New Support Set: Space Manipulation (AKA, Reality Warping for Team Players)

I like the concept but I'm not too keen on Dimensional Veil. I think I'd just replace it with a hold with a -def effect. Otherwise looks like a solid set gameplay and concept wise.

• Like 1

Global Handle: @Future Force Warrior

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

18 hours ago, Normal Thomas said:

I like the concept but I'm not too keen on Dimensional Veil. I think I'd just replace it with a hold with a -def effect. Otherwise looks like a solid set gameplay and concept wise.

Hi there, glad you're a fan of the overall concept! Out of curiosity, what aspects of 269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil aren't you a fan of? In designing Space Manipulation, I considered support sets with hard, repeatable controls to be outliers to the norm - Time Manipulation (purposefully strong and versatile) is the most egregious example here, with its Hold ability even including a hefty debuff.

• Blackfeather changed the title to New Support Set: Space Manipulation (AKA, Reality Warping for Team Players)
42 minutes ago, Blackfeather said:

Hi there, glad you're a fan of the overall concept! Out of curiosity, what aspects of 269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil aren't you a fan of? In designing Space Manipulation, I considered support sets with hard, repeatable controls to be outliers to the norm - Time Manipulation (purposefully strong and versatile) is the most egregious example here, with its Hold ability even including a hefty debuff.

I'm not a fan of intangibility powers. I will give you some credit however in that having an intangibility power that be used on friend and foe and be changed by other powers in the set is rather novel but I think that I, among others, generally view intangibility powers to be skippable. While people see value in an easy "skip" power but I'm of the opinion that player's should have more competitive power choices and feel like they're making a sincere choice when having to give something up for Fighting, Leadership etc.

• Like 1

Global Handle: @Future Force Warrior

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

On 7/8/2022 at 9:18 AM, Blackfeather said:

Dimension Veil

Toggle: Ranged Ally or Foe, Ally Intangible, Foe Intangible

From my understanding of how intangibility powers work, you can't have them as a toggle applied from an outside source, as that source would not be able to interact with the target after the initial application to maintain said toggle's effect.  Additionally, it kind of violates a core tenant of gameplay, as it allows a teammate to effectively remove you from the game without your consent.

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Normal Thomas said:

I'm not a fan of intangibility powers. I will give you some credit however in that having an intangibility power that be used on friend and foe and be changed by other powers in the set is rather novel but I think that I, among others, generally view intangibility powers to be skippable. While people see value in an easy "skip" power but I'm of the opinion that player's should have more competitive power choices and feel like they're making a sincere choice when having to give something up for Fighting, Leadership etc.

Oh, that's fair enough! This is where my own personal preferences come in - I tend to pick up the more unorthodox powers where I can; I'll happily admit to taking Detention Field when I play Force Fields for instance. In fact, the way Dimension Veil was designed was actually quite inspired by @The Philotic Knight's own post (and to a lesser extent @Greycat's) about how they'd improve Detention Field if they were to overhaul the entire power set:

Force Bubble - (Level 1) This isn't the "old Force Bubble", but rather a merger of Personal Force Field and Detention Field. It brings back the "glass dome of DOOM", but makes it a toggle that can affect ANY target. It uses the "untouchable" effect and the "cannot attack" effects, so the target cannot interact with the outside world, and the outside world can't interact with the target. Target is also immobilized. However, the target can still use abilities on itself. The toggle would have an endurance cost that would increase every second, until the field was no longer maintainable and would HAVE to toggle off, so that it couldn't be abused. You can cast it on yourself to give yourself a breather, and could potentially use Rest while inside of it. You could cast it on an AV (no accuracy check needed!) to take the AV out of the fight and give your team a break, for a while. You could cast it on an ALLY to save that ally from any incoming damage that's not already applying DoT on them (perfect pairing with a Tanker to take the alpha after they taunt or jump in?). The number of uses for this power, and the tricks you could pull off with it would be... innumerable.

