AE missions worth doing?

I am not looking for farm maps or best xp/hr maps. I am looking for missions that were designed the way AE was intended for.

Good stories, fun stories and such as an alternative to or along side normal story arcs.

I think it would be a good idea to set up a list of AE missions/arcs that people think are great.

• Like 1

You could probably start with the Dev's Choice selections, which are conveniently compiled in this thread for reference. There may be compiled lists of other AE content on the forums, but that's the one that sprang to mind.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 7

I have been reading a post from  @Ultimo  recently about an AE they have been building. I've run through it a couple of times and have enjoyed it quite a bit. the ARC ID is 49460 and the title is The World at War. It has some cool maps and mechanics.

found the thread - here

edit: trying to work out how to tag people.

Edited by rizlazz
  • Thumbs Up 1

I highly recommend the AE arc #47119 by @TheZag .  It is hard though, and basically a Task Force, complete with a GM.  So I recommend either getting a team together for it, or play it on a character with both decent damage and decent debuffs.

The story is that you are invading the innards of the Rikti mothership in the RWZ, and trying to end the Rikti threat once and for all.  Being Rikti, if you do it on a team, some form of AoE mez protection is also recommended.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

You could probably start with the Dev's Choice selections, which are conveniently compiled in this thread for reference. There may be compiled lists of other AE content on the forums, but that's the one that sprang to mind.

There's some good ones on this list 😉

• Thumbs Up 3

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

47 minutes ago, Jiro Ito said:

There's some good ones on this list 😉

Well you would say that!  

Seriously, @Marshal_General, I recommend checking out the list, and from there take note of the authors' other works. @Jiro Ito above is a Dev Choice winner, and check out their other stuff in their signature or via their @handle in the AE.  Some of the authors have a LOT of material.  I'm looking at @cranebump, @Darmian and @Ankylosaur for instance. Three more Dev Choice winners.  So yeah, the ones on the list I compiled, and then branch out!  Despite being outnumbered by farms by a lot, there's plenty of great story AEs out there.

Have fun finding them.  Hell, do a few reviews and get others interested!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Great to be back in CoX!

3 hours ago, Apparition said:

I highly recommend the AE arc #47119 by @TheZag .  It is hard though, and basically a Task Force, complete with a GM.  So I recommend either getting a team together for it, or play it on a character with both decent damage and decent debuffs.

The story is that you are invading the innards of the Rikti mothership in the RWZ, and trying to end the Rikti threat once and for all.  Being Rikti, if you do it on a team, some form of AoE mez protection is also recommended.

Thanks for the mention App,  its not easy getting people in there when its buried in hundreds of pages of missions.

I put that its hard in the description and i got a feedback that it was too hard so 'objective achieved' *fist pump*.  A solo player has completed it but i would recommend a team of at least 5.  I also had to work within some of the limitations of AE so there is a mission with enemies locked at lvl 41,  meaning no incarnate abilities.  Im fine with that but people mention it and it currently cant be changed.  Another mission is locked at 54 even when set to -1 for the same reason so put your big hero spandex on for at least 1 mission.

And App is totally on point that its meant to feel like a task force.  I did all the writing to feel as much like it should belong in CoH as i could and the mission accept text is even 'Agree to form a task force.'  I basically tried to make a difficult Lady Grey Task Force part 2.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

Good stories, fun stories and such as an alternative to or along side normal story arcs.

I think it would be a good idea to set up a list of AE missions/arcs that people think are great.

Well, I put a lot of thought into mine.  I originally came up with the idea back on live but never got around to writing it up in AE (OMG the AE system is annoying to use).

I wrote an origin story for Mark IV (the technology contact in Founders Falls).  You can just search for 'Origin of Mark IV' or the ID is 48002.

• Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Thanks for the mention @TerroirNoir! If you are looking to level a character, @Marshal_General, my All That Glitters Series (and it’s companion series’ which fork off it around level 20) go from level 1 to level 50 - sort of like the Kheldian arcs do. 

The core idea behind each series is to explore the fallout of the Post-Praetorian Paragon.

• Glitters focuses on the proliferation of tech and science and how a couple of groups use that to good effect building up to a huge coup and shift in power among some lore based rivals. 
  • Glimmers focuses on Magic and the First Ward folk trying to retake Astoria in a Post-Mot World as their new home and also leads to a huge shift in the balance of power exploring a lore thread that ever got built out. 
  • Glints focuses on Natural/Mutant (psi) and is a follow up on Penelope Mayhem and the Mr. G red side arc. A hard drive crash stalled me here on this finale but the ideas, maps, etc are all built in my head. 🙂 just takes some interest in it for me to bother. :)
  • Thanks 1

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

If you're looking for something challenging, @Linea has a series of 801 missions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

• 2 weeks later
2 hours ago, TerroirNoir said:

How are these for story, @Uun?  

Not much to speak of, but that's not really their intent.

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller