Idiots manipulating market

Snarky

1 hour ago, DoctorDitko said:

Don't forget about Brainstorms. You get a surplus of those if you play the card packs lottery.

No one's using Brainstorms in mass to make uncommon salvage.

1 Brainstorm makes 1 common salvage. What's that, 100 inf per brainstorm? 

5 Brainstorms get you 1 uncommon salvage. Call it 3,000 Inf per brainstorm. (uncommon salvage going for 15k right now.)

20 brainstorms get you 1 rare salvage. That's 25,000 Inf per brainstorm. That's 8 times better than for uncommons.

Brainstorms themselves sell on the market for 22K and up.  You could just sell them direct.

Don't use brainstorms to make uncommon salvage, that's a losing game. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/17/2022 at 1:48 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

Dumping yellow salvage at 5 inf for an instasell is probably not going to help anything.

As an aside, I'm usually amused when people claim they post things for sale at 1 or 5 Inf intending to help "the little guy" or "average player".  

The little guy doesn't have hundreds of standing bids to buy all manner of things across the market ready to snipe those posts up.  The average player doesn't bid 100 inf for things and let those sit for days and weeks until they get a hit.

The one who helps the average player is the one who makes sure the market doesn't run out of items priced at reasonable levels, and that bids are out there at fair amounts, so when the average player is ready to buy, then yes, they can get that LotG or whatever for the usual going price set by long term supply and demand, and not the "Omg the only one left is at 20 million!" level; and average player can list their salvage or recipe at 1 and still get a fair bit of inf for it.

• Thumbs Up 4

9 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Not like claiming Brainstorms is an option at the moment. I have hundreds. Maybe thousands. 

it's pretty bad right now. I'm holding off opening more packs and am just glad I can claim small numbers of things from email at all.

Good points.

I didn't mean it was wise or profitable to make salvage from Brainstorms, just that you can avoid the AH and generate your own salvage.

But thanks for the update, I didn't realize the market was like that.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

14 hours ago, Luminara said:

I'm waiting for someone to market the manipulation.  FLIP THE NARRATIVE!  FIGHT THE POWER!  CHEW SOUP!

8 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

In Soviet Russia you do not manipulate market... Market manipulate you!

Unfortunately, (The Dastardly) "Marquette Manipulator"  (an Ice Dom? Insect Summoning?) is one character too many for a name in the character creator.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Luminara said:

I'm waiting for someone to market the manipulation.  FLIP THE NARRATIVE!  FIGHT THE POWER!  CHEW SOUP!

Isn't that just the financial derivatives market in the real world?