269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil

You cause a target of your choice to phase into another dimension for as long as this toggle is active, turning them intangible and unable to affect or be affected by others in normal space. Targeted allies can still move around, but most foes will be immobilized instead. Maintaining this veil is taxing on the user, and cannot be kept active for more than 30 seconds.

Endurance

0.52/s

Recharge

Slow (60s)

Duration

30s

Minimum Level

16 (Controller)

16 (Corruptor)

8 (Defender)

16 (Mastermind)

Effects

Toggle: Ranged Ally or Foe

Ally Intangible

Foe Immobilize (Mag 10), Intangible

Enhancements

Reduce Endurance Cost

Enhance Immobilization Duration

Enhance Range

Increase Attack Rate

Set Categories

Immobilize

Indeed, my own addition to this potential implementation comes in the form of how the Veil interacts with another power in the set (and I'm glad you liked that little interaction, I definitely was happy that I came up with it!), as seen below:

1323707068_T6RepulsionZone.png.9b4bd91a205bcb06f2215bdc529d08ad.png T6: Repulsion Zone

You create a protective space at your location that pushes status effects away from your allies. This effect extends to many foes as well, who will be forced out of this zone. Casting this power again will move this space to your location. An ally targeted by Dimension Veil will phase back into reality while inside your Repulsion Zone.

Which was meant to hopefully address the potential concerns brought up here and here about player targeted phases while also making them more useful in the process. In a similar vein to Gravity Control's Dimension Shift allowing phased players to just exit the area if they no longer wish to be intangible, you'd be able to just head inside the Repulsion Zone to negate the Veil's effects, maintaining player agency (without going the route of something like a server tray popup to cancel things early, which might be fairly cumbersome in comparison).

At least in my view, I see Dimension Veil as a nice additional contingency power on top of what Space Manipulation has to provide, leaning into the concept of "support through repositioning" that this power set revolves around - in this case, literally shunting the target into a different dimension. With both its defensive buffs being single target toggles (granted, rather potent ones), having that extra way to protect allies could be useful. That being said, this does give me food for thought for altering the power further:

What if 269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil came attached with a strong regeneration debuff when targeted against foes, and the intangibility aspect was also suppressed by 1323707068_T6RepulsionZone.png.9b4bd91a205bcb06f2215bdc529d08ad.png T6: Repulsion Zone instead of the current implementation that only suppresses the effect on allies? It could even give them protection against Repel to stop them from sliding out of the area (call it a weird interaction between this dimension and the other). This would let it pull double duty as an unorthodox utility power while also serving as a traditional (if intermittent but auto-hit) debuff - one that Space Manipulation currently lacks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tentative descriptions/details for the potential changes above:

269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil

You cause a target of your choice to phase into a sympathetic dimension for as long as this toggle is active, turning them intangible and unable to affect or be affected by others in normal space. Targeted allies are able to move freely, but foes will find the dimension hostile, severely reducing their regeneration rate and anchoring them in place, immobilizing most foes and preventing them from teleporting or being forcefully moved. Maintaining this veil is taxing on the user, and cannot be kept active for more than 30 seconds.

Endurance

0.52/s

Recharge

Slow (60s)

Duration

30s

Minimum Level

16 (Controller)

16 (Corruptor)

8 (Defender)

16 (Mastermind)

Effects

Ally Intangible

Foe Immobilize (Mag 10), Intangible, -Regen, +Resistance(Repel), -Teleport

Enhancements

Reduce Endurance Cost

Enhance Range

Increase Attack Rate

Set Categories

Immobilize

1323707068_T6RepulsionZone.png.9b4bd91a205bcb06f2215bdc529d08ad.png T6: Repulsion Zone

You create a protective space at your location that pushes status effects away from your allies. This effect extends to many foes as well, who will be forced out of this area. Casting this power again will move this space to your location. Targets affected by Dimension Veil will phase back into reality while inside your Repulsion Zone.

