Mandalorian Season 3

1 hour ago, biostem said:

A few of my thoughts:

Hide contents

They know for a fact that there are hostile and dangerous creatures on this planet, and they have guards at the cave entrance, but none keeping an eye on the kids?  Ships have radar and sensors, and even an R2 unit can detect life signs - they wouldn't have anything in place to detect incoming ships or large animals, at least?

So if I am a member of the CotW, and don't like another member, can I get them kicked out by sneaking up on them while they have their helmet off to eat or something?  Is any other form of head covering acceptable?  If one of their members gets a head injury, do they just let them die instead of taking off the helmet to treat them, or is there an exception for that?  Din seemed pretty against it in S1... 

On top of this...

Spoiler

We've seen that some of them have kids as the kid taken by the raptor is the son of Pas Visla (sp?). So... how does sex work for the CotW? I may have missed a detail regarding this, but if they take life partners/spouses/w/e you wish to call it, are they allowed to remove their helmet for that person?

Side note: I still think it's weird they all separated to eat given that we've seen Din eat in front of Grogu by lifting the lower portion of his mask/helmet away just enough to get food to his mouth.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

7 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Side note: I still think it's weird they all separated to eat given that we've seen Din eat in front of Grogu by lifting the lower portion of his mask/helmet away just enough to get food to his mouth.

Or for that matter, that the CotW's cuisine wouldn't have morphed into various tidbits or bite-sized chunks that can be easily fed up from behind the visor.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, biostem said:

Or for that matter, that the CotW's cuisine wouldn't have morphed into various tidbits or bite-sized chunks that can be easily fed up from behind the visor.

Yes, exactly. Especially when they're all out together on a mission like with rescuing the kid.

• Thumbs Up 1

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

20 hours ago, biostem said:

A few of my thoughts:

Hide contents

They know for a fact that there are hostile and dangerous creatures on this planet, and they have guards at the cave entrance, but none keeping an eye on the kids?  Ships have radar and sensors, and even an R2 unit can detect life signs - they wouldn't have anything in place to detect incoming ships or large animals, at least?

So if I am a member of the CotW, and don't like another member, can I get them kicked out by sneaking up on them while they have their helmet off to eat or something?  Is any other form of head covering acceptable?  If one of their members gets a head injury, do they just let them die instead of taking off the helmet to treat them, or is there an exception for that?  Din seemed pretty against it in S1... 

I'm guessing that CotW have strong punative rules against sneak attack helmet removals by their own members.  Any others, though...that's why the Armorer asks if any one else has removed a member's helmet.

Can there be another head covering?  I suspect there has to be, though I'm puzzled why we've not seen nor heard of it. For example:  who cuts their hair?  If they're given some sort of cloth covering for the face while the hair is trimmed, that would make a certain sense.  I was about to say a cloth covering for the head while the armorer repairs damage to the helmets, but this latest episode may have an answer for that.  More on that farther down.

What of head injuries?  I'm afraid this probably falls under the possibility of "let them die" based on Din's experience of season 1.  That's not really good tactics, as we see from Din's healing to fight several other days.  Perhaps in the right location and the right circumstances, again a head cloth covering could be used, but I have my doubts based on what was already shown.

19 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

On top of this...

Hide contents

We've seen that some of them have kids as the kid taken by the raptor is the son of Pas Visla (sp?). So... how does sex work for the CotW? I may have missed a detail regarding this, but if they take life partners/spouses/w/e you wish to call it, are they allowed to remove their helmet for that person?

The question of CotW reproduction comes up repeatedly here and elsewhere.  I don't recall which episode it was, but I seem to recall hearing that a CotW member is allowed to remove their helmet in front of their spouse (and their family?) when in private.  I guess I'll need to dig for that reference.  Maybe it was the one with the spotchka farmers?

19 hours ago, biostem said:

I'm actually surprised protein shakes with straws aren't a standard with them.

4 hours ago, Mr. Vee said:

New ep was quite good. Lots of action and some major plot bits rather than just sidequesty feeling stuff. 

Hide contents

Zeb's cameo was a nice touch.

Was that actually...

