Suggestions You've Suggested!

1 minute ago, Snarky said:

You can use titan weapons or an energy blaster and call it super Strength.   But it is not super strength 

Do you analyze all power names and powerset names with this degree of literalism? Now I’m wondering what other names could be problematic to such a rigid imagination.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

So many VEAT suggestions. Too many to summarize.

Honestly, I would make no more comments about reverting certain changes ever again if they gave fortunatas the option to use energy melee glowy hands instead of fortunata knife hands. I am placated by shiny things. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

2 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Also, I'm quite curious how the OP was able to filter the threads to include only the ones they started. My efforts to that end were in vain.

Go to the suggestion forum then hit the 'sort by' button then 'custom' then choose 'filter' and hit topics i started.

Edited by TheZag
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ive had several suggestions but my favorite was my mothership raid expansion

I dont expect it to happen but i still think it would be cool to raid the inside of the mothership during some of that huge amount of time spent topside.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

But we do have Martial Arts (including alternate animations), Energy Melee, Electric Melee, and Street Justice that could be to represent a being with super strength.  Even Mace, Titan Weapons, Broadsword and Axe could be weapons wielded by beings with super strength.  I don't see why people get caught up on the name of the set.  Is it just that you want to use foot stomp without being angry?

Take Off does something similar from Mighty Leap. So that you're not always angry, at least that could be an explanation. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

3 hours ago, Apparition said:

Raise the minimum level for the Rikti mothership raid back to level 35. - The instanced Rikti mothership raid was added to the game, which does just this.

Raise the minimum level for the Lady Grey TF back to level 45+. - Done in Page Two.

Make Corruptors the best debuffing AT in the game. - ?

Add knockback resistance to Electric Armor's Grounded. - Told that it was "not thematic."

Increase the immobilization protection in Electric Armor's Grounded. - ?

Cathedral of Pain Trial reward buffs should also affect Mastermind henchmen. - ?

Add the "Unabashed" badge to the instanced Rikti mothership raid. - Done in Page Two.

Require having two level 50 characters on an account in order to gain XP in AE missions. - ?

Remove Calvin Scott as the point of contact for the Resistance in Praetoria. - ?

Add Praetorian signature summons for the signature summon temporary powers. - ?

Proliferate Darkness Affinity to Defenders, Corruptors, and Masterminds. - "Not happening."

Enable access to "the Matrix room" in Port Oakes. - ?

Add a support power set for Defenders, Controllers, Corruptors, and Masterminds that uses dual pistols. - ?

Buff Force Field by turning most of its +defense to +absorb. - ?

Add some sort of Strike and Task Force tutorial to the game. - ?

Increase the reward merits for the Barracuda SF. - ?

Grant all ATs the Power of Black Scorpion for the Barracuda SF. - Done in Page Two.

New Giant Monster for St. Martial. - ?

Add a way to combine dual inspirations, like regular inspirations. - ?

Ability to form co-op teams in supergroup bases. - "Not possible."

Put Back Alley Brawler back in Echo: Galaxy City. - ?

New Rogue Vanguard co-op SF. - ? (although we do fight Vanguard in the Dr. Aeon SF)

Give Mastermind henchmen Super Speed. - ?

Let Essence of the Earth and Ambrosia inspirations affect Mastermind henchmen. - Done in Page Two

Double the INF and reward merits for red side content. - ?

Hey those are good odds! You've had a couple implemented. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

2 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I suggested the thumbtack command, which was implemented not long after. However, while I did come up with the idea independently, after the fact I discovered I was not the first to do so, as similar ideas had been previously submitted by two other posters.

Also, I'm quite curious how the OP was able to filter the threads to include only the ones they started. My efforts to that end were in vain.

