Focused Feedback: Custom Weapon Expansion

21 hours ago, The Curator said:

Vanguard 'MAGI'

Custom colours for the MAGI options are a bit... tricky to work with. It seems there's an inherent particle effect that you need to combine with the custom selection in order to achieve what colour you want.

I was testing this on a staff Brute who is generally black/gold in theme and the only way I could achieve a gold particle effect on the MAGI version of the staff was to select turquoise.

If I pick the same row of colours that give gold the result is blue:

Spoiler

YellowMagi.thumb.jpg.43f955320313927548f89ba71cea9f93.jpg

If I pick the teal blue/turquoise option however I end up with something that matches the rest of the costume

Spoiler

GoldMagi.thumb.jpg.e0a5126ff17b3815e05d1680d23f1ba5.jpg

How the staff appears in game when the primary is the above turquoise.

Spoiler

active.jpg.96717dd2af668c745ee99ef82c580ca7.jpg

Additionally the purple Vanguard markings cannot be edited on either version of the staff

Spoiler

staffback.thumb.jpg.03b38dd41c285e061dc3a1de4fb25956.jpg

Same thing happens with other MAGI variants like with War Mace.

"Orange/gold" gives blue

Spoiler

bluemace.thumb.jpg.8938f6e592ad3911ca732ae323821c7c.jpg

While turquoise gives "gold".

Spoiler

goldmace.thumb.jpg.8cad3586934d8293a489b5ffd187395d.jpg

11 minutes ago, Generator said:

I took two shakes to glance at the new Mace, "Power Maul," last night.  It's cool, always glad to see mor tech-themed hittin' sticks.  But unless I'm wrong, it seems to only inherit a single color.  Any chance it could get two color values, one for the weapon and one for the energy glow?

Technically it's an old mace since it's pre-GR Dominatrix trash mob weapons.

Spoiler

Trainer.jpg.933d66699f13175faee7f696bed02427.jpg

You can change the colour though it encounters the same problems I've outlined in the rest of this post.

• Thanks 1

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

14 hours ago, Number Six said:

Try copying them over to brainstorm to see what happens -- it SHOULD finally be fixed.

Note, this does not resolve the beam rifle attack "Single Shot" doing a standing on the ground animation when being fired when flying

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

Are there any plans to add scaled up versions of existing weapons to Titan Weapons?  Such as Katanas, Ninja Blades, Chinese swords etc? 

omg, giant katana. Yes. Let me release my inner weeb!

• Haha 1

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the inclusion of the Power Maul!  Now my modern, giant brute Fightanic can have something modern and slick while not looking like he purchased a weapon at a Ren Fair. My only other desire in this is that the colors could work, especially for the energy discharge, but I realize that's a bit much to ask.  I will point out that I was confused at first as it shows I can select 2 colors, though neither affects the results, of course. (In my defense I visited Icon before I had my morning cup o' joe.) Might there be an opportunity to hide the color "options" for those weapons that are not color-customizable, sparing confusion for poor addled minds that haven't had their daily infusion of caffeine yet?

Everything else so far has been without issues.

image.thumb.png.5417b1fccdbf62b9f9f1d60ed6602b4c.png

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

My only other desire in this is that the colors could work, especially for the energy discharge, but I realize that's a bit much to ask.  I will point out that I was confused at first as it shows I can select 2 colors, though neither affects the results, of course. (In my defense I visited Icon before I had my morning cup o' joe.) Might there be an opportunity to hide the color "options" for those weapons that are not color-customizable, sparing confusion for poor addled minds that haven't had their daily infusion of caffeine yet?

Huh?  For me, the first color selection changes the color of the energy.  (The second color appears to do nothing).

847547494_ScreenShot2022-07-17at8_25_35AM.thumb.png.dc8670babe1670d9e1e2dd0f81cc998c.png514657598_ScreenShot2022-07-17at8_25_47AM.thumb.png.f5ce6421f6a4d28758a39747c861ce73.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 8.26.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 8.27.07 AM.png

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, aethereal said:

Huh?  For me, the first color selection changes the color of the energy.  (The second color appears to do nothing).

847547494_ScreenShot2022-07-17at8_25_35AM.thumb.png.dc8670babe1670d9e1e2dd0f81cc998c.png514657598_ScreenShot2022-07-17at8_25_47AM.thumb.png.f5ce6421f6a4d28758a39747c861ce73.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 8.26.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 8.27.07 AM.png

Thanks, I'll go back and investigate.  I'm not really sure why I didn't see it when I changed colors on my beta test.  I had a dark red I was attempting to use.  Hoping it was a fluke.

1 hour ago, aethereal said:

Got it, and now realize my mistake (Did I mention I was lacking coffee? :classic_blush: ).  I'd started with the weapon sheathed, and was assuming the white dots that supposedly generate the energy discharge represented one of the colors.  Since neither the stick nor the dots changed colors on my attempts, I'd assumed it was everything.  Once I dispensed with the sheathing, it was clear to see the one color change available: the electrical field.

I love all of these new options, more stuff available for customization is wonderful.

If I could be selfish, I'd like to ask for more blades for Titan Weapons--we got a lot of blunt smashy stuff and only one pseudo-kind-of cutty stuff.

That's purely selfish, though! This is still absolutely fantastic as it is!

• 3 weeks later
On 7/15/2022 at 5:55 PM, ShardWarrior said:

Are there any plans to add scaled up versions of existing weapons to Titan Weapons?  Such as Katanas, Ninja Blades, Chinese swords etc? 

Also: Scythe weapons for that Grim Reaper within

25 alts with all the badges!

Possible clipping consideration: many backpacks and flight packs.
Possible clipping consideration: Dual Blade and Arachnos Mace.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

That rapier makes me tingly!  Might have to un-retire my dual blades toon.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I just noticed that Grave Knight is not being expanded to Katana / Ninja, which is a grave oversight...

Also, while it is understandable to have the Ninja Blade on the back, is it possible to provide either back or hip option for Blaster - Ninja Training, as there is no Samurai Training option, leaving hip-sheathed swords off the table for Blasters...

Honestly, if we’re adding ports, two models I’ve always wanted ported to Katana is Excalibur and the Barbarian Longsword. Though I do think the latter would need some model adjustments to work for Katana.

edit:

*liked by CA*
*DEUS VULT INTENSIFIES!*

Edited by Sakura Tenshi
  • Thumbs Up 2