Ice/Storm Controller taking the Trapdoor test

Voltak

A few notes: 
This build is NOT a competitive Trapdoor build. 
It's the build I use for ITFs duos (no inspirations, and so on), duos in other challenging TFs, or small teams. 
Ice/ is not damage heavy. 
Given that the enemies are Arachnos along with Council, the safety I had with Ice/Storm was very strong.  It was a smooth run from beginning to end. 
11:31 mins total.   See the video description to find out what the Trapdoor test is. 
It also in the Scrapper forums if you want to read more about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hey Voltak I really enjoy your "challenge mode" Videos on YouTube. Ice/Storm sounds and looks pretty safe. Is there another Combo you can recommend for tough content? I would assume that Earth/Storm would be equally good if not a bit faster.

• Like 1

back in the days: Zukunft (EU) ... nowadays: Everlasting

3 hours ago, Guffnat said:

Hey Voltak I really enjoy your "challenge mode" Videos on YouTube. Ice/Storm sounds and looks pretty safe. Is there another Combo you can recommend for tough content? I would assume that Earth/Storm would be equally good if not a bit faster.

The permanent confuse aura on Ice makes it so the mobs help you to kill themselves when they get a chance to launch some hits.  Earth does not.  There is nothing about earth that indicates it would go faster. 

Plant/Storm
Fire/Storm would do it much much faster. 
Grav/Storm would be very fast at terminating bosses.  Their ST dmg is simply much better. 

Ice is just very safe.  

• Like 1

I love me some Earth/Storm with Stone usually but I'd agree with Voltak about speed.  For an Earth Controller it's fast but against other primaries paired with Storm not as fast generally.  An Earth Controller is however loads of control tools and probably second to none when it comes to tools for handling adds (ambushes, pulling a wee bit much, etc.).  Due to the TAoE of many of its tools it can also employ them from the complete safety of total cover.  Hehe, never tried it but you could probably drop patches down the hatches from above.  Say hello EQ, VG, QS, FR, and Nado, truly death from above.

And Rocky is one tough mofo.  Now any Controller can take Stone but both you and Rocky hammering a boss with Seismic Smash while a Tornado is doing its thing is some pretty impressive SMASH.

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later