So I went to the Suggestions and Feedback Thread, then used the 'Sort' function and specified content I started. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

2 hours ago, Techwright said:

I can't recall if I re-submitted this to the Homecoming team,  but back on live I suggested retooling some areas of the zones to look a bit more like northeast USA big cities.  The brutalism is unrelenting in some zones.  Specifically I suggested adding ethnic neighborhoods, basically redressing what's already there with decor one would find in such a district.  The first to come to mind was a "Little Asia" neighborhood where the Tsoo liked to hang out (which at the time of the original suggestion was Skyway.  There's been some gang shifting since then).  But there's other possibilities:  Little Italy near the Family in Independence Port (which might liven up the west side), a Greek neighborhood near the Warriors in Talos, a deserted Balkan-themed neighborhood in Perez Park near the Skulls (leaders, the Petrovics are Serbian, if I recall correctly).  Lots of others not necessarily associated with a gang:  Little Bohemia/Czech Village, Little Russia, Hispanic District, etc.  Not every such neighborhood would have to be functioning, either.  Some may be deserted and half-turned to rubble in zones like Eden or Boomtown.

This concept could also apply to non-ethnic neighborhoods, such as an artist's colony in a low-rent area such as Kings Row.

Expanding on the concept would allow for mission givers with missions tied to the neighborhood.

Solid ideas, but Paragon's city planners don't have a good track record for zoning 😆 

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

3 hours ago, arcane said:

Do you analyze all power names and powerset names with this degree of literalism? Now I’m wondering what other names could be problematic to such a rigid imagination.

What power set looks like super strength.  The closest i have seen suggested is Street Justice.  Which is 1) a crap set 2) looks like martial arts.   Crappy derivative slum martial arts, but martial arts

I am talking about a set that I could use for a character similar to The Tick, perhaps the greatest super ever.  Not a Street Justice user.  Or an energy melee.  Knockout Blow.  Haymaker.  Jab.  Picking up a slab of pavement and hurling it at a Mu Striker.  THAT is Super Strength.  

Also, the crack about lack of imagination was unnecessary and just a dick move.  I am comfortable in my musical, 2D art, and writing skills.   Evidently you are either a creative genius that could give Picasso a run for his money or incredibly small minded

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

What power set looks like super strength.  The closest i have seen suggested is Street Justice.  Which is 1) a crap set 2) looks like martial arts.   Crappy derivative slum martial arts, but martial arts

I am talking about a set that I could use for a character similar to The Tick, perhaps the greatest super ever.  Not a Street Justice user.  Or an energy melee.  Knockout Blow.  Haymaker.  Jab.  Picking up a slab of pavement and hurling it at a Mu Striker.  THAT is Super Strength.  

Also, the crack about lack of imagination was unnecessary and just a dick move.  I am comfortable in my musical, 2D art, and writing skills.   Evidently you are either a creative genius that could give Picasso a run for his money or incredibly small minded

Right but your problem with the powerset is literally that a power is named “Rage”. Isn’t that about as [not] meaningful to gameplay, as, say, if a Katana user were to claim their light damage attack unfairly ties their character concept to the stigma of gambling addiction?

The only thing that ties Super Strength to anger is the word “Rage”. Seems silly to let the name of a power keep you from playing a powerset.

34 minutes ago, arcane said:

Right but your problem with the powerset is literally that a power is named “Rage”. Isn’t that about as [not] meaningful to gameplay, as, say, if a Katana user were to claim their light damage attack unfairly ties their character concept to the stigma of gambling addiction?

The only thing that ties Super Strength to anger is the word “Rage”. Seems silly to let the name of a power keep you from playing a powerset.

In all seriousness, you are wrong.  I have run many, many Super Strength characters.  It is not just the word.  It is the manic depressive cycle of the set.  THe most accurate description I have for a character running SS is a low level thug who took up weightlifting.  Then started taking steroids.  Then graduated to street drugs.  Then Superadyne and Excelsior, sometimes mixed with magical; powders available from people in Port Oakes.  The dude has Rage issues.  The power set perfectly describes his condition.  Insane strength.  Followed by pitiful weakness.  

It is not just a word.  The power set was built to perfectly describe a manic depressive anger cycle.  Ignoring that does not make you more creative.  It makes you obtuse.

