Outcast hideout artifacts.

Greycat

So, running the first Hollows arc, second Outcast hideout mission. You retrieve three artifacts.  Anyone remember what these were supposed to be hinting at? I'm sure of one, sort of sure of another, and could swear I knew the third once but can't recall it for the life of me...

Strange Skull:

You recovered this skull from an Outcasts' hideout. It is highly similar to a human skull, but the bones are much thinner and more fragile.

Before we got wings as a costume piece, there was planned to be an EAT called the Avilans (sp) - which, unfortunately, got dropped. Their whole schtik was just "this is the only way we can give you wings that "work" when you fly - and were dropped when they managed to work around that. Kind of wish they'd gotten into the game anyway.

Coral Bracelet

You recovered this bracelet from an Outcasts' hideout. When you touch the beads, your finger begins to bleed.

The Coralax were, at one point, meant to be an EAT like Khelds and VEATs - digging into that bit of the story. I'm *pretty* sure this points to them. (As does the crate you recover in Striga from the ship the Council hijacked - that Stephanie Peebles has the "Ugh! I hope they don't find more" sort of reaction. Supposed to be the remains of one of the Virtea (sp?), a servant race to the Coralax.)

Worn tome

You recovered this worn and moldy tome from an Outcasts' hideout. The strange, rusty red text appears to be Russian.

That's the one I don't recall at all. Anyone remember? I don't think this was pointing to an EAT so much as a storyline.

(For reference... yeah, I've been interested in Epic ATs a long time. Mentioned EATs at one point or another were Khelds and VEATs (even if VEATs felt kind of thrown in to me,) Nictus, Coralax, Incarnates (no longer an AT,) Avilans and Blood of the Black Stream - which were Egyptian based, not Russian, so...)

• Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Minor point of order: We know of three more EATs that never happened. The Hyper-Advanced Clockwork and some sort of Devoured EAT still have their inherent powers in the game's data, and the Primalist AT still has its inherent and two whole powersets in the game, even though the whole AT was confirmed scrapped.

If the first two clues are indeed hinting at EATs, though, then that last one definitely isn't about these ATs, either. 

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

5 hours ago, Greycat said:

That's the one I don't recall at all. Anyone remember? I don't think this was pointing to an EAT so much as a storyline.

hmm....  Reference to the Petrovic brothers (leaders of the Skulls) who took the names of Slavic deities of the underworld when they gained supernatural power?

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

1 hour ago, Ironblade said:

hmm....  Reference to the Petrovic brothers (leaders of the Skulls) who took the names of Slavic deities of the underworld when they gained supernatural power?

Probably not.  The reference to those two leading the Skulls didn't come until a couple years after the Hollows was introduced to the game, and even when it did, it was a website lore article going "Oh, uh, yeah, those two random bosses from a couple different one-off missions?  Yeah, those guys were totally the leaders of the Skulls all along."  It wasn't until Doc Aeon started doing the whole Neo-Skulls thing that was left incomplete, when that was written into the in-game lore as anything beyond a couple names getting drawn out of a hat.