Illusion Control When

Redletter

Why does Malaise get to have all the fun?

As a more serious note, Im legitimately curious as to the limits that are holding Illusion Control to Controllers exclusively. Like, is it the coding headache? Or one of those 'balance' thingies I hear people cry about whenever we talk about why Scrappers aren't allowed to take Assault Rifle?

Resident certified baby

11 minutes ago, Redletter said:

Why does Malaise get to have all the fun?

As a more serious note, Im legitimately curious as to the limits that are holding Illusion Control to Controllers exclusively. Like, is it the coding headache? Or one of those 'balance' thingies I hear people cry about whenever we talk about why Scrappers aren't allowed to take Assault Rifle?

Pro'ly due to only 3 powers being affected by Domination, and the double invis/utility power in the primary.

Grav isn't that far behind, though...

• Thumbs Up 2

Death is the best debuff.

3 hours ago, kelika2 said:

would it even be as strong as you think it might be?

I mean, I don't think it'd be strong. I just want Illusion/Energy Assault (Or Psionic Assault, im not picky). I don't really care if it's any good, I play a Merc/Emp MM and AR/Regen sentinel just for the flare.

Resident certified baby

3 hours ago, Errants said:

Pro'ly due to only 3 powers being affected by Domination, and the double invis/utility power in the primary.

Grav isn't that far behind, though...

Ah, so what you're saying is we need...

Illusion Control... 2

Also, yeah! It didn't even occur to me that Illusion Control, shockingly, doesn't have a LOT of synergy with Domination as a mechanic. Can we change that? Proliferating sets always brings some changes! And I've gon on record saying Illusion could use a little makeover...

Perhaps... NOW is the time for it?

Devs? Please?

Edited by Redletter
I seemed a little flippant
  • Like 1

Resident certified baby

Illusion Control's not great at setting up Containment, either, but it's still (iirc) the most popular Controller set.

And Electric and Ice Control have only a couple attacks that Dominate.

There's room for Illusion Dominator, even if the numbers have to be tweaked since it'll be combined with an Assault set instead of a Support set.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dangeraaron10 said:

Illusion Control's not great at setting up Containment, either, but it's still (iirc) the most popular Controller set.

And Electric and Ice Control have only a couple attacks that Dominate.

There's room for Illusion Dominator, even if the numbers have to be tweaked since it'll be combined with an Assault set instead of a Support set.

I'm a big fan of ATs having exclusive sets. If a set is going to be proliferated, it needs to be replaced with a new exclusive set.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, underfyre said:

I'm a big fan of ATs having exclusive sets. If a set is going to be proliferated, it needs to be replaced with a new exclusive set.

Fortunately, both Legacy and HC devs seem to be of the opposite mindset.

Which, yanno, I think is great! Agency to the players!

• Like 3

Death is the best debuff.

21 hours ago, Arcadio said:

Allegedly PA is too strong for dominators. Allegedly. 

They said the same for Earth Melee! And for Earth Armor!

I say, if Stalkers are allowed to become giant rock monsters, then let Dominators run around with 3 clones of themselves bullying Skulls!

As YOUR President, I will make it my solemn duty, to see meet these allegations of "Overpoweredness" with total, bone shattering DENIAL whether these claims are, in fact, true or not!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Resident certified baby

• 1 month later

I'm seeing illusion control for doms in City of Data now.  Would swear it didn't use to be there and no idea when it showed up.  Assuming it is what HC actually has planned and not another server or something.  Have to say it looks pretty good.  A damage immobilize replacing spectral wounds and an aoe stun replacing group invis.  Phantom army looks like it lost its taunt (which is what they hinted they'd do), but looks like they get some extra effects on their attacks instead.

I'd jump on it in a second.  Wish they would have added it for this latest update.  :classic_sad:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/powerset.html?pset=dominator_control.illusion_control&at=dominator&data=cryptic

Edited by Riverdusk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Riverdusk said:

I'm seeing illusion control for doms in City of Data now.  Would swear it didn't use to be there and no idea when it showed up.  Assuming it is what HC actually has planned and not another server or something.  Have to say it looks pretty good.  A damage immobilize replacing spectral wounds and an aoe stun replacing group invis.  Phantom army looks like it lost its taunt (which is what they hinted they'd do), but looks like they get some extra effects on their attacks instead.

I'd jump on it in a second.  Wish they would have added it for this latest update.  :classic_sad:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/powerset.html?pset=dominator_control.illusion_control&at=dominator&data=cryptic

Looked at it, had a 50 ill/Rad on Live and now a 50 Ill/TA.  Withholding Judgment until I see something official, but first thought is I like it assuming Bind has a hold not a sleep, Spectral Terror still has a -ToHit Component.  Swap of Gleam for team invisibility is good.  Concerned with the idea that PA is lousing taunt.  I don't mind PA changing to Energy damage from Psionic to be consistent with Phantasm, but I don't see what could replace the loss of taunt.  That could be just a lack of creativity on my part.