5 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Solid ideas, but Paragon's city planners don't have a good track record for zoning 😆 

Which is why I'd now like to suggest destructible walls.  😉

Let's see...some other suggestions I'd suggested:

1. A visual in the character load screen to immediately tell me which 50s have unlocked which Incarnate slots so far.  Helps with knowing what to work on next, or which character to run with if certain conditions are needed like level 2 or 3.  The visual I used:

image.png.950bb1404749fbb6be7849b343eaa0b4.png

2. Adding descriptions to the P2W vendor's wares.  At the time I was hoping for descriptions that would clarify the differences between choices Renewal of Light and Return To Battle, though comments in the thread suggested expanding descriptions for other wares as well.

3. Tagging with an overhead marker or other visible sign the designated guide that a rescuee has latched on to.  It should help in the confusion of battle or caves to know who needs to lead them out, or to whom they've latched on to if they drop connection to another player.

4. Making Giant Monsters immune from police drones.  No kill steals from the NPCs!

• Like 2

As a lover of MM's, it would be amazing if it were possible in the spaghetti code to make it so that when you join a team that is either higher or lower in level than you, that you only have to hit accept once, and then you remain at that level until either a new leader is assigned or you quit the team, instead of the current process where every time you zone, you shift back to your current level until you hit accept again. While a minor annoyance for other AT's, it has the added hindrance on MM's of either making our henchmen instantly die (exemping) or revert back down to your level (sidekicking), meaning every time you exit a mish, you have to dismiss them and then resummon and buff them upon entering a mish. This does not happen on a TF/SF, which I imagine has a lot to do with the fact that those have a level hardcap. So not sure this one is possible, but is one those "this would be so nice" kind of things.

I know it's been said lots, but a bio editor that actually works and isn't such a pain to edit in.

I had something else in mind, but then it whooshed right out of my head... >_<

• Like 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

@TygerDarkstorm - that one's already in-game!  Options > General > Team Options > Auto-accept level changes above/below by... <slider>.  It's rarely an issue, but sometimes... let's just say I don't accept blind invites anymore when fighting Malta in PI.  Oh, and if you remember that forgotten topic, start a thread!  More ideas are always welcome, even if the devs can't (or won't) implement all of them!

I've only started 4 threads in the suggestion forum. No luck yet on implementation, but a girl can dream, right?

4 build slots - seemed to be (mostly) well received, will hopefully get implemented someday...

Orange Inspirations - I still think those things need a (substantial) buff to be competitive with purples

Flashback to Tip Missions - Bit of an edge case, wanting to flashback to see minor lore instead of leveling a new character. Would still be nice to have though...

Side Ears - Probably not going to happen, since it requires re-doing meshes, but it'd be nice to have more than the 3-ish human-ear-hiding hairstyles to choose from. @Tailcoat put it better, her thread's here.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Snarky said:

In all seriousness, you are wrong.  I have run many, many Super Strength characters.  It is not just the word.  It is the manic depressive cycle of the set.  THe most accurate description I have for a character running SS is a low level thug who took up weightlifting.  Then started taking steroids.  Then graduated to street drugs.  Then Superadyne and Excelsior, sometimes mixed with magical; powders available from people in Port Oakes.  The dude has Rage issues.  The power set perfectly describes his condition.  Insane strength.  Followed by pitiful weakness.  

It is not just a word.  The power set was built to perfectly describe a manic depressive anger cycle.  Ignoring that does not make you more creative.  It makes you obtuse.

Lots of powersets have crashes that have nothing to do with the concept of rage. So, no, nothing inherently angry about the powerset besides the 4 letter word. You just need to decouple crashes and these imaginary RP rage issues in your mind and you’ll be fine. Otherwise we have lots of other sets.

On 6/9/2022 at 12:51 AM, Akisan said:

@TygerDarkstorm - that one's already in-game!  Options > General > Team Options > Auto-accept level changes above/below by... <slider>.  It's rarely an issue, but sometimes... let's just say I don't accept blind invites anymore when fighting Malta in PI.  Oh, and if you remember that forgotten topic, start a thread!  More ideas are always welcome, even if the devs can't (or won't) implement all of them!

