advice needed for dedication build ( power girl idea )

50caltech

advice needed about Power Girls abilities and how they would best suit a brutes powers,

since she is supposed to related to super girl and man,    would their abilities be compared to super strength or street justice, and invulnerability or regen ?

i am dedicating this build to a former player who i got to know both in game and real life, back during live on the freedom server, but unfortunately she passed away years ago before being able to return to the current game.   

Power Girl was one of many characters that she loved, due to copywrite hassles the character  will  be named to her real life nick name instead

Quibble: Not related to Supergirl, Supergirl from original continuity's Earth-2.

As much as I dislike the frequency of the combo,  for Power Girl I would go SS/Inv with  Energy Mastery (because you need the Heat Vision).

• Like 1

She was trained in boxing by Wildcat, so I could see using Street Justice without Spinning Strike or Shin Breaker.  (Rib Cracker looks a lot like a ram attack, which is common enough.)  Your AOE damage would be weak like a pirate, though, and you'd miss out on Hurl and Foot Stomp animations.

3 hours ago, Omega Force said:

She was trained in boxing by Wildcat, so I could see using Street Justice without Spinning Strike or Shin Breaker.  (Rib Cracker looks a lot like a ram attack, which is common enough.)  Your AOE damage would be weak like a pirate, though, and you'd miss out on Hurl and Foot Stomp animations.

Could add that Wildcat flavor in with the Fighting Pool if you really wanted to add in the Wildcat influence factor on top of her innate Krypton powers which I would figure would be the base to build on.

13 hours ago, 50caltech said:

advice needed about Power Girls abilities and how they would best suit a brutes powers,

since she is supposed to related to super girl and man,    would their abilities be compared to super strength or street justice, and invulnerability or regen ?

I would see Kryptonians as tanks and not brutes, but....

I would go with Super Strength and invulnerability for the old school. These days the DC take on Kryptonians definitely seems to see them having regen and often super reflexes to avoid being hit at all.

I would suggest the Presence power pool. Because obviously, Power Girl has presence. 

14 hours ago, 50caltech said:

am dedicating this build to a former player who i got to know both in game and real life, back during live on the freedom server, but unfortunately she passed away years ago before being able to return to the current game. 

I'm sorry to hear that she passed away.

I have been a Power Girl since back in the 70s, but I have to say my favorite run was "Starting in July 2009, Power Girl received her first ongoing series, simply titled Power Girl (vol. 2), with the first twelve issues written by Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray, drawn by Amanda Conner,[10] and colored by Paul Mounts.[11][12] According to Comic Book Resources, the series has been "wildly praised for its fresh and fun approach."[13]" -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Girl

fbe.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

thank you for the replies, keep the ideas coming.....i have not started her build yet.....

currently working on a fire/fire brute,  started with a spines/fire brute,   people have mentioned foot stomp being endurance heavy,  any advice about power sets to use to keep fury/rage from crashing?

also...mentioned on the character creation page is super strength has knockback powers, is it built into their attacks or is it optionable for damage?

i do have a sentinel and noticed how knockback is a part of their attacks with out actual knockback sets...

Rage will crash, Fury shouldn't.

If you want the flavor, then yeah, take Hand Clap. But really...you don't want to scatter things. If you do take it slot a KB->KD IO in it so things don't get knocked everywhere. That is the only SS power with KB, all  others are KD or KU. Personally, I would skip Hand Clap and go for Cross Punch (well, I did that on my SS/Bio).

• Like 1

Super Strength/Super Reflexes Energy Tanker with Sorcery (MinFX), Hasten, Fighting and Leadership. Use the Mystic Flight to Translocation to the next mob or save a teammates in trouble. Like zooming in to save the day.