Focused Feedback: Permanent NPC Costume Power Rewards

24 minutes ago, aethereal said:

I get that.  It'd be more appealing to me as a super expensive item if the head were more proportional.

Its a chibi.  They are supposed to be small with an oversized head. 

Can we get a toggle so that players can chibi-size lore pets?  A bit annoying to have a multiple lore pets visually blocking the action.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Lorraine of Pinnacle said:

Its a chibi.  They are supposed to be small with an oversized head.

Yeah, thanks, I have been, you know, alive for the last 30 years.  But there are plenty of reasons why people might want a small costume without it being chibi, or without it being so aggressively chibi.

16 hours ago, The Curator said:

or purchased from other players.

Does this mean that this Aether will be purchasable the regular way, using Inf in the AH? And if so, will this resource be seeded in the AH, setting a "reasonable price", as were done with Salvage?

There are a lot of farmers with very large coffers out there...

Edited by Tuft
added salvage example

14 hours ago, Vanden said:

Anyone else think the Mini costume is too small? Like, I toggle on Super Speed and my character disappears into the speed sparks.

Welcome to the Girls of Nukem High where you are always shorter than the water, all mists and in general most kitchen tables 🙂

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Jennifer Chilly, Flattery, Betty Beatdown, Barbara Burns, Band Camp Barbie

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

13 hours ago, Mystic Fortune said:

Capes do not appear to scale down with the mini mode costume power. In fact on the huge model, larger capes become almost like a huge tent.

minidracula.JPG.c5bc288a13de319deecab87865d5c441.JPG

minimummy.JPG.813e42f4c8b01f3cd4b0934b40b93b05.JPG

minimrhyde.JPG.ec335d8c25b2257a1d80fbcbea720d4a.JPG

these look great to me. what fun. thanks for posting pics.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

17 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

I'll compare it to people who have 20+ characters with all 1500+ badges, and then complain every time we add any new badges that they now have to do that badge grind 20+ times in a row.

That very much depends on the type of content. I see there are new story arcs and badge missions. I'm excited to run my badgers through them. Then I see these salvage badges that will take weeks of grinding per character and it's depressing. Not all badges are the same and grindy badges are just bad.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

• Developer
20 minutes ago, Burk said:

That very much depends on the type of content. I see there are new story arcs and badge missions. I'm excited to run my badgers through them. Then I see these salvage badges that will take weeks of grinding per character and it's depressing. Not all badges are the same and grindy badges are just bad.

Next patch the Aether costume requirements for the tiered badges will be lowered to 1/5/10 down from 1/10/25, reducing the minimum required Aether to get all three tiers and the accolade badge down from 300 to 150.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

On 7/12/2022 at 8:56 PM, aethereal said:

Yeah, thanks, I have been, you know, alive for the last 30 years.  But there are plenty of reasons why people might want a small costume without it being chibi, or without it being so aggressively chibi.

That could be a later reward addition, as I’m certain there will be more added over time.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

• Developer
2 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

Just how easy is it to transfer this new currency to alts? Hoping we can put them into base storage. Having to mail them will be a PITA.

Aether can be traded like any other unbound salvage, sold on the AH, or placed in base storage bins.

• Thumbs Up 3

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Red side, best side!

• Developer
3 hours ago, Jaguaratron said:

Any chance of adding more than the current existing? I always prefered Tyrants pre-going rogue appearance to the later version and would be happy to se that as a t3 for example

The system is designed to be expanded upon, expect lots more costumes later on!

👍

• Thumbs Up 2

Red side, best side!

Okay... while I am glad to see the old Circle guys in there, for Tavaris and Arte's sake I have to grump a little about not including the Death Mage and Madness Mage.

(What? My Life Mage and two favorite Thorn Wielders are ladies. Those old-school Boy's Club uniforms won't do much for them. 😆 )

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

"but can also be obtained over time from first Weekly Strike Target completions on a max level character or purchased from other players."

I like this part, will it be through auction house? I see on beta that someone has been able to purchase two at this time. Will the be stored in special salvage?

Also this was fun to fly around with I'm still testing out the tier one costumes to see if they can travel okay with fly/test aggro etc with some of them. 

image.png

Edited by Zappalina
I left out a whole sentence that I meant to quote :)

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg

The enemies were a little puzzled by what was happening. I was wearing the Crey Cryogenicist costume on a random hunt in Talos (on a level 50) and after defeating two in a group some of them ran around and away some fired on her and one of them the freak enforcer  just stayed where they were. (picture)

When I turned off the toggle costume they all ran away and looked back at her some fired shots some just ran - except the one that ran to the hospital police drone and disappeared.

image.thumb.png.6eb0c1f17ca669f3f49abe369b53e146.png

Untitled.jpg

image.thumb.png.c3c05f1e2c24d990f9dd4bab20391306.png

Freaklok - neat option & fun to run around on.

Going through some of the first tier options there was no more aggro weird stuff going on, I toggled on the Rikti costumes and ran through the first mission with powers both off and on and got recognized. I'm assuming that it would be cool to get Mind powers and become a defector Rikti Priest running around, like I can see the costumes fitting into the game for some people.  They're a cool option, they may not be for everyone but so far I like them.

Edited by Zappalina
spelling error

Untitled.jpg

I really like the mini costumes! they are both funny and the idea of them - cute.  I would like to see a Hamidon raid with a bunch of minis.   The blob costume aura is nice with the bubbles and energy coming off in the aura, it looks a little bit brighter with my invul tankers powers running so I like that powers are able to affect the hologram costume settings.

• Thumbs Up 1

Untitled.jpg

My dream deluxe costume item tier 3+ wish list would be the customizing some of the really unique and cool npc costume pieces. If they were super hard to earn this would be so cool. Things like

- Shadowhunter's Bear headdress

- Clamour's arm,

- Vandals blast hand

- Ascendant Archon mask

- Recluse furry collar

- Hero 1 cape

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is great!  I've wanted to roll up a rogue Malta Gunslinger (DP/Devices blaster) or a ghost pirate (Sword / Dark Scrapper), but haven't because I don't want to shell out halloween salvage every other week just to stay in costume.