If you could customize your Mastermind minions, what would you make?

Magi 1

I think pet customization opens up more illusion options too. What should be able to be done for henchmen, should be able to be done for the illusions too. Which I've always had ideas of using the Carnies as pets for illusion and Mastermind.

Intentional customization, I'd try to make those or my own types of 'Super Group' sidekicks. Maybe basically make a custom team of heroes/vill, but playing as the Mastermind. I think that'd be neat, giving the immersion I'd always expected from the archetype, 'Mastermind.' Instead of chums off the street, I can make my team celestial beings, lizard people, birds with guns, Rikti POWs, it can go on and on. I want to be able to deliberately make my team I control. Instead of being another flavor necromancy.

Why there isn't pet customization yet here on Homecoming is beyond me. Some petty squabble with another server or something?

Edited by Dennis
  • Like 1

Just found this thread.  Can't believe I didn't see it before.

On 6/9/2022 at 12:00 PM, Krimson said:

Thugs could be reskinned to police. Gang War would be like a raid. 

There's precedent:

image.png.b9af2fa15751caf67ff498a9ecddbbda.png

On 6/9/2022 at 12:31 PM, The_Warpact said:

Men in Black because anytime any government agency shows up its going to be a bad time.

But who would remember it?

On 6/10/2022 at 1:29 PM, BZRKR said:

Johnny Quest Lizard Men:

244026b70fea4437_w.jpg

Unexpected, but I like it!

On 7/9/2022 at 6:17 PM, Herotu said:

I still like Batman goons. 
UJGqT-1487016730-222-quiz_question_image

This, so much this.  I'd be fine if they had the G.O.O.N. or similar on the turtleneck, though I'd love to see a customization where their name appears instead.  I believe several episode of the the '66 Batman had these.

Let's see:

Demons I'd replace with some sort of Aliens xenomorph-like designs.

Robots I'd swap with wind-up toys  for a Toyman MM-like look.

Soldiers, well, continuing with the Toyman MM-like idea, giving them a full plastic green soldier look (complete with green pedestal) might be one idea, or going to the Napoleonic tin soldier look would be another.

Ninjas, probably go for a Persian hassassin look.

Beasts - either a Greek mythological creatures set or an Arthurian/medieval legendary creatures set (griffin, wyvern, questing beast, killer bunny, unicorn, etc.)

Zombies - I like the Spectral Pirates idea pushed by others, though a spectral soldier's look would be of interest as well.  Something along the lines of the American Revolution era: tricorn hats, grenadiers, etc.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 5:31 PM, The_Warpact said:

Men in Black because anytime any government agency shows up its going to be a bad time.

Men in suits are a great shout, so generic and ubiquitous! I mean, off the bat we're talking Agent Smith and his pals, (not Will Smith, but yes Will Smith), and The Turks of Final Fantasy 7.

Edited by Herotu
  • Like 1

Robots: The ability to recolor them and their attacks.
Thugs, Mercs, and Ninjas: Female variants and maybe style variants (like more armored mercs and different gang themes for thugs like Resistance or Cyberpunk and maybe medieval highway men look for ninjas)
Demons: The ability to recolor their flames because I really want them to match better.
Beasts: The option to replace the dire wolf with a bear or something different, or the option to replace the lions with more wolves.
Necromancy: A sword for the MM themselves for that Death Knight look, but maybe also Vahzilok-like zombies for a mad-scientist approach.

Btw, has anyone ever been on an all Thug Mastermind team and everyone used Gang War at the same time? I've always wanted to see what kind of chaos would ensue from that.

Edited by FoxyPrime
  • Like 1

I agree with most of the suggestions mentioned so far. Here're my additional two inf. I apologise if I end up repeating what's already been said. while it would be nice to have new sets, I suppose existing NPCs would be easier to incorporate as alternative skins. some will fit in more than one set depending on specific henchmen powers, I suppose.

CoT alt demons:Hordeling Lasher, Hordeling Berserkers, Hellfrost

CoT Behemoths: Behemoth, Behemoth Master, Behemoth Overlord
CoT spirits: spectral followers, spectral knights, spectral demon lord
Trolls: Trollkin, Jutal/Gravdord, Supa Troll
Hellions: Blood Brother, Fallen, Damned/GF from Hell
Praetorian Clockwork: Cleaners & Sweepers, Mender + Builder, Dismantler/Lifter
PPD: Swat Officers, Ghost + Equaliser, Heavy Suit
Nictus: Fluffies, Squids, Lobster
Council Robots: Zenith Mechmen, Hoverbots, Warcry
Dark pets from other ATs: Haunts, Servants, Umbra Beast
Spiderbots: Lings, Blasters, Tarantula
DE Rocks: Rubble, Boulders, Sentry
Wailers: Wailer, Queen, King

Yet more alt skins, but less thought put into them:
Succubusesses
Werewolves
Black Knights
Arachnos Drones

• Like 1

If I could customize my robots, I'd make them look like Clockwork. Primal Earth Clockwork with the wind-up toy look.

