The worst thing you can do?

zenijos10

5 hours ago, Sovera said:

Shes spawns on players at random, not herself. And though I don't want to say the 'circles' are actually spheres they are at least ovals. So one spawned in the air is a lot less obvious and someone can run under it and have their HP chunked.

As you've pointed out it's not a big deal and once people know about it they are more careful. Yelling at people who don't know tactics is a good way to show the yeller is a dumb ass.

Oh wait, you're not supposed to be flying/hovering during that fight? Granted, I've only done that TF maybe 2 or 3 times, but no one has told me not to hover because of the blue doom spawns, otherwise I would have grounded myself. x_x I specifically brought a hover character because I don't know the TF well and have slow reflexes/reaction time occasionally and don't move quick enough. 

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

41 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Oh wait, you're not supposed to be flying/hovering during that fight? Granted, I've only done that TF maybe 2 or 3 times, but no one has told me not to hover because of the blue doom spawns, otherwise I would have grounded myself. x_x I specifically brought a hover character because I don't know the TF well and have slow reflexes/reaction time occasionally and don't move quick enough. 

I hover because 100% of my characters have Fly, I just do so near the ground even when I'm not fighting so it's really not a big deal. Bring whatever you'd like.

• Thanks 1

The worst thing to do in this game is for experienced players to hope for new players to join the game, proceed to fail to share important information with new players in advance, and then unload a bunch of crap on new players who did things because they don't know what they don't know. Experienced players do all the complaining, but it is their fault for not properly sharing.

It's poor leadership and poor teaming. You ever see a speed run with a few lost players who don't know where anyone is? That's a great example of poor play by the experienced players leaving the first timers in a state of confusion. Good team leaders going after big game leave nothing to chance and prepare as though there are first timers in the group that need complete explanations for "Master of" runs or MSRs (The Oklahoman is probably the best example of this).

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Sovera said:

I hover because 100% of my characters have Fly, I just do so near the ground even when I'm not fighting so it's really not a big deal. Bring whatever you'd like.

I do the same as a BG built MM and because I like smacking things with thunder strike. 

Fully fitted with Crono, Farsight, and incarnate shields you can simply eat everything. Plus it’s awesome to be duking it out in the middle of a demon horde. But apparently not all people appreciate it as much as i do in that fight….lol.

32 minutes ago, Plasmic Rage said:

The worst thing to do in this game is for experienced players to hope for new players to join the game, proceed to fail to share important information with new players in advance, and then unload a bunch of crap on new players who did things because they don't know what they don't know. Experienced players do all the complaining, but it is their fault for not properly sharing.

It's poor leadership and poor teaming. You ever see a speed run with a few lost players who don't know where anyone is? That's a great example of poor play by the experienced players leaving the first timers in a state of confusion. Good team leaders going after big game leave nothing to chance and prepare as though there are first timers in the group that need complete explanations for "Master of" runs or MSRs (The Oklahoman is probably the best example of this).

I have found that far too many CoH veterans assume that everyone else is as well, and think that there aren’t any new or newer players to the game.

6 minutes ago, Apparition said:

I have found that far too many CoH veterans assume that everyone else is as well, and think that there aren’t any new or newer players to the game.

I can't speak for others, but when I'm running a team, I try to "check up" on everyone.  A big hurdle is getting folks to ask when they need help and riding that fine line between offering helpful suggestions and outright telling others what to do.

8 minutes ago, Apparition said:

I actually quite like slow levelling and taking my time on task forces (although some like the Shadow Shard ones push it a bit), and there's nothing that annoys me more than when someone doesn't say anything in chat for several missions and then stealth teleports the team to the end boss on one of the unique maps. Just let me enjoy things!

I, as one may assume from my forum output, like to talk incessantly in missions and have helped several newbies get started on their IO journey, throwing a Performance Shifter or an ATO out here and there to help them on their way. The IO system is something I found completely impenetrable going back into the game as I think I stopped playing in around Issue 9, so I take care to help people with that aspect of buildcrafting. 

• Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

13 hours ago, Gulbasaur said:

I, as one may assume from my forum output, like to talk incessantly in missions and have helped several newbies get started on their IO journey, throwing a Performance Shifter or an ATO out here and there to help them on their way. The IO system is something I found completely impenetrable going back into the game as I think I stopped playing in around Issue 9, so I take care to help people with that aspect of buildcrafting. 

SHAME SHAME SHAME! Don't you realize my freshly minted level 8 has perfectly planned every spare slot of enhancement space?! It's is this sort of "gifting attitude" which ruins my inventory management!

/s

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, tidge said:

SHAME SHAME SHAME! Don't you realize my freshly minted level 8 has perfectly planned every spare slot of enhancement space?! It's is this sort of "gifting attitude" which ruins my inventory management!

/s

I hand out ATOs and start-up funds to lowbies and put everything on the auction house at 111 inf like some sort of Arachno-communist.

For every person trying to control the market and make a killing, there's a lackadaisical halfwit like me, blithely ruining everyone's plans with financially illiterate chaos.

Edited by Gulbasaur
  • Thumbs Up 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas