New Presence Pool power - Taunt Aura

Uun

3 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Then we can reconsider the discussion regarding scrappers.

Fleeing enemies is the only reason I'm willing to entertain the topic of taunt auras on Scrappers. If that were addressed I would see no reason for Scrappers to need taunt auras.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

UnFuck Flee Code First. 

There are far too many folks reporting that it is not only vastly different than Live, but became much, much worse sometime between early 2020 (when I joined, and I have noticed the same change in mob behavior that others are reporting) and now.

Then we can reconsider the discussion regarding scrappers.

Agreed. Mobs shouldn't flee just because a PC makes a rude gesture. I don't remember mobs fleeing anywhere this often or for anything less than they were near defeat and several others from their spawn had already fallen back on Live.

Of course, that was back when mobs would happily stay in and fight from tar patch and targeted AoE DoTs. So I can agree with the need to make mobs fight more intelligently than that, at least to not fight from a location DoT, but the degree to which they avoid anything is beyond ridiculous. Life would be so much simpler for the citizens in comics, let alone the heroes/villains, if the opposition just turned tail and ran as easily as CoX mobs currently do.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add in the missing "back on Live".

17 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

You do know some people actually play from 1 to 50 where that's 100% useless, right?

I'm aware. Good thing the presence pool already has 15ft radius taunt to use while leveling. Only needs one training taunt IO to last longer than other taunt auras and is only a 1.67s cast time. It's also +1 mag to the taunt auras.

I don't think there should be a pool power taunt aura. I make Fiery Aura, Electric Armor brutes because they don't have taunt auras on scrappers. There would be even less reason to choose brutes if everyone got a taunt aura IMO.

However I know it sucks that only a handful of scrapper armors get it.. it was a poor design choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/15/2022 at 1:44 AM, SwitchFade said:

I'm eternally baffled by the extreme aversion to hitting W

I mean, moving is so terrible that every toon needs the option of an aura to avoid asdw at all costs?

I know this was somewhat tongue in cheek but it really is a problem when it comes to making engaging AI that at least attempts to take the wheel sometimes.

Not that I'm suggesting changing the game now but having it so mobs will just ignore better judgement and sit balled up for obliteration was never a good direction since way back when powers can no capped AoE either.  

On 6/14/2022 at 10:56 PM, biostem said:

Most likely illusion, for superior invisibility.  Heck, if you're duo-ing, grant invis is probably enough...

• Storm (Steamy Mist) - Heck at one point i stacked Steamy Mist+Super Speed+IO stealth just for giggles fooling around in Warburg.  I also had a base empowerment stealth going but can't recall if it stacked on as well. That's at least 100ft stealth.
  • Dark Miasma, Darkness Affinity(Shadow Fall).  My first true stealth was getting teamed with a Dark defender guiding my then ~6th lvl scrapper Main past Trolls in the Tunnels of the Trolls.
  • Cold (Arctic Fog)
  • /SR  🙄 "scrapper" stealth, just run right on by 'whiff', 'whiff'.  Taunt aura, what aura. (Does that count as on topic😜)
  • Blasters doing it with Smoke etc..

In short stealthing content been a thing since day 0 I suspect.

• Thumbs Up 1