If I could customize my beasts, the tier 3 would be a bear instead of another wolf. I mean, lots of animal looks I'd like, but I really think right now it's weird that you get wolves, then lionesses, then another wolf. Either all wolves, all lions, or 3 different kinds of animals.

• 2 weeks later

Totally dressing my bots up as Dr. Evil's 'bullet bra' fembots.  🙂 

• Haha 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

• 2 weeks later
On 6/9/2022 at 8:57 AM, kelika2 said:

Thugs:  Clowns just to silence that decade old request

I want clowns so badly ... them being thugs is a good start.

Wish we could get a whole new set of primaries that are simply the original ones with damages switched or changed, like mercs that do energy or negative damage or cats and wolves that do fire.

Anything to see mercs get some love out of lethal 😞

---------------------------------------

From Venezuela with Love!

On 8/14/2022 at 9:19 PM, Krimson said:

Monkey Master. The models already exist. Never bet against the Banananator.

Rikti Monkey Handler!!!

A 100% psi primary with rikti monkeys, with tier 2 and tier 3 pets being just different colored monkeys ... final power turns you into a monkey like the one you get from mutation prestige power but with added effects , I could dig that!

From Venezuela with Love!

• 3 weeks later

Because I like the Devs and don't want to make them say No all the time, I'd settle for being able to reskin pets as other mobs in the game.

My Thugs MM Family Man would love to have all of his minions dressed in suits and hats.

There are many other types of Robots in the game.

Any human NPC not in a supersuit qualifies as a Mercenary IMHO.

How many flavors of demons and cultists are there in the game?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
On 8/29/2022 at 8:44 AM, MistressOhm said:

Totally dressing my bots up as Dr. Evil's 'bullet bra' fembots.  🙂 

Those might be too OP haha.

I'd be happy with any female body version of pets...

again, those already in the game should be the low lying fruits like Victoria/cleaners, Seers, Carnies (they have to do that awesome scream when they die too), Talons, Artimisessess, Succubus and Hellion GFs from hell, Coralax.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later

For robots, a selection of style sets that can be color customized

Sleek tech (think rounded ceramic plates, holographic overlays, LED matrix faces, floating arms)

Scrap tech (exposed gears, lopsidedness, parts scavenged from different sources)

Military tech (camouflage textures, all-terrain look, armored plates, maintenance panels)

There are so many things that could be done. If the models for MM primaries weren't hard-baked into the powers (at least that's what I remember reading from one of the devs way back in the day, when people were clamoring for customization), it would be a lot of fun to have options.

Even with just existing models.

Mercs could easily be Council, Longbow, Arachnos, Family, RIP, PPD, Nemesis, all sorts of options

Demons could be Hellions, Outcasts, CoT demons, Rularuu, Carnies

Robots could be Clockwork, Praetorian Clockwork, Council bots, or Malta bots

Necromancy could be Skulls, Infected, Vazhilok, Shivans, Banished Pantheon

Beast Mastery would be a bit tougher, since there aren't really a lot of animal models around, though you COULD use the Snakes or Wailers, maybe

Ninjas could be Knives of Artemis, Cimerorans, Warriors, Freakshow

Thugs have about the same options as Mercs, in terms of variety

Edited by WumpusRat

• 2 weeks later

It's strange

I recall in the original game at the end being able to recolor my phantoms from my illusion controller and there where other options for the master mind pets which you had to go to the costume store in the game to change for them.  

For the mastermind pets they had differing sets as well that you could choose as I recall I did clowns for my undead mastermind.

But later still we could alter certain things on our minions because I put cat ears on my ninjas.

I also recall a specific command bind which I have to look up....that let you have your minions say things

This version though new ..seams old in some ways....like for example  it has the bug in one of the syndicate missions in preatoria that causes you to get all ambushes at once so you get attacked by over 25 enemies with swords....each hit lowering your defense and resistance.

Originally thatvhad been fixed but in this version its there.  Had to use the old exit mission rest and reenter exploit to pass that one.

Edited by PsychicKitty

I really just want less ugly T1 zombies.  Heck, players have come up with such awesome costumes that they put the MM minions to shame.

That being said, I think the mercs, ninja, and thugs MM sets could be broadly applied to many many other concepts - I could see Ninjas being made into your own Super Sentai squad, Thugs could be your own Matrix-inspired team, Mercs could be police or private security, and so on...

• 2 weeks later

I'd even settle for being able to use specific existing enemy groups.  One of my Masterminds would most likely be working closely with the Council, for example.  I'd also like to be able to adjust the look of certain specific minions.  For example, I really dislike the look of the Commando (3rd tier Merc).  My Mercs are supposed to be elite, disciplined soldiers, the sleeveless guy just doesn't fit the aesthetic I'd like.