enable access to "the Matrix room" in Port Oakes. - ?

Add a support power set for Defenders, Controllers, Corruptors, and Masterminds that uses dual pistols. - ?

Buff Force Field by turning most of its +defense to +absorb. - ?

Add some sort of Strike and Task Force tutorial to the game. - ?

Increase the reward merits for the Barracuda SF. - ?

Grant all ATs the Power of Black Scorpion for the Barracuda SF. - Done in Page Two.

New Giant Monster for St. Martial. - ?

Add a way to combine dual inspirations, like regular inspirations. - ?

Ability to form co-op teams in supergroup bases. - "Not possible."

Put Back Alley Brawler back in Echo: Galaxy City. - ?

New Rogue Vanguard co-op SF. - ? (although we do fight Vanguard in the Dr. Aeon SF)

Give Mastermind henchmen Super Speed. - ?

Let Essence of the Earth and Ambrosia inspirations affect Mastermind henchmen. - Done in Page Two

Double the INF and reward merits for red side content. - ?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Snarky said:

FIX IT

I’ll start us off: No. 

🙂

• Thumbs Down 1

I suggested the thumbtack command, which was implemented not long after. However, while I did come up with the idea independently, after the fact I discovered I was not the first to do so, as similar ideas had been previously submitted by two other posters.

Also, I'm quite curious how the OP was able to filter the threads to include only the ones they started. My efforts to that end were in vain.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
clarification
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Snarky said:

This is about as simple to solve as it gets

Rage boosts damage for two minutes with 10 second down time and and an end crash

Make it a toggle with the same effective end cost ( by averaging) and average the damage (almost same but slightly less to account for crash downtime)

pretty much anyone who disagrees with this simple solution is a cry baby pvper who wants to double stack it. 

I've got a simpler one:  replace Rage with Build Up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Who run Bartertown?

Btw: Rage damage effects averaged over time:

80% damage for 120 seconds

-9990% damage for 10 seconds

New effect on Snarky’s toggle: 

Toggle -695% damage

I mean, if that’s what you want, make Snarky his alternative set I guess. 

• Haha 1

I can't recall if I re-submitted this to the Homecoming team,  but back on live I suggested retooling some areas of the zones to look a bit more like northeast USA big cities.  The brutalism is unrelenting in some zones.  Specifically I suggested adding ethnic neighborhoods, basically redressing what's already there with decor one would find in such a district.  The first to come to mind was a "Little Asia" neighborhood where the Tsoo liked to hang out (which at the time of the original suggestion was Skyway.  There's been some gang shifting since then).  But there's other possibilities:  Little Italy near the Family in Independence Port (which might liven up the west side), a Greek neighborhood near the Warriors in Talos, a deserted Balkan-themed neighborhood in Perez Park near the Skulls (leaders, the Petrovics are Serbian, if I recall correctly).  Lots of others not necessarily associated with a gang:  Little Bohemia/Czech Village, Little Russia, Hispanic District, etc.  Not every such neighborhood would have to be functioning, either.  Some may be deserted and half-turned to rubble in zones like Eden or Boomtown.

This concept could also apply to non-ethnic neighborhoods, such as an artist's colony in a low-rent area such as Kings Row.

Expanding on the concept would allow for mission givers with missions tied to the neighborhood.

• Like 3

My suggestions:

Option to always decline teleports

This was a fairly recent suggestion and I really hope it gets some consideration.

Get rid of hunts

To be honest I probably rage posted this after a session full of inane hunts.  While I personally would like this it's not high on my priority list at all.

Request for a middle tier "currency" for Empyreans

This one I would really like.  I groan more than a little when I "retire" a character and see something like 23 Empyreans that I'd like to move to my Emp bank.  Purely QoL.

A Notes field on the character selection screen

I would still like this but by now I've grown accustomed to work-arounds using my spreadsheet.

Change the KB proc in Stupefy to KD

This got some pushback which is too bad.  I really like the bonuses from Stupefy and I'd use it fairly frequently but random kb, especially for a control set's aoe stun, is unacceptable (for me).

Request for targetted AOE preview

Would be nice but eh, I've gotten used to a cone targetting strategy that I'd probably still adhere to even with a target preview. 

Some real talk about Ghost of Scrapyard
I do believe I help effect some change here.  Some GMs commented and shortly after Scrappy's spawn method was altered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

But we do have Martial Arts (including alternate animations), Energy Melee, Electric Melee, and Street Justice that could be to represent a being with super strength.  Even Mace, Titan Weapons, Broadsword and Axe could be weapons wielded by beings with super strength.  I don't see why people get caught up on the name of the set.  Is it just that you want to use foot stomp without being angry?

You can use titan weapons or an energy blaster and call it super Strength.   But it is not super strength