Can World of Confusion get gud?

BastionWalls

I would like to use World of Confusion for a concept character I'm working on, but I see no love for it on the forums. I would like to use it for its confusion component, and seen suggestions that require at least 3 Acc/ and 2 Confusions and even then sounds lackluster. Should I just proc it out for damage? I'm not expecting it to be a game changer, just want it to be somewhat effective. What are your suggestions or is WoC just a lost cause?

• Thumbs Up 1

It's good for 5% range defense and 10% global recharge (the whole contagious confusion set). That's all the reason I need to take it on builds where those are applicable. You won't get better bang for your buck on those set bonus numbers anywhere else except for the superior blasters wrath set.

• Like 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

I understand your pain 😣
I love the visual of the power.... and it looks great for themes and such...
but to me it's always aggravating when the toon gets bonked on the head and WoC suddenly goes away 🤐
Plus it just never seemed to "do much" as in the meaning of confusing anything unless they're close enough for a handshake.
By that time it will have been too late so to speak at times 🤔

It is a CC power that cannot perma CC a single minion that is standing right next to you. Anything lt or above is unaffected.

Has a hefty end cost to go along with it.

In the running for worst power in the game.

This seems to be my limited experience with it. Usually, you can find some niche where a power may not exactly shine, but is effective at least. I get that, statistically, SOMETHING has to be the worst power, but WoC definitely pushed everyone aside and said, "hold my beer"

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 2:53 AM, Magellen2022 said:

I understand your pain 😣
I love the visual of the power.... and it looks great for themes and such...
but to me it's always aggravating when the toon gets bonked on the head and WoC suddenly goes away 🤐
Plus it just never seemed to "do much" as in the meaning of confusing anything unless they're close enough for a handshake.
By that time it will have been too late so to speak at times 🤔

Would a range enhancement increase it's circumference? Or is that not possible?

5 hours ago, Herotu said:

Would a range enhancement increase it's circumference? Or is that not possible?

A range enhancement would not increase the radius on a PBAoE. I wish they would but they don't. The 8-foot range on WoC is pretty substandard and the mag/duration is pretty meh. Even on other AT's version of the power, it is pretty bad.

As previously said it's decent for being a set mule.

On 7/7/2022 at 11:40 PM, Maxzero said:

It is a CC power that cannot perma CC a single minion that is standing right next to you. Anything lt or above is unaffected.

Has a hefty end cost to go along with it.

In the running for worst power in the game.

I would never take WoC on its own (like, on a character that doesn't have any other confuse powers) but it is rather effective on characters like my Mind/Psi Dominator.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

20 hours ago, roleki said:

I would never take WoC on its own (like, on a character that doesn't have any other confuse powers) but it is rather effective on characters like my Mind/Psi Dominator.

Even then you have to be in melee range and the other confusion power is doing the heavy lifting while World of Confusion adds a mag 2 confuse for 1.5 seconds.

The AoE confuse proc in Mass confusion is way more useful then World of Confusion. It also costs no energy to run.

I'll also vote lost cause.

It's a power I really wanted to make work, but it's out of sync with procs and it's just not very good to start with. You can sort of make it work with the Contagious Confusion proc, but even that's very underwhelming.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I also vote lost cause. I have tried it on a variety of ATs/Powersets, including a Mind/Psi Dominator, and it just absolutely cannot git gud. The Mag 2 is really what does it in. Since it does not stack, it really can't Confuse much of anything. Set muling is okay, but if you have a whole set of slots to burn on something you'll never use just for the bonuses, you can probably find something else that might have a little utility to put a set into.

• 2 weeks later
On 7/5/2022 at 6:27 PM, brasilgringo said:

No, no it cannot.  Set mule.

Much answer.  Very like!

WoC sure is pretty though.  I put in on  AE Psi farm NPCs because it is easy to find the stragglers.

• Like 1

formerly @JimmyVine (on Infinity & Victory)

currently @Cenozoic (on Reunion)

Cenozoic (Mind/Psionic Dominator) ... Los Infiernos (Fire/Devices Blaster) ... Slof (Stone/Spines Tanker) ... Zen's Furnace (Illusion/Dark Controller) ... Cryovolcano (Earth/Cold Controller)