Pie or Cake?

Player2

Cherry Pie is the only pie, all others are pie pretenders, especially any pie that includes a vegetable or nut in it.  That's right pumpkin and pecan, you are sad pies, mournful pies really.

Also it is the name of the greatest stripper anthem ever so its like getting extra cherry pie with your cherry pie.  Imagine the sad panda version, "she's my pumpkin pie, nasty tasting veggie gonna make you die, tastes so bad make a grown man cry, ick pumpkin pie."  Jani Lane (RIP) would be weeping.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

24 minutes ago, High_Beam said:

Cherry Pie is the only pie, all others are pie pretenders, especially any pie that includes a vegetable or nut in it.  That's right pumpkin and pecan, you are sad pies, mournful pies really.

Yes, a good pie must be meaty... like cherries.  🤪

1 hour ago, High_Beam said:

Also it is the name of the greatest stripper anthem ever so its like getting extra cherry pie with your cherry pie.  Imagine the sad panda version, "she's my pumpkin pie, nasty tasting veggie gonna make you die, tastes so bad make a grown man cry, ick pumpkin pie."  Jani Lane (RIP) would be weeping.

I was never the same about Cherry Pie after particular American 'Pie' Movie Comedy...

Dude, it's for eating.  Well.  It was.

Azrael.

On 6/21/2022 at 12:28 PM, laudwic said:

Recipe?

LOL, Since you asked nicely, sure. 

Actually I'm not sure who invented it. We're not Jewish, so it wasn't us. It came to our family around 50 years ago via an aunt, though Mom made it her own, and there are many in my town who refer to it as hers.  It's won several club and church bake-offs over the years.  My siblings and I still make it on occasion, though we're a bit more health conscious these days.

This version uses a store-bought mix in it. Mom used to make it from scratch back in the 70s. I don't know where that recipe is though.  I tend to make extra of the cinnamon mix to be certain that I have enough, especially when covering the floor of the tube cake pan.

I like it warm with a high-quality vanilla bean ice cream

Jewish Coffee Cake

1 yellow cake mix withOUT pudding in mix (Duncan Hines is best)

1 large instant vanilla pudding mix

1 cup water

4 eggs

1/2 cup cooking oil

1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring

1 teaspoon butter flavoring

Mix the above 7 ingredients together with an electric mixer for approximately 10 minutes on medium speed.

¾ cup white sugar

2 tablespoons cinnamon

1 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)

Mix the above three ingredients together in a small bowl.

Grease—but do not flour—a one piece tube cake pan (May use Pam spray.)

Sprinkle ¼ of the cinnamon mixture into the cake pan. Then pour 1/3 of the cake batter into the pan.

Sprinkle another layer of cinnamon mixture on top of that. Then another layer of cake batter.

Rotate like this until there are three layers of cake batter and FOUR layers of cinnamon mixture.

Use a table knife and being careful NOT to touch sides or bottom of the pan, draw a daisy straight down through all layers, creating swirl effect.

Bake at 325 degrees for 65-75 minutes. Cool COMPLETELY before turning out of pan.

Edited by Techwright
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Golden Azrael said:

I was never the same about Cherry Pie after particular American 'Pie' Movie Comedy...

Dude, it's for eating.  Well.  It was.

Azrael.

I wasn't a fan either.  Not a good franchise.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I was gonna say pie as many cakes are dry, but TBH, for Most pies I end up just carving out the innards and putting them in a bowl. 😛

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On 6/12/2022 at 6:55 PM, Apparition said:

Cheesecake is life.

It is, but I wouldn't consider it a cake per say 😛

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

6 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

So where does Sheperd's Pie fit into this?

Trashcan?

On 6/18/2022 at 10:54 PM, TraumaTrain said:

Cake is a lie. 

769cf7d8dcff3c95676116efc5dca1bbb48bb855

17 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

It is, but I wouldn't consider it a cake per say 😛

That's because cheesecake is pie; this was laid out clearly in the Good Eats episode "The Trouble with Cheesecake" -- cheesecake is a custard pie.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

That's because cheesecake is pie; this was laid out clearly in the Good Eats episode "The Trouble with Cheesecake" -- cheesecake is a custard pie.

Cheesecake is a great example of the cake is a lie... because it's pie.

On a related note, Cheesecake Factory is a terrible place to eat anything at.

• Thumbs Up 1