Spoiler

...Zeb Orrelios,?  I wasn't sure, so I just looked it up on IMDB.com and Steve Blum is listed as "Zeb".  Awesome!!!  I'd been wondering if Blum was just voicing another lasat. We've already had precedent with John Favreau voice two separate Viszla characters, so I'd not put it past them to having Steve Blum voice two lasat characters.  I expect them to show a whole lot more of Zeb going forward.  That was a really well-done appearance.  Perhaps this establishes Zeb in a "live action" way in preparation for the show Ahsoka?  I do wonder where Kallus is though?  Those two were like soldier brothers by the end of Rebels.  They would have visited the lasat homeworld just a few years before this.

I agree with Mr. Vee, that was a good episode

Spoiler

It did exactly what I suspected it would do based on the season trailer:  sent the Children of the Watch in to clear out the pirates in exchange for a chance to live out of hiding in peace.  The one thing that I had anticipated that it didn't do was offer the position of marshal to Pas Viszla with deputy positions for all CotW, but their presence will certainly be a deterrent to crime going forward.

Did you catch the comment that the CotW lack ships?  How on earth, or any other world, are they moving around? Space U-Haul? And again, how did they get rid of that giant reptile carcass without hauling ships?

I was a tad saddened that the show called for the destruction of the pirate king and his cruiser so readily.  He seemed like a character they would have developed more, and that ship was quite interesting.  Shame to have let it go to waste so easily.  But you have to break a few eggs to make a new future for the CotW.  At least Vane survived.  With references to a larger "pirate nation", do you think he's going to team up with a new, larger threat?  or maybe even ...him??

I really loved that they showed a lot more of the Captain Carson Teva.  He's becoming a favorite of mine.  I hope his efforts to warn of the rise of the First Order do not get him killed.  I panicked there for a moment when he found the derelict by himself.  I was afraid of a lethal ambush.  By the way, having the R7 droid  component detach and travel/scan was fascinating.  I've seen such a component on R2D2 before, but I think this is the first time we've seen this potential.

I wonder how long it will take the good folk of Nevarro to rebuild?  I suppose it depends on how many droids they have who can clear the area and repair.

Okay, I didn't forsee that the forge on Nevarro would have been left behind.  Where is the armorer getting these forges from then? The one on monster world was pretty sophisticated to have just been cobbled together from odds and ends.  Reference to the Great Forge on Mandalore sounds similar to the Great Forge of the dwarves in the Blue Mountains of Tolkien's Middle Earth.

The Armorer's request I found to be quite confusing, just as Bo-Katan apparently felt. We've never heard the full creed.  Why would she be requiring the removal of Bo's helmet just on her say so?  Was there a clause that permitted it?  I truly thought it was some sort of test to see if Bo truly held to the creed or would break it because a leader told her to.  I really wish they'd had the armorer say something like "By removing your helmet, and I keeping mine, we can work together to bring both factions together."  Obviously, that's what she's intending, I just wish it had been vocalized.  I'm also not thrilled that she didn't tell her CotW that she'd required the removal of Bo's helmet.  That would have quickly made them less suspicious.  Not the best move, but its done.  At least they seem to except her statement.

Loving that this Viszla seems capable of growing in wisdom.  I'm cautious at the moment but I'm really hoping to see this continue.

Katie does a good job of showing what appears to be a new humility that Bo-Katan previous lacked on this show.  Hopefully that's not stage acting to appease the CotW.

Elia Kane's presence was somewhat odd.  By that I mean, she was the last person in the room with Dr. Pershing, by the controls, and with him repeatedly telling the others that she had it out for him.  Are they really so dense as to not put this all together when they come back and find him in a less than desirable arrangement?  Why is she still roaming free?

I just realized we got almost nothing of Grogu this episode.  Strangely, I'm not put out by this.  While it certainly isn't The Grogu Show, I've always seen the show as a dual-lead show.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yes it does seem 

Spoiler

the dread pirate swamp thing could've been kept around longer. the broadside cannons doing surface bombardment was a nice touch. Not sure if it was a cgi thing or the actor or a bit of both but Vane's facial expressions reminded me of live action skeletor. and as long as i'm flying my gramps flag with my comparisons today i might as well mention that Karga's assistant was a dead ringer for puddle dive era ani difranco.

• Thumbs Up 1

Adding a thought regarding the last moments of Episode 21 "The Pirate"...