Recharge

Slow (10s)

Duration

240s

Radius

25 ft

Minimum Level

20 (Controller)

20 (Corruptor)

12 (Defender)

20 (Mastermind)

Effects

Location (Point Blank Area of Effect)

Team +Resistance(Status)

Ally -Intangible

Foe -Intangible, Repel

Enhancements

Reduce Endurance Cost

Increase Attack Rate

Set Categories

None

I ended up adding another clause to 269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil, letting it also prevent enemies from teleporting - I figured it'd be thematic for Space Manipulation with its focus on "support through repositioning" to likewise be able to prevent their foes from doing similarly.

Edited by Blackfeather

On 7/23/2022 at 7:58 AM, biostem said:

From my understanding of how intangibility powers work, you can't have them as a toggle applied form an outside source, as that source would not be able to interact with the target after the initial application to maintain said toggle's effect.

Hey there, thanks for dropping by! @oedipus_tex did say that this power was probably going to be the most controversial, and I've been working hard to help get it into a state that leaves more people happy with it. I'll try and break down its functionality a bit:

You cause a target of your choice to phase into another dimension for as long as this toggle is active, turning them intangible and unable to affect or be affected by others in normal space. Targeted allies can still move around, but most foes will be immobilized instead. Maintaining this veil is taxing on the user, and cannot be kept active for more than 30 seconds.

Making Dimension Veil a toggle power was heavily inspired by past suggestions for making cage powers like Detention Field and Sonic Cage work in a similar way. I figured that this would be a great thing to have for Space Manipulation as well, since it allows the intangibility effect to be deactivated early instead of just waiting out the duration.

Fortunately, it looks like technical limitations shouldn't be an issue for making this happen: @Replacement has mentioned that it should be possible for powers to work through intangibility effects if they have the works_on_untouchable flag on them.

On 7/23/2022 at 7:58 AM, biostem said:

Additionally, it kind of violates a core tenant of gameplay, as it allows a teammate to effectively remove you from the game without your consent.

I figured that it'd be useful for Dimension Veil to be able to affect team members - a targeted intangible could potentially rescue allies taking too much heat, giving them room to rest up or take a breather. But of course, it's important to make sure that it can be easily deactivated; making it a toggle only solves this on the user's end.

At first, I thought about granting a phased player a temporary server tray power to cancel the effect early, but eventually figured it'd be too cumbersome. Instead, I added a special clause to one of Space Manipulation's powers - namely its mez protection/foe repel bubble:

You create a protective space at your location that pushes status effects away from your allies. This effect extends to many foes as well, who will be forced out of this zone. Casting this power again will move this space to your location. An ally targeted by Dimension Veil will phase back into reality while inside your Repulsion Zone.

This allows players who are phased at an inconvenient or extended period of time the ability to suppress the effect whenever they like, simply by moving into the Repulsion Zone. Similarly, they can even reactivate the effect by stepping out of it, so long as the toggle is still active. The intent here is to maximise team member autonomy while keeping the utility of having a phase ability intact, rendering it no more disruptive than Gravity Control's Dimension Shift,

I'd also definitely be interested in hearing your thoughts on the additional clauses added to both Repulsion Zone and Dimension Veil after hearing @Normal Thomas's suggestions, which were done to increase the latter's utility for people uninterested in the phase effect, namely:

What if 269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil came attached with a strong regeneration debuff when targeted against foes, and the intangibility aspect was also suppressed by 1323707068_T6RepulsionZone.png.9b4bd91a205bcb06f2215bdc529d08ad.png T6: Repulsion Zone instead of the current implementation that only suppresses the effect on allies? It could even give them protection against Repel to stop them from sliding out of the area (call it a weird interaction between this dimension and the other). This would let it pull double duty as an unorthodox utility power while also serving as a traditional (if intermittent but auto-hit) debuff - one that Space Manipulation currently lacks.

The actual description/details being put in this post here:

Hope it's a neat addition!

Alright! Made changes to 269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil and 1323707068_T6RepulsionZone.png.9b4bd91a205bcb06f2215bdc529d08ad.png T6: Repulsion Zone proper as previously suggested in the original proposal. Having a way to debuff enemy regeneration with the former, and actively take advantage of that with the latter should add some further utility alongside the intangible. I think it's still fairly on theme, given that to capitalise on it properly, there's still some positioning involved that needs to be taken in consideration; you'll want your Repulsion Zone on top of the veiled enemy to suppress that phase effect.