I've only started 4 threads in the suggestion forum. No luck yet on implementation, but a girl can dream, right?

4 build slots - seemed to be (mostly) well received, will hopefully get implemented someday...

Orange Inspirations - I still think those things need a (substantial) buff to be competitive with purples

Flashback to Tip Missions - Bit of an edge case, wanting to flashback to see minor lore instead of leveling a new character. Would still be nice to have though...

Side Ears - Probably not going to happen, since it requires re-doing meshes, but it'd be nice to have more than the 3-ish human-ear-hiding hairstyles to choose from. @Tailcoat put it better, her thread's here.

Omg I feel really stupid right now! 😅 I will have to implement this on my MM's and see if it stops the issue with the henchmen not staying at the team's level. Thank you!

Edit: Yep, I am an idiot. The existing in-game control functions absolutely solve this issue for sidekicking/exemping. 

Edited by TygerDarkstorm

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

None of this is new ground....

1.  Would love to see a purple enhancement set for fear powers.  Something like a "contagious fear" proc would be wonderful.

2.  Would love to see completely ignored pool powers like Jump Kick, Misdirection, Flurry and such re-vamped to be more interesting and worthwhile.  I really like how the fighting pool was re-worked to make Cross Punch more powerful the more invested you are in the fighting pool.  That seems like a great approach for pool powers.

3.  Allow Sentinels to hit more targets.

4.  A Clown Mastermind set.  If this ever happened *everyone* would roll a clown mastermind and Paragon City would be overrun with malicious clowns.  That would be glorious.

5.  It would be cool to see more incarnate powers even if they were not especially impactful.  Like a bunch of weird self-ressurect options.  Maybe gate them behind very high vet levels.  Obviously our characters don't need to be even more powerful but it is always fun to have something to work toward.

6.  For Snarky - a Super Strength Yoga Power Set where you get more powerful by being calm and introspective.  😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arcane said:

Lots of powersets have crashes that have nothing to do with the concept of rage. So, no, nothing inherently angry about the powerset besides the 4 letter word. You just need to decouple crashes and these imaginary RP rage issues in your mind and you’ll be fine. Otherwise we have lots of other sets.

The T9 crashes? Easily avoided by not taking those powers as the other powers in the set embody the theme of the set. But in the case of Super Strength, if you do not use Rage, you are dealing subpar damage compared to every other set in the game--the exact opposite of being super strong.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arcane said:

one of my more creative solutions was my original toon on live.  Orange Centurion on Liberty and later Freedom.  A SS/Invul tech Brute.  A robot.  No Rage issues.  The concept worked (for me) because I justified the crash as the robot overloading his circuits for almost two minutes of extra power.  Then needing to divert power to cooling systems and get everything stabilized again.

But no matter if you consider that creative or absolute dreck there needs to be something to explain RP wise why your character has this power crash every two minutes.  unless you just do not care because you have nothing in your mind.  in that case zen on and get away from me.  I care about the character concepts, costumes, and power sets i generate.

30 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

The T9 crashes? Easily avoided by not taking those powers as the other powers in the set embody the theme of the set. But in the case of Super Strength, if you do not use Rage, you are dealing subpar damage compared to every other set in the game--the exact opposite of being super strong.

Dunno, I can’t imagine circumstances in which I’d skip Meltdown or perma-Light Form.

24 minutes ago, Snarky said:

there needs to be something to explain RP wise why your character has this power crash every two minutes. 

Need is a strong word. Anyway now this has devolved into being strictly an RP problem I’m done 🙂 

Edited by arcane

6 minutes ago, arcane said:

Dunno, I can’t imagine circumstances in which I’d skip Meltdown or perma-Light Form.

Meltdown yanks 10% of your endurance after 60s. That is not a crash. What Power Surge has, -100% endurance after 180s, is.

And yes, Power Surge gets skipped by plentty of people.

10 minutes ago, arcane said:

Need is a strong word. Anyway now this has devolved into being strictly an RP problem I’m done 🙂 

We are creating superpower characters in a comic universe.   You thought there was some real world mechanical engineering being done?