Spoiler

Captain Teva and R7 while scanning the shuttle that housed Moff Gideon spot a fragment of beskar in the wall leading to the suggestion, to their thinking, that Mandalorians captured Moff Gideon.  I see this as playing two ways:

1. The obvious way, which is that the First Order still possesses much beskar, so it would make sense at the moment of freeing Moff Gideon, that they frame the Mandalorians.
  2. The second is that Mandalorians actually did take Moff Gideon, possibly to stand trial for his war crimes against Mandalore.  This would not be the Children of the Watch, as they admitted to lacking ships, and their isolation probably kept them from knowing the details of the secret move.  That means a different faction of Mandalorians.  Either:
    • Bo-Katan's former followers got wind of the move and struck.  This makes a certain sense in that Sasha's character, if involved, tends to be brash.  or...
    • Another faction was involved that's not really been shown either at all or very little.  My guess in this context would be Death Watch.  If you read up on the Children of the Watch, you'll find that the French translation's title refers to them as a spiritual offshoot of Death Watch.  If true, the timing is interesting because Bo-Katan just gained dominance over the CotW. Time to move to dominance over another faction, and wouldn't you know it, both Bo-Katan and Din Djarin have a history with the Death Watch, Bo having been second in command of them during the Clone Wars era, and Din having been rescued by them as a child before CotW apparently broke off from the main group. (at least from what I've read.)

Just something to consider.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 11:17 PM, Techwright said:

Was that actually...

Confirmed on the @StarWars twitter. Yup, it's him, fully canon. And whether that was practical effects or CGI, that's a massive improvement on Cad Bane from the last series.

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

5 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Confirmed on the @StarWars twitter. Yup, it's him, fully canon. And whether that was practical effects or CGI, that's a massive improvement on Cad Bane from the last series.

I really do love how they're not staying stagnant with their special effects technology, but are pushing to new limits each season.  End of season 2's special cameo had the world raving despite some obvious limitations in the appearance.  By the time of the appearance of the same in The Book of Boba Fett, it had incredibly improved, to the point that more fluid movement was possible.  The comparative to Cad Bane is a good one in context.   Really hoping to see much more of this in Ahsoka.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally caught up with most recent two eps - that one with the doc really put me off, and I'd been getting my Pedro fix elsewhere... glad I'm back.

Spoiler

So, we're seeing a Bo-Katan classic hero's journey. 

She's been reduced from clan leader, to merc, to living alone in a palace, to losing the palace, to nearly drowning and seeing a vision and questioning her sanity, and finally winding up with a bunch of fanatics hiding in a hole...

To doing something high and noble for a pure reason, not because legacy and nobility demanded. To being accepted. To becoming a leader again, not by birth, not by entitlement, not by name, or slinging some fancy sword. But by prowess, and by example. And being given a new purpose.

Don't screw it up, kid. We're all counting on you.

Loving the Zeb cameo and the scurvy pirate crew, and our new rebellious Republican friend. An inside guy is always a handy thing to have, and I suspect his squadron may go a little bit rogue. Suspect the Armourer may be more than a little bit Force sensitive with her absolute confidence, poise and balance, and also smacking out heavily armed goons with a hammer. Suspect also that's not the last we've seen of Vane, and he'll either show up at a really inconvenient moment - or one that's convenient for our heroes, and... opportune... for him.

As to the tailpiece. Were the Mandos taking him or guarding him? Are they Bo's ex-sidekicks? Do they need to be rescued, redeemed, or rid of?

All in all, a fine evening's entertainment watched back to back. Let's see where we go next.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Straight into the new ep.

BTW, do not Google this ep before watching or go on the Twitters.

When you're ready...