One added benefit of a -Regen component to 269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil is that using it on damaged enemies (and not suppressing it using 1323707068_T6RepulsionZone.png.9b4bd91a205bcb06f2215bdc529d08ad.png T6: Repulsion Zone) is that they've got less of an ability to recover health as well, which I do like; almost like putting them into suspended animation proper as opposed to just taking them out of the fight for a bit. Of course, now it's a matter of thinking about what might be a suitable amount of -Regen...with it being single target and on a relatively long recharge, I could see it being at least higher than say, Nature Affinity's Spore Cloud, even though they're both toggles.

22 hours ago, Blackfeather said:

One added benefit of a -Regen component to 269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil is that using it on damaged enemies (and not suppressing it using 1323707068_T6RepulsionZone.png.9b4bd91a205bcb06f2215bdc529d08ad.png T6: Repulsion Zone) is that they've got less of an ability to recover health as well, which I do like; almost like putting them into suspended animation proper as opposed to just taking them out of the fight for a bit. Of course, now it's a matter of thinking about what might be a suitable amount of -Regen...with it being single target and on a relatively long recharge, I could see it being at least higher than say, Nature Affinity's Spore Cloud, even though they're both toggles.

Building on this, it looks like -500% Regeneration rate seems to be pretty standard across a lot of powers in a similar vein; Benumb, Howling Twilight, Heat Exhaustion, and Lingering Radiation all do the same amount. They also have relatively higher recharge times though, and Veil comes at a lower level than two of them. That being said...maybe it being a toggle balances it out a bit? Since it's impossible to keep up forever compared to the others. Second opinions definitely welcome.

This was an interesting read, discussing the differences between the two currently existing mass teleportation powers, Wormhole from Gravity Control and Fold Space from the Teleportation power pool. It does make me wonder if Space Manipulation's own mass teleportation power, 1535198315_T7Dispersal.png.497c19e39d3f05a3aabee9a6a122661f.png T7: Dispersal in is in a reasonable state compared to both of them. At the very least, they do function a little differently from each other, I'd think. But the recharge time on Dispersal is half that of Wormhole, though its area is smaller. But it's also not supposed to be a control power like Wormhole is...

On 7/30/2022 at 7:16 AM, Blackfeather said:

This was an interesting read, discussing the differences between the two currently existing mass teleportation powers, Wormhole from Gravity Control and Fold Space from the Teleportation power pool. It does make me wonder if Space Manipulation's own mass teleportation power, 1535198315_T7Dispersal.png.497c19e39d3f05a3aabee9a6a122661f.png T7: Dispersal in is in a reasonable state compared to both of them. At the very least, they do function a little differently from each other, I'd think. But the recharge time on Dispersal is half that of Wormhole, though its area is smaller. But it's also not supposed to be a control power like Wormhole is...

I guess they do have different use cases? Solo, 1535198315_T7Dispersal.png.497c19e39d3f05a3aabee9a6a122661f.png T7: Dispersal is basically just a way of moving enemies in melee range far away from the player (in other words, damage mitigation). It relies on 1161269269_T2FocalPoint.png.6c576fea0d53aa1b44f4e16eec670482.png T2: Focal Point being active on another ally to actually control this effect, and teleport nearby enemies into a specific place.

Fold Space is probably more useful on tougher characters too, or at least for characters that can survive a bunch of foes suddenly in melee range of them. It's also much more able to gather scattered foes due to its large area of effect. Meanwhile, Wormhole pulls double duty as a crowd opener due to its guaranteed stun effect, while also gathering enemies into one place - the longer recharge in comparison sounds fair enough, at least to me.

On the topic of naming conventions that's come up, I'll admit I quite like the ring of "Space Manipulation" for this set, and on a related note also appreciate the Support sets not having any specific naming pattern. "Space Affinity" just sounds a little bit bland for my tastes. Plus it makes for a nice counterpart for "Time Manipulation", I think!

