• Rikti Cannon
  • Retro Rifle
  • Resistance Rifle
  • Rune Soldier Rifle
  • DUNE Cannon
  • Vanguard Rifle w/ Bayonet
  • Elite Vanguard Rifle w/Bayonet

Arachnos Assault Rifle

• Arachnos Assault Rifle now has access to all the same options available to Assault Rifle/Munitions Rifle.
  • Added FX to the Vanguard Redding Rifle options that animates the energy bayonet when the Arachnos Soldier Bayonet power is used.

Ninja Blade

• Stalker primary Ninja Blade, Blaster secondary Ninja Training, and Sentinel epic pool Ninja Training now use a dedicated Ninja Blade weapon option that integrates with the sheathed weapon system.
  • Ninja Blade weapons now draw from the back instead of the hip, adhering to the ninja theme, and have access to all the same weapon options available to Katana.
  • This update involves revoking costume keys in the database, which means existing characters may need to visit the tailor to update their costume after the change.
  • We'll be granting free costume change tokens to all characters on Page 4's launch to accompany this adjustment.

Munitions Rifle

• Blaster epic pool Munitions Mastery's weapon model slot now uses WepR_2 instead of WepR, which was causing conflicts with Beam Rifle and Dual Pistols.
  • Assault Rifle and Beam Rifle characters can now independently choose their Munitions Rifle custom weapon option, as it now occupies it's own slot.
  • Munitions Rifle has access to all the same weapon options available to Assault Rifle.
  • This update involves revoking costume keys in the database, which means existing characters may need to visit the tailor to update their costume after the change.
  • We'll be granting free costume change tokens to all characters on Page 4's launch to accompany this adjustment.

Custom Weapon Fixes

• Rularuu's Fury scale and offsets were adjusted slightly to accommodate the two-handed animations used with Arachnos Maces.
  • A number of custom weapon FX were using generic calls that could cause your custom weapon to appear improperly with certain other powers, these have been given unique calls so that should no longer happen.
  • The ranged weapon firing point desync bug caused by having two custom weapons that were valid child entities has been fixed; This was most commonly seen in Blasters/Sentinels who took Assault Rifle or Beam Rifle + Ninja Training.
  • Like 3

drats, this is going to mess up my tommy gun beam rifle character i got going on by not having the munitions rifle replace the beam rifle-- any hope of having proliferation of ar to br skins? or will i just have to never touch my costumes again else i lose my weapon to something i don't want?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brattycommissar2 said:

drats, this is going to mess up my tommy gun beam rifle character i got going on by not having the munitions rifle replace the beam rifle-- any hope of having proliferation of ar to br skins? or will i just have to never touch my costumes again else i lose my weapon to something i don't want?

I believe there will eventually be plans to port models to BR; I just know there were some animations bugs that needed to be resolved first related to BR

Behold my altitis

Webmistress Shelob - Crab Spider Soldier (50)

Bulldog Palmieri - AR/Devices Blaster (50)

Queen I - Elec/FF Controller (50)

Sir Bedrock - Fire/Stone Brute (50)

There's a lot to love in this update! I do have the same concern as @brattycommissar2 though, I've had a beam rifle/munitions mastery blaster for awhile that has been using the tommy gun model for my beam rifle on some costume slots. Hopefully we can get those assault rifle models ported to the beam rifles in the same way that many of the beam rifle customizations have been proliferated to assault/munitions rifles.

Unrelated, my arachnos soldier will be very happy with the new assortment of guns he's allowed to use!

Edited by Fade
You always catch a spelling error the moment you hit submit.

3 hours ago, The Curator said:
  • Knives of Artemis Blade

IT BEGINS...

Serious question, btw:  Any plans to have unequipped shields do something similar, or is that more trouble than it's worth? Also, noticed that TW energy weapons stay turned on when sheathed. Known issue or no?

Edited by buttrevolver
thought i deleted that; also, had an actual question

• Developer

For those asking, the reason only Assault Rifle got proliferated with new models is because I started with getting Assault Rifle's sheathed modes done, and ran face-first into the desync knee-firing rifle bug, which would happen on everyone using the sheathed ranged weapons.