Spoiler
  • Ah, The Shape Of Water, in space.
  • Seen too many Dr Who episodes (and Logan's Run, and Westworld) to trust pleasure planets. Everything's a little too neat. Creepy empty airport vibes and corporate buzzwords.
  • Finally we meet their esteemed ho-
  • What.
  • WHAT THE. THE. F....
  • REALLY? 
  • Seriously I love them but way to snap you out of the believability curve. What do you lot think?
  • Okay, those two are out, now we get to the exposition scene with a venerable WAIT WHAT REALLY?
  • Another lesson for Bo-Katan: people need to be approached in the right way, not arrogantly.
  • We don't serve your kind in here... oh, and CSI: Mando? Dig it. (Bonus cameo for diehard comedy aficionados only: Jen Kober.)
  • After a pretty strange bottle episode we wrap up what we came for in five minutes with one fight. But we do get to see Bo's power stance.
    (DO NOT screw this up, kid.)
  • That includes not trusting that guy worth a damn. They never take demotion well.
  • Also, moving from a high-end, rich pleasure planet to one that's just been lightly toasted by pirates may not go down so well. Not to mention trying to integrate multiple factions having gone so well for the Kryze family last time.
  • We still don't know where Moff Gideon is, but if the Merc Mandos busted him out, they may well do. Are they going to let on once they know what Gideon did?

It's a slightly odd way to wrap up that big plot point, to be sure.

Speaking of which, suddenly realised there's only two episodes left to wrap these arcs up in a neat little bow.

Both are written by Favreau (with Filoni on #23), and directed by Rick Famuyiwa, who's delivered three of the better eps to date (the Grogu intro, the Train Job, and the other Train Job/Wages Of Fear one.) Should be in safe hands.

10 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Straight into the new ep.

BTW, do not Google this ep before watching or go on the Twitters.

Wise words.  I'm glad I knew nothing about this episode going in.

Spoiler

In the animated The Clone Wars, there were some episodes that were more comedy than substance.  I never much cared for those, but they did flesh out the galaxy a bit, so I tolerated them.  In like mind, portions of this episode felt a little too cartoony, but with a deluge of other material, it was worth tolerating.  At least it was for me.

Cameos:  If I had to create a list of people I'd never thought would be in Star Wars, these folks would be on my list.  But I'm happy they are in Star Wars.  I'm hesitant to even use names, considering that someone might read spoilers before seeing the episode.  Just go see the episode, already! 

• The comedy male lead was perfectly cast, and ...
  • the chief scientist?  Well, who else would you cast as the chief scientist? 
  • I ended up looking up the whole cast just to make sure.  If you've seen the series Salem, then you likely know the voice of the droid bartender as well (I did not.)

Opening scene: 

• This is one of those scenes that was a bit over-the-top, honestly, but it does establish Axe Woves better than his first appearance. 
  • Despite some of the silliness, it is interesting in that they're showing inter-species romances that are not involving a human or near-human. 
  • Also of interest because the two species, though forced to live together due to their sea origins, have a Montague/Capulet-like animosity that flares at times. 
  • I tend to think this scene will have a larger pay off at some later date, either within this show or another.
  • The female Quarren captain was physically played by Joanna Bennett, who is the stunt double for for both Emily Swallow and Katee Sackhoff on this show, but also has an impressive resume as stunt double for Gal Gadot, Amber Heard, and Nicole Kidman in the DC Universe, and Brie Larson and Karen Gillan in the MCU. She apparently doubles for Brie in several other works.
  • The voice of the Quarren captain appears to be Christine Adams who has tenure in Black Lightning, Terra Nova, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., where I first recall seeing her.
  • The name of the Quarren captain is Shuggoth.  This suggests to me that one of the writers is a fan of Lovecraftian works, where a "shoggoth" is a type of monster.  I'm willing to go out on a limb and suggest that the writer may actually be a player of World of Warcraft, which, borrowing from Lovecraft, named one of it's horrors Soggoth the Slitherer.  You can see from these two interpretation pictures how the head has similarities to quarren.

image.png.c80164ae58747b10aa3064428adbd44d.pngimage.png.e881bf2f270c7cf677a5deb43496e579.png

First scenes with Din and Bo -

• Interesting to see domed cities that are not Mandalorian or on a hostile world. 
  • How is it that a Mando ship can just be taken over arbitrarily by a control tower?  Bo really needs to get someone on that problem.  That is a huge weakness.  Imagine attacking an enemy city only to have your ship taken from your hands by a landing guidance system.
  • Love how Bo addresses Grogu instead of Din.
  • The feast/party felt like something out of Lewis Carroll.
  • Not sure what that thing was floating over the table, but with the tubing from it the statement "I hope you like secretions" might just have been more sickening than blue milk.
  • So, the purpose of this unusual visit is made clear:  Mandalore is to be aided in getting recognized status once it reforms.
  • "You had me at battle droids" one of the biggest laughs I had from the entire show.