• 5 weeks later
15 hours ago, KingCeddd03 said:

PLEASE MAKE THIS POWERSET WE NEED IT I MEAN I DO AND OTHERS LOL

Glad to hear you like the proposed set! I definitely wanted it to fill an unexplored niche while also trying to keep it in line with current levels of power; I'm happy to hear it managed to pique your interest.

On 7/8/2022 at 11:18 PM, Blackfeather said:

You create a protective space at your location that pushes status effects away from your allies. This effect extends to many foes as well, who will be forced out of this area. Casting this power again will move this space to your location. Targets affected by Dimension Veil will phase back into reality while inside your Repulsion Zone.

I'm tempted to give Repulsion Zone something extra to improve Space Manipulation's personal survivability per @Completist's suggestion. My first thought is some defence (the ability pushing attacks away), but that'd kind if step on the toes of Force Field a bit, I think - it'd be like an immobile combination of Dispersion Bubble and Force Bubble.

Maybe it could give a little bit of absorb while they're inside, similar to how Spirit Ward works? I'm having a harder time seeing how to justify that flavour wise though.

• 7 months later
On 7/8/2022 at 9:18 AM, Blackfeather said:

Hi again, everyone! I got some time to think about other potential homebrew powers recently, and since my writeup on Light Control actually started off as a support set, I figured that creating a proper one was long overdue. In this case, I decided to go for a counterpart to Time Manipulation – a power set revolving around manipulating space in different ways.

Design Rationale

A lot of Space Manipulation’s abilities revolve around the concept of “support through repositioning”, shifting space in a more advantageous way for your allies. This comes in a variety of forms, from moving dangerous enemies away from more vulnerable targets, to phasing allies taking too much heat, enhancing the distance that allies can attack from, and even causing attacks to strike another, more durable ally instead of their intended target.

As such, one intentional weakness of the set is a lack of any healing options. Space Manipulation excels in the field of damage prevention, kind of like Force Field, albeit mitigating damage through more indirect means. With proper use of its abilities, health recovery should hopefully be unnecessary in the first place!

I also purposefully tried to avoid the more ’creative’ aspects of manipulating space (portal slicing, turning enemies into spaghetti, and so on); many of Space Manipulation’s powers are much more subtle and indirect in nature, save for a single ability that reduces foes’ resistances. I wanted Space Manipulation to feel a bit like playing a game of chess, repositioning allies and foes alike to provide tactical advantages for the team.

Questions to the Forums (Other Questions/Comments Welcome!)

• Is this proposed set something you’d be interested in playing? What kinds of use cases can you see for it?

• Does it fill a niche that other power sets already provide, or is even strictly better than them? If so, what adjustments would you make to resolve this overlap?

• Space Manipulation was meant to perform about in line with existing support sets – how do you think it ranks performance wise compared to them?

• Are there any discrepancies that need clearing up about the powers on display/elaboration on why some powers were made as written?

• What powers could you see yourself taking or skipping? Would your answers change depending on the content you’re running? (E.g. simple PUG, hard mode ASF?)

As always, I’d love to hear everyone’s feedback on this!

Space Manipulation

Power Table

Power

Level (Primary|Secondary)

Effect

1888430910_T1Displace.png.ea64d779670598dc0e78db0e925712aa.png

Displace

Ranged, Minor DMG(Smash), Teleport Teammate or Foe, Foe Knockdown

1161269269_T2FocalPoint.png.6c576fea0d53aa1b44f4e16eec670482.png

Focal Point

Toggle: Ranged Ally (Targeted AoE), Ally +Res(All DMG, Knockback), Foe Attract

813414262_T3ExpandDistance.png.156ad3abf2e7d1b374229c385d7bcd5f.png

Expand Distance

Location (Ranged AoE), Foe -ToHit, -DMG, -SPD

963010532_T4WarpShield.png.b1cb9eeb07896d5b07cd587e57a9006f.png

Warp Shield

Toggle: Ranged Ally, Ally +DEF(All), +RES(DEF Debuff), Special

269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png

Dimension Veil

Toggle: Ranged Ally or Foe, Ally Intangible, Foe Intangible, -Regen, +Prot(Repel, Teleport)

