Any way of changing Electricity Manip's Sustain?

Hey,

So I love my Elec/Elec Blaster, always have, from day one in April '04 all the way to the end, and now here. But I have to say, I feel like Electricity Manipulation got one of the worse Sustain powers. Every minute I have to remember to clap my hands (and look like a doofus doing so), and if I happen to have foes in the vicinity, they go flying.  It just feels so damn clumsy.

I've been picking my brain to try and figure out a way to change it.  Some thoughts I've come up with so far:

1) Ditch Force of Thunder as the Sustain power.  Move Elec's Sustain functionality to Lightning Field, make it work something like Electric Control's Conductive Aura (+Regen and Recov to you, -End to foes). The possible downside is that Elec gets its Sustain much earlier than anyone else (Lightning Field comes up at 4, and the Sustain powers tend to center in the 16 or 20 spot in most other sets). Is it possible to reorder a set?  Even if it is, is that a good idea?

2) Change how Force of Thunder works.  Maybe FoT could change from a click to a toggle, and in addition to its +Regen/Recov, every so often applying a Stun attack to foes in range (here I've got in mind something almost like Dark Armor's Oppressive Gloom).

That's all I've got for now.  I'm trying to come up with ideas that 1) are feasible, 2) I like, 3) are minimally disruptive.  If anyone's got any ideas to throw at this, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

Generator

Hey,

So I love my Elec/Elec Blaster, always have, from day one in April '04 all the way to the end, and now here. But I have to say, I feel like Electricity Manipulation got one of the worse Sustain powers. Every minute I have to remember to clap my hands (and look like a doofus doing so), and if I happen to have foes in the vicinity, they go flying.  It just feels so damn clumsy.

I've been picking my brain to try and figure out a way to change it.  Some thoughts I've come up with so far:

1) Ditch Force of Thunder as the Sustain power.  Move Elec's Sustain functionality to Lightning Field, make it work something like Electric Control's Conductive Aura (+Regen and Recov to you, -End to foes). The possible downside is that Elec gets its Sustain much earlier than anyone else (Lightning Field comes up at 4, and the Sustain powers tend to center in the 16 or 20 spot in most other sets). Is it possible to reorder a set?  Even if it is, is that a good idea?

2) Change how Force of Thunder works.  Maybe FoT could change from a click to a toggle, and in addition to its +Regen/Recov, every so often applying a Stun attack to foes in range (here I've got in mind something almost like Dark Armor's Oppressive Gloom).

That's all I've got for now.  I'm trying to come up with ideas that 1) are feasible, 2) I like, 3) are minimally disruptive.  If anyone's got any ideas to throw at this, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

Generator

I swear I thought the same exact thing. It's a good idea and is on par with other sets. It also gives me a reason to actually pick up Lightening Field.

Much as I'd love option 1, I have a serious reservation in that, as I said, level 4 seems far too early to add a Sustain power into a set.  I don't know if it's a big deal to reorder a power set, but my suspicion is that yes, it is.  Hence my other idea, to make Force of Thunder into something easier to use.