Droid hunt:

• Citizens using droids for work leaving them free for recreation.  As @ThaOGDreamWeaver notes, this is an oft-used concept.  Adding to what's been named, I was reminded of the old Valiant Comics (and even older Gold Key Comics) of Magnus: Robot Fighter, where a future earth heavily populated with indolent humans faces a revolt by a large faction within the larger robot population.
  • "Direct Democracy": sounds like the ancient Greeks where those permitted to vote had to show up for everything in order for the vote to count. 
  • Ugnaughts:  Star Wars has seemed to chosen to change the Ugnaught appearance from their earliest days.  They're mostly taller now, and with more features closer to Kuill.  Considering how Klingons have recently turned out, I'm thinking this change isn't so bad.
  • The ugnaught leader is currently not listed on IMDB.com, but I suspect from the movement that Misty Rosas is again playing an ugnaught.
  • I like that Din is a partner, not an underling.  His handling of ugnaught conversation helped easily irritated Bo-Katan.  Perhaps he'll get a diplomatic rank when Mandalore unites.  It may be diplomacy at the end of a blaster at times, but still...
  • Love seeing the Clone Wars battle droids back, and love having Matthew Wood voice them again.
  • Really great fluid movement on the rogue B2 Super Battle droid.  Probably the best they've ever looked.

Space croquet scene:

• Really?  They just keep the large, ceremonial key to the city on a silver platter near them at all times?
  • Really? She knights a child just because he's cute?  (Even so, I wonder if this will provide some unexpected boon in the future.)

Mando battle sequence:

• Good fight. Glad Axe Woves wasn't killed.  I feel like we're just getting to know an important character.
  • Ah, yes, finally.  The payoff for why there was a cyborg on Mandalore to fight.  The puzzle pieces are falling in place.

Looking ahead:

• What factions will need to be brought under the Mandalorian umbrella again still?  I suspect there's still at least one splinter of Death Watch running around, and I'd not be surprised to discover there a break-off pacifist group that followed Duchess Setin and left Mandalore at her death.
  • Is there time enough with two episodes remaining to go after any other factions? 
  • Might we see a surprise alignment with Fenn Rau, presuming he survived to this point?
  • With two episodes until the next long break, is this shaping up into a Mandalorians retake Mandalore?  Mandalorians vs. First Order & Gideon? Mandalorians vs. First Order Mandalorians? Other?
  • Will Vane link up with other pirates and perhaps they will link with Gideon and the First Order?

And of course the two biggest:

• Will Grogu utter his first words?
  • Will Bo-Katan now tame and ride the mythosaur to completely secure her leadership?

Edited by Techwright

Spoiler

I can completely understand why some folks might not care for this episode given the cameos and the comparatively 'casual' feel of it, but I think it works. A much more downbeat, relatively relaxed chapter after the high stakes of the prior two is a nice narrative change of pace, allowing for time where the characters can interact more with the world and setting overall rather than chase after yet another problem immediately at-hand. It was rather like an TTRPG session in that regard, or reminiscent of the side quests in KOTOR - not everything will have the same level of stakes. It isn't like it didn't advance plot points, either. Even if Bo unites the Mandalorian tribes, they're still going to need support and official recognition (moreso than just Carl Weathers, awesome as he is), so gaining more friends in high places is a smart call. Also, with most of the conflict of prior episodes spent on building trust and actively working with the orthodox Mandalorians, it tracks that the less extreme mercenary branch wouldn't take nearly as much persuading. Just give them the proper reason and a proper fight and the deal is done. I'll admit I wouldn't have minded if the Axe Woves stuff had been expanded a bit, but I imagine we might get more of that in the future. He didn't seem to happy about submitting to Bo's leadership after all, even if it was done by the rules.

Edited by El D
  • Thumbs Up 2

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

Spoiler
14 hours ago, El D said:

Just give them the proper reason and a proper fight and the deal is done. I'll admit I wouldn't have minded if the Axe Woves stuff had been expanded a bit, but I imagine we might get more of that in the future. He didn't seem to happy about submitting to Bo's leadership after all, even if it was done by the rules.

