Farsight Toxic Defense

accaboom

I noticed today when I activated Time Manipulation's Farsight power that it did not add a +defense to the Toxic damage type.  I lists adding a defense to all damage types, but my friend and I both saw that there was no effect to Toxic defense, this is on the Corruptor version of the power.farsight.thumb.jpg.f1d956a58946c22b275495f357f5f0fd.jpg

Edited by accaboom
missed a word

"Some powers are described by players as +DEF(all but Toxic). This is a misnomer, caused by confusion over the fact that the Toxic Attack tag doesn't exist, or sometimes used for clarity and simplicity while discussing effects with other players. These powers are actually +DEF(All) powers."

Simply put, toxic defense is not a delivery tag. In this case, +DEF(ALL) simply means you're getting defense against all positional tags (ranged, melee, and AoE) and all delivery tags (everything else except Toxic). Hope that makes sense. Toxic is not a delivery tag and farsight does not provide a "base defense". Fortunately almost every toxic attack that I know of also comes with a positional tag to cover you.

Take a look at the "+DEF(All) and Other Little White Lies" section on this page for clarity: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Defense

Edited by Nexros

11 hours ago, Nexros said:

"Some powers are described by players as +DEF(all but Toxic). This is a misnomer, caused by confusion over the fact that the Toxic Attack tag doesn't exist, or sometimes used for clarity and simplicity while discussing effects with other players. These powers are actually +DEF(All) powers."

Simply put, toxic defense is not a delivery tag. In this case, +DEF(ALL) simply means you're getting defense against all positional tags (ranged, melee, and AoE) and all delivery tags (everything else except Toxic). Hope that makes sense. Toxic is not a delivery tag and farsight does not provide a "base defense". Fortunately almost every toxic attack that I know of also comes with a positional tag to cover you.

Take a look at the "+DEF(All) and Other Little White Lies" section on this page for clarity: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Defense

Those statements may have been true at one time, however Toxic Attack tags do exist in game now. I datamined powers a couple of years back (thanks to RubyRed) and found 11 critter powers and 11 player powers that carried this tag (coincidence). Since then more powers have been created or changed to carry the Toxic Attack tag.

Toxic Defense does check against these tags...so if you had 45% Toxic Defense you will be softcapped to attacks with the Toxic Attack tag.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

10 hours ago, Bopper said:

Those statements may have been true at one time, however Toxic Attack tags do exist in game now. I datamined powers a couple of years back (thanks to RubyRed) and found 11 critter powers and 11 player powers that carried this tag (coincidence). Since then more powers have been created or changed to carry the Toxic Attack tag.

Toxic Defense does check against these tags...so if you had 45% Toxic Defense you will be softcapped to attacks with the Toxic Attack tag.

Oh, wow! That's interesting to know. We should probably update that in the wiki.