Tips For Farming Level 30 & 40 Enhancements

I like to do fire farming to find and craft my own enhancements for builds and I am starting to realize there is a sub category of level 30 and 40 enhancements that I miss out on and have to purchase on the AH.

I am wondering what would be an efficient way to farm these at level 30 and 40, and perhaps any other levels that might be worth farming? 

At 50 the obvious choice is fire brute, what about at lower levels, does this hold true if I wanted to make a build for a level 30 farmer? 

I have 2 accounts, perhaps there is a level 30 that would be good enough to help out on a fire farm, maybe something with kin? 

Maybe there is some other strategy I am missing entirely to stock up on level 30 enhancements for my converter roulette.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. 

<Witch> of Everlasting

<Mythical Creature> of Excelsior
Global Name: @Mythical Creature
"Monsters are real and they look like people." - Unknown

If you are going to use AE for a farm, switch your rewards to tickets.  Then spend your tickets on recipe rolls.  You can specify the level at which you roll, but you might not get the level you expect.  Example:  if you farm with a lvl 50 and are spending tickets on recipes at level 20, it will give you a recipe that is available at that level, but will be given to you at either the max level of the set or your level.  If the random roll gets you a Call to Arms, you'll get it at 30.  If a Kinetic Combat, 35.  If a Cleaving Blow, 50.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

Fire/Kin/fire controller, yeah classic what ever.  Flashfire, Fire Cages, Run in with Hot feet, Fulcrum Shift, Fireball; rinse repeat as they melt to Containment.  Don't even need to use Winter IO, but if you do can use the inferior version.   I used it way back in the day before IO existed, DA when you capped at like 30 I think and just hunted the BP for Prestige for SG.  If you max at level 40, you won't have all the slots needed.

Best off, just farm at 50 and sell than buy at level 30 or use Attune.  Trying to force a level cap is just not worth the effort.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

There exist farms designed to give drops at those levels.  I just searched "fire 40" and "fire 30", had to wade through a bunch where the numbers meant something different but I did find examples where I was set to 25 or 35, at +4 I was fighting 29s/39s.  These should drop what you're looking for, I got a lvl 39 Touch of Death, for example.  If I were to do this in earnest (I won't) I'd drop the diff down since, for my guy, final to-hit was too low and fire def of 38 meant I had to be attentive either chewing purples or using the occasional heal/green insp.  The /fire brute was still a good tool for the task.

If my objective were to play lvl 30 roulette I'd actually just put in bids for large lots of lvl 30 recipes of uncommon sets that go to 50 and get a lot churn.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Chronologist day job is (I think) the one that grants a recipe drop bonus. You can also ask the P2W vendor to deactivate common recipe drops (to avoid clutter, it doesn't improve drop rates otherwise).

• Thumbs Up 2

Keep in mind one purple drop will buy a whole hell of a lot of level 35-40 stuff. If you're fire farming at 50 on a consistent basis you should have plenty of cash to buy what you need off the AH even without selling your high end drops. You can certainly farm for the lower level stuff if you just want to craft drops and avoid the AH, but if you consider the opportunity costs of missed level 50 drops it'd definitely be sub-optimal to do so.

• Like 2