I get the feeling the deal is very much not done. Especially if Axe is responsible for busting out Moff Gideon, but in any case - he smells of evilly handsome traitorous git.

• Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:
  Hide contents

I get the feeling the deal is very much not done. Especially if Axe is responsible for busting out Moff Gideon, but in any case - he smells of evilly handsome traitorous git.

Spoiler

Well, of course.  It was his major at HYDRA U.

image.png.c541d5cb73e255f312ddf3a02969e152.png

Edited by Techwright
  • Haha 2

Just a word of caution:

It's been revealed that Star Wars Celebration 2023 showed season 3 episode 7 to the attendees.  As one person commented, that's about 5000 people in one room who could post spoilers.  You might want to ramp up your spoiler protection for the next several days.

They did mention that episode 7 was "probably the best episode of The Mandalorian ever, at least this season".  Something to look forward to.

Okay, so I'm combing through a lot of postings coming out of Star Wars Celebration 2023 taking place in London right now, and I've finally got confirmation on the names of two of the new lightsaber wielders.  I'm not sure if names would count as spoilers, but just for the moment I'll drop them into a spoiler box:

Spoiler

Shin Hati is the blonde wielding a blood-orange saber while attacking a New Republic ship's bridge.  She's apparently apprenticed to...

Baylan Skoll, played by Ray Stevenson, who voiced traitorous Mandalorian Gar Saxon in the various animated works. 

I've heard the name "Baylan" several times these past 24 hours, but many of those saying it have been pronouncing it like "Balin" the dwarf from The Hobbit, leading me to wonder if they'd heard right, or had incorrect info.  With spelling and a last name as well as the name of the apprentice, I think that's finally nailed down.  And this will likely end speculation of the Eternal Emperor, though that character was a body snatcher, so there's a chance, I suppose, that Baylan is another form and name for EE.  But I'm strongly in disbelief at this point.

Finally caught myself up on the last two episodes.

Spoiler

Can we talk about how when Teva arrives suddenly the Mandalorians are in defensive positions? Like, now you fuckers suddenly are wary of shit showing up at your door and taking out your people?

Also yeah, what you all mentioned about them openly admitting to having no ships... How the hell were y'all moving yourselves and shit around then? Considering those jetpacks don't hold enough fuel to make it to that raptor thing's nest, they sure as hell aren't planet jumping with them. Also, what happened to the baby raptors?

The Mandalorians showing up to kick pirate ass was pretty cool though. Think Paz Viszla is more like a Sentinel or Tanker? lol. Loved seeing them work strategically like a military unit, even if it did feel a bit out of the blue compared to the way we've seen them before.

That was a great episode in general though, and I'm curious about the Armorer's sudden change of heart regarding Bo Katan seeing the mythosaur and now having her lead the Mandalorians without her helmet on.

As to the other episode, Star Wars meets Alice in Wonderland... I kind of liked the zany break from the intenseness. JB and L were strange to see, and yet delightful (as was the eventual "villain" of the episode). Definitely worth waiting to IMDB them until after you watch the episode (though I knew who Bombardier and the Duchess were as soon as I saw them and heard their voices).

I didn't find this episode to be a drag the way the Pershing episode was. I actually kind of enjoyed CSI: Mandalorian (as someone else put it) and found myself engaged and enjoying the comedy. We get an interesting dynamic between Bo and Din in how they want to handle matters regarding the droid problem, and Din's one liners about the droids are amusing, if predictable. I loved seeing the Clone Wars era battle droids and watching the Foreman sputter in reaction to Din trying to find the malfunctioning droid. The episode might have been a tad strange, but at least it was paced better and more engaging, imo, than the Pershing episode that made me want to go to sleep or fast-forward through the whole thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

50 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Finally caught myself up on the last two episodes. (responses in orange)

Hide contents

Can we talk about how when Teva arrives suddenly the Mandalorians are in defensive positions? Like, now you fuckers suddenly are wary of shit showing up at your door and taking out your people?

Excellent point.  Two thoughts:  1) after getting attacked repeatedly, the Children of the Watch rethought their defensive strategy.  2) They tend to watch for sentient threats better than other threats.  Neither of these make a very strong argument, though.  Probably just a writer's oversight, unfortunately.