That forced us to pause proliferating and adding sheathed stuff to Beam Rifle, Pulse Rifle, Archery, etc. until we squashed that FX bug, which ended up being a really nasty hard-coded child FX attachment logic problem. We got it squished, but by that time, Page 4 was nearly finished.

Expect proliferated weapon models and sheathed display on the ranged weapon powersets next Page.

• Like 13
  • Thumbs Up 2

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

4 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

For those asking, the reason only Assault Rifle got proliferated with new models is because I started with getting Assault Rifle's sheathed modes done, and ran face-first into the desync knee-firing rifle bug, which would happen on everyone using the sheathed ranged weapons.

That forced us to pause proliferating and adding sheathed stuff to Beam Rifle, Pulse Rifle, Archery, etc. until we squashed that FX bug, which ended up being a really nasty hard-coded child FX attachment logic problem. We got it squished, but by that time, Page 4 was nearly finished.

Expect new weapon models and sheathed display on the ranged weapon powersets next Page.

I've got a character bugged on live with that rifle knee firing bug, and no matter how many times I remade them it still kept happening, so I'm hopeful they'll finally be fixed with this update. 🙂

Also, if I may be cheeky, when do you think we'll get access to the broadsword version of Excalibur? 😄

Edited by Britannic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Could we get Carnival of Shadows Rapier ported to Dual Blades as well?  I know that canonically, the Carnival of Shadows fencers use only one blade, but given that a PC wielding the CoS rapier is going to be a special snowflake of some kind anyway, it doesn't seem crazy to make a dual-wielding option.  Normal rapiers are already in DB, so obviously the powerset's animations and everything work with them.

Edited by aethereal
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• City Council
1 hour ago, Britannic said:

I've got a character bugged on live with that rifle knee firing bug, and no matter how many times I remade them it still kept happening, so I'm hopeful they'll finally be fixed with this update. 🙂

Also, if I may be cheeky, when do you think we'll get access to the broadsword version of Excalibur? 😄

Try copying them over to brainstorm to see what happens -- it SHOULD finally be fixed.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Curator said:

Blaster epic pool Munitions Mastery's weapon model slot now uses WepR_2 instead of WepR, which was causing conflicts with Beam Rifle and Dual Pistols.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG THANK YOU!!!

I just tested this and it works perfectly.  My Dual Pistols blaster is forever grateful.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

• City Council
1 hour ago, blue4333 said:

The Carnival of Shadows rapier seems to disappear when it's getting drawn from the sheathed position

image_2022-07-13_122216098.png

It may add some tedium to testing, but take a look at it in game too. We can't always assume what is seen in costume creator translates to in game (this goes both ways, things that look right in costume creator may not in game)

6 minutes ago, Booper said:

It may add some tedium to testing, but take a look at it in game too. We can't always assume what is seen in costume creator translates to in game (this goes both ways, things that look right in costume creator may not in game)

Yeah i think it's replicated in game as well.

image.thumb.png.69427a58d2c028d61cfec3c8763a1009.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Psi said:

image.png.1a40bf290bcbab5b314ead9f62351554.png

Any possibility to get the police baton(s) ported to Dual Blades as well? 🥺

There are so many weapons I would love to see proliferated into sets that may not seem appropriate to the damage type. At least for me, what the character is doing is far less important than how they look while doing it.

Also, any love for Tsoo Kama possible? I know it's available as a temp power in St. Martial, so it shouldn't be difficult to add into axe/sword powersets.

• Like 2

Yeah I'd love the new police baton ported to dual blades. Or even the nightstick from war mace. It feels like CoH's never had any Nightwing style weaponry of his twin batons which is a pretty popular hero weapon in general. Black Widow too etc. Though as said in the thread it might not be appropriate to the damage type. But perhaps it could make a cool new power set idea? A mix between War Mace and Dual Blades. Take some War Mace powers, take some Dual Blades powers, add some smash damage, maybe some electric stuff near the end for electrified batons and BAM. Nightwing power set!

• Like 2

I took two shakes to glance at the new Mace, "Power Maul," last night.  It's cool, always glad to see mor tech-themed hittin' sticks.  But unless I'm wrong, it seems to only inherit a single color.  Any chance it could get two color values, one for the weapon and one for the energy glow?

• Like 1