1323707068_T6RepulsionZone.png.9b4bd91a205bcb06f2215bdc529d08ad.png

Repulsion Zone

Location (PBAoE), Team +Res(Status), Ally -Intangible, Foe -Intangible, Repel

1535198315_T7Dispersal.png.497c19e39d3f05a3aabee9a6a122661f.png

Dispersal

PBAoE, Minor DMG(Smash), Foe Teleport, Knockback, Chance to Disorient

118182160_T8TwistMatter.png.064dec8659fc371a892640934cd9dfb1.png

Twist Matter

Ranged (Targeted AoE), Foe -Res(All), -Special

507782050_T9CompressSpace.png.1c57023995c47a3a31257c94bf011343.png

Compress Space

PBAoE, Team +Range, +SPD, +Res(Slow), +ToHit

Powers

1888430910_T1Displace.png.ea64d779670598dc0e78db0e925712aa.png T1: Displace

You teleport a single foe or ally to another location of your choice. A successful hit must be made in order to Displace a foe, and if so, may knock them down and deal some smashing damage from the sudden change in location.

Damage Minor (Smashing)

Recharge

Slow (15s)

Minimum Level

1 (Controller)

1 (Corruptor)

1 (Defender)

1 (Mastermind)

Effects

Ranged (Foe Only)

Teleport Teammate or Foe

Foe Knockdown

Enhancements

Enhance Accuracy

Enhance Damage

Reduce Endurance Cost

Enhance Knockback Distance

Enhance Range

Increase Attack Rate

Set Categories

Ranged Damage

Knockback

Teleport

Universal Damage

Universal Travel

1161269269_T2FocalPoint.png.6c576fea0d53aa1b44f4e16eec670482.png T2: Focal Point

You cause additional space to gather around an ally, pulling in nearby foes and providing your target with some resistance to damage and knockback effects. Focal Point will not pull in nearby foes if Warp Shield is also active on the selected ally.

Endurance

0.26/s

Recharge

Slow (10s)

Duration

2.25s

Radius

30 ft

Minimum Level

2 (Controller)

2 (Corruptor)

1 (Defender)

2 (Mastermind)

Effects

Toggle: Ranged Ally (Targeted Area of Effect)

Ally +Resistance(All Damage, Knockback)

Foe Attract

Enhancements

Reduce Endurance Cost

Enhance Range

Increase Attack Rate

Enhance Damage Resistance

Set Categories

Resist Damage

813414262_T3ExpandDistance.png.156ad3abf2e7d1b374229c385d7bcd5f.png T3: Expand Distance

You create a localised space distortion where things are much further away than they appear, causing foes inside to move slower and miss their attacks more often. Attacks that do hit will have their damage reduced due to their longer travel time.

Recharge

Long (90s)

Duration

45s

Radius

25 ft

Minimum Level

4 (Controller)

4 (Corruptor)

2 (Defender)

4 (Mastermind)

Effects

Ranged (Location Area of Effect)

Foe -Damage, -Speed, -ToHit

Enhancements

Reduce Endurance Cost

Enhance Range

Increase Attack Rate

Enhance Slow

Enhance ToHit Debuff

Set Categories

Slow Movement

ToHit Debuff

963010532_T4WarpShield.png.b1cb9eeb07896d5b07cd587e57a9006f.png T4: Warp Shield

You surround an ally in a protective spatial anomaly, making any attacks directed against them less likely to hit as well as increasing their resistance to Defense Debuffs. Any damage that would still affect them will instead be inflicted on the target of your Focal Point if it is currently active.

