Brute damage scale: specific question I can't find the answer.

Greymistbc1

Hey, if I'm a Brute, and I'm monitoring my "Damage Bonus",  what number do I have to see to be at least as good as a scrapper, punch for punch, not counting crits?

(Crits, vs Lt's and up, are 10% chance of double damage, so average +~10% damage overall, ignoring minions).

The scales I'm seeing:    
scrapper melee: 1.125
Brute melee: 0.75

So I would assume 1.125/0.75 = 1.5.  Since damage bonus starts at 0, if it says 50% I am roughly equal to critless scrapper, and at ~60-65%, I am exceeding scrapper damage?

Help, please!

So if you both have 95% damage enhancement in your powers, then:

1.125 * 1.95 = 2.19375 scale damage for scrappers, excluding crits.

Brutes:

.75 * (1 + .95 + X) = 2.19375

1 + .95 + X = 2.925

X = .975

When your fury gives you 97.5% damage, you should outdamage a scrapper with similar slotting, excluding crits.  So that's when Fury is at 49%.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, aethereal said:

... Scrapper ATOs, crits get vastly more likely than 10%.  It is now the case that at level 50, with good slotting of ATO2 and PPM abuse, scrappers solidly outdamage brutes.

Spoiler

Assuming Full Tier 4 Incarnates and Full Tier 4 IOs, built for maximum damage ....

Scrappers 600+ dps

Stalkers    500+ dps

Brutes      400+ dps

Tanks       350+ dps

Tanks start tough and tend to spend resources on damage.

Brutes start with both durability and damage, and can then build toward scrapper or tank, but generally not both.  But this does make them in many ways the most flexible melee AT.  Brutes are also the kings of farming.

Scrappers start with damage, and tend to use resources to increase durability.

Stalkers start with damage, are the easiest to maximize that damage, but don't quiet peak as high as the highest scrappers.  Stalkers also tend to lack AoE.

AT and Tanker DPS

Pylon Damage Thread

Pylon DPS Megasheet - Kachooman

Trapdoor

Edited by Linea
  • Like 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

It should be noted that DoTs get nothing from crits but do from Fury. While that is not going to remotely close the damage potential between Brutes and Scrappers/Stalkers it is a perk for the Brute.

Edit: See aethereal's correction below

Edited by Erratic1

2 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

It should be noted that DoTs get nothing from crits but do from Fury. While that is not going to remotely close the damage potential between Brutes and Scrappers/Stalkers it is a perk for the Brute.

That's not true.

DoT secondary effects, as from Savage Melee or Fiery Melee, get nothing from crits.  DoTs that are part of the main effect of the power typically have crits that sum up the total damage from the DoT and do it as a lump sum all up front.

For example:

Scrapper Freezing Touch does 16.5788 damage every 0.25 seconds for 2.6 seconds, so 11 ticks, for a total of 182.3668 damage

If it crits, it does  182.6796 damage up front.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=scrapper_melee.ice_melee.freezing_touch&at=scrapper

Scrapper 1,000 Cuts does 9.4468 points of Lethal damage (all affected targets) every 0.2s for 2.05s (100% chance) after 0.1s.  So that's 11 ticks for 103.9148 damage, plus 43.7931 in one shot at 2.1 seconds, so that's a total of 147.7079 damage, and when it crits it does... 138.2609 damage up front.   Slightly less than doubling everything, but obviously not just doubling the non-DoT component.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=scrapper_melee.dual_blades.high_low&at=scrapper

• Thumbs Up 3