Also yeah, what you all mentioned about them openly admitting to having no ships... How the hell were y'all moving yourselves and shit around then? Considering those jetpacks don't hold enough fuel to make it to that raptor thing's nest, they sure as hell aren't planet jumping with them. Also, what happened to the baby raptors?

Space U-Haul confirmed.  j/k  The raptors are likely either kept in a cavern within the cave complex, or on the backside of the ridge.  While the latter has a greater danger of predators, it makes better sense.  The noise from these 3 echoing in a cave would keep everyone awake.

The Mandalorians showing up to kick pirate ass was pretty cool though. Think Paz Viszla is more like a Sentinel or Tanker? lol. Loved seeing them work strategically like a military unit, even if it did feel a bit out of the blue compared to the way we've seen them before.

Paz is a beast.  I mean, the guy climbed a steep hill wearing that massive gun.  Actually, he'd probably fit the Sentinel mold.  While he is strong, he has been shown to tire (fight with Din) and his preferred fighting style seems to be range-striking.

That was a great episode in general though, and I'm curious about the Armorer's sudden change of heart regarding Bo Katan seeing the mythosaur and now having her lead the Mandalorians without her helmet on.

Ah, I think that's a subtle change.  Despite previously naming Bo-Katan as a "cautionary tale", she allowed Bo to remain at the cave, and even was the only one to voice that Bo fit the Children of the Watch mode on a technicality.  I think Bo's actions since arriving at the cave allowed the armorer to rethink her stance.  Which is great because it means she's not a one-dimensional character spouting dogma.

As to the other episode, Star Wars meets Alice in Wonderland... I kind of liked the zany break from the intenseness. JB and L were strange to see, and yet delightful (as was the eventual "villain" of the episode). Definitely worth waiting to IMDB them until after you watch the episode (though I knew who Bombardier and the Duchess were as soon as I saw them and heard their voices). 

I didn't find this episode to be a drag the way the Pershing episode was. I actually kind of enjoyed CSI: Mandalorian (as someone else put it) and found myself engaged and enjoying the comedy. We get an interesting dynamic between Bo and Din in how they want to handle matters regarding the droid problem, and Din's one liners about the droids are amusing, if predictable. I loved seeing the Clone Wars era battle droids and watching the Foreman sputter in reaction to Din trying to find the malfunctioning droid. The episode might have been a tad strange, but at least it was paced better and more engaging, imo, than the Pershing episode that made me want to go to sleep or fast-forward through the whole thing.

I found it a bit of a bizarre episode, but not a bad one.  What disturbs me is this "cancel culture" vibe (to borrow a term used elsewhere) that has arisen among viewers due to a mere 2 episodes that are less than the other 20 of the entire series.  I'm not talking criticism or critique, but an outright call to throw everything into a dumpster fire.  If that mind-think were applied to all TV series and movies, this world would be greatly lacking in a lot of good material.  Acknowledge the problem, encourage the fix, and enjoy the better bits.  The word out of Celebration, where there was an early showing, is that episode 7 is quite possibly one of the best episodes of the entire show.  

3 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Yeah, I definitely don't think it's worth "cancelling" the Mandalorian just because a couple of episodes are different. Frankly, the Pershing episode was really the only unwatchable episode. Episode 6 is strange, but oddly enjoyable and, imo, doesn't feel like it drags too much.

And frankly, I like having some variety. If all the episodes were more or less the same, the show would get dull. Yeah, Episode 6 is a little stupid with the nods to Alice in Wonderland, but it's got some funny bits and by the end we see how things might keep moving forward.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Yeah, I definitely don't think it's worth "cancelling" the Mandalorian just because a couple of episodes are different. Frankly, the Pershing episode was really the only unwatchable episode. Episode 6 is strange, but oddly enjoyable and, imo, doesn't feel like it drags too much.

And frankly, I like having some variety. If all the episodes were more or less the same, the show would get dull. Yeah, Episode 6 is a little stupid with the nods to Alice in Wonderland, but it's got some funny bits and by the end we see how things might keep moving forward.

Frankly, the Pershing episode would be entirely watchable if they just took it back to the cutting room and edited it to remove unnecessary filler.  I get where they're going with that story. They just took a bicycle when it should have been a Lamborghini.

• Thumbs Up 1