Endurance

0.26/s

Recharge

Slow (10s)

Duration

2.25s

Minimum Level

10 (Controller)

10 (Corruptor)

6 (Defender)

10 (Mastermind)

Effects

Toggle: Ranged Ally

Ally +Defense(All), +Resistance(Defense Debuffs), Special (Redirect)

Enhancements

Enhance Defense Buffs

Reduce Endurance Cost

Enhance Range

Increase Attack Rate

Set Categories

Defense

You cause a target of your choice to phase into a sympathetic dimension for as long as this toggle is active, turning them intangible and unable to affect or be affected by others in normal space. Targeted allies are able to move freely, but foes will find the dimension hostile, severely reducing their regeneration rate and anchoring them in place, immobilizing most foes and preventing them from teleporting or being forcefully moved. Maintaining this veil is taxing on the user, and cannot be kept active for more than 30 seconds.

Endurance

0.52/s

Recharge

Slow (60s)

Duration

30s

Minimum Level

16 (Controller)

16 (Corruptor)

8 (Defender)

16 (Mastermind)

Effects

Ally Intangible

Foe Immobilize (Mag 10), Intangible, -Regen, +Protect(Repel, Teleport)

Enhancements

Reduce Endurance Cost

Enhance Range

Increase Attack Rate

Set Categories

Immobilize

Recharge

Slow (10s)

Duration

240s

Radius

25 ft

Minimum Level

20 (Controller)

20 (Corruptor)

12 (Defender)

20 (Mastermind)

Effects

Location (Point Blank Area of Effect)

Team +Resistance(Status)

Ally -Intangible

Foe -Intangible, Repel

Enhancements

Reduce Endurance Cost

Increase Attack Rate

Set Categories

None

1535198315_T7Dispersal.png.497c19e39d3f05a3aabee9a6a122661f.png T7: Dispersal

You cause the space around you to rupture outwards, violently teleporting nearby foes away to random locations before dealing a minor amount of damage and throwing them off their feet. The process can even cause them to become disoriented. If you have Focal Point active, Dispersed enemies will teleport to your targeted ally instead.

Damage

Minor (Smashing)

Recharge

Slow (45s)

Radius

9 ft

Minimum Level

28 (Controller)

28 (Corruptor)

18 (Defender)

28 (Mastermind)

Effects

Point Blank Area of Effect

Foe Teleport, Knockback, Chance of Disorient (Mag 2, 40%)

Enhancements

Enhance Accuracy

Enhance Damage

Reduce Endurance Cost

Enhance Knockback Distance

Enhance Range

Increase Attack Rate

Enhance Disorient Duration

Set Categories

Melee AoE Damage

Knockback

Stuns

Teleport

Universal Damage

Universal Travel

118182160_T8TwistMatter.png.064dec8659fc371a892640934cd9dfb1.png T8: Twist Matter

You violently twist the space your foes inhabit for a short period of time, debilitating their damage resistances and weakening their secondary power effects. The targets power effects like Heals, Defense Buffs, Endurance Drains, Disorients, Holds, Immobilizes, Knockbacks and more, are all weakened.

Recharge

Long (150s)

Duration

40s

Radius

15 ft

Minimum Level

35 (Controller)

35 (Corruptor)

26 (Defender)

35 (Mastermind)

Effects

Ranged (Targeted Area of Effect)

Foe -Resistance(All), -Special

Enhancements

Enhance Accuracy

Reduce Endurance Cost

Enhance Range

Increase Attack Rate

Set Categories

None

507782050_T9CompressSpace.png.1c57023995c47a3a31257c94bf011343.png T9: Compress Space

You cause things to become much closer than they appear for nearby allies, increasing the range of their attacks and their chance to hit. These compressed distances also provide a boost to movement speed and some resistance to slow effects.

Recharge

Very Long (360s)

Duration

90s

Radius

25 ft

Minimum Level

38 (Controller)

38 (Corruptor)

32 (Defender)

38 (Mastermind)

Effects

Point Blank Area of Effect

Team Range Increase, +Speed, +ToHit, +Resistance(Slow)

Enhancements

Reduce Endurance Cost

Increase Attack Rate

Enhance Running Speed

Enhance ToHit Buff

Set Categories

To Hit Buff

Running & Sprints

Universal Travel

Whether or not this actually makes it in game, I am VERY impressed. You’ve done a great job presenting this set and I can tell you put a lot of thought into it. Well done!

• Like 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Gear Fox (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Brainwasher (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute)