Focused Feedback: Badges & Emotes

• Developer

Badges

New Badges 

• badge_i27_arc_valeria.png.3003ec16579cfbea2a1ea2c1eb67b227.png The Shadow Out of Time - Complete Sister Valeria's story arc in Cimerora.
  • badge_i27_defeat_5thcolumn_goliathtwins.png.e1b86276395707a0f17a37724950306b.png Freezer Burn - Defeat the new boss encounter in the Imperious Task Force on Advanced Difficulty.
  • badge_i27_defeat_ravenna.png.79506e41b7ea65a1f676d8aa3ff53db3.png Brother/Sister of Corruption - Defeat 100 members of the Ravenna Conclave.
  • badge_stature_07alt.png.bf73baf6227a5a87a30fb75faaeec4ea.png Pecking Order - Complete the badge mission "Lost Motivation", listed as arc 0.42 under 'Champion (Level 25-29)' bracket in Ouroboros.
  • badge_stature_12alt.png.93ff61defd67643b6986963d5aa00ec9.png Traditionalist FoilComplete the badge mission "Revelation: Rikti Factions", listed as arc 0.43 under 'Vindicator (Level 35-39)' bracket in Ouroboros.
  • badge_i27_aethercostume1.png.0630bf9b4ae8423ca670ee7fc28c88cb.png Mimic - Purchase a costume power using Prismatic Aether Particle salvage.
  • badge_i27_aethercostume2.png.f9649b5e4b9ff00108b3dcd060da211b.png Doppelganger - Purchase ten costume powers using Prismatic Aether Particle salvage.
  • badge_i27_aethercostume3.png.331338b9acc0a311632d57561f6a40fa.png Shapeshifter - Purchase twenty-five costume powers using Prismatic Aether Particle salvage.
  • badge_i27_holographiccontrolmatrix.png.0b2da0d5553a8eb16d0d5b7a643ea832.png Hologram - Purchase the BL-22c Holographic Matrix accolade from the BenevoLabs vendors found at any Vault Reserve store location for 50 Prismatic Aether Salvage.

Badge Adjustments

• Strike Force badges now display a hint in the Accomplishments tab when a villain or rogue is high enough level to qualify for them, similar to Task Force badges currently do.
  • Worthy Opponent - Now displays a badge hint to complete the flashback challenge of Lord Recluse's Strike Force found in Ouroboros after earning the 'Servant of Recluse' badge from the normal version.
  • History In The Making - Unlocks Cimerora as an exit destination on the Ouroboros zone exit portal.
  • Temporal Strife - Unlocks Cimerora as an exit destination on the Ouroboros zone exit portal.

Badge Fixes

• Added alignment-specific text to the villain 3 million, 5 million, and 10 million healing badges.
  • Fortunata Seer Gladiator - Fixed issue where some Fortunata enemies found in the 44-54 range did not grant badge credit.

Tour Guides

• Tour Guide tips and missions added for all eight Cimerora exploration badges that unlock the 'History In The Making' accolade.
  • As with previous Tour Guide missions, these tips only drop from mobs defeated in Cimerora and only if you don't already have the exploration accolade for the zone. Each mission points you to one of the exploration badges you don't have and provides fun optional reading.

Proliferated Emotes

New Emotes

• Added '/em defeated' emote utilizing the often-requested Recluse Collapse animation. Located under 'Actions' in the emote listing.
  • Added '/em casting' emote which is a version of the one-handed power cast animation on a cycle. Located under 'Interact' in the emote listing.
  • Added '/em channel' emote which is a version of the two-handed raise cast animation on a cycle. Located under 'Interact' in the emote listing.

Emote Fixes

• '/em newspaper' on Male characters should no longer fall out of sync with the page flipping. If you notice this occurring on Female, Huge or NPCs (this is alignment dependent) please report it on the forums.
  • '/em calculate' has had its sound removed temporarily.
  • Corrected duplicate 'Inspiration' label to 'Train Whistle' in the pop-menu.
  • Corrected command typo of 'MixForumula' to 'MixFormula' in the pop-menu.
  • Winter Donut added to Drenched Donuts Menu.
  • Spooky Donut added to Drenched Donuts Menu.
  • The Drenched Donuts menu no longer requires a badge to unlock.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadeknight said:

It's an optional thing, like badges. They'll always be there.

That's the thing when did all this become not fun.  The game is about fun not a grind.  Last issue put a badge in that is very hard to get Worthy Opponent.  Unless you get on a good team planning it good luck.  No teams were even running it.  I mentioned this in beta before it pushed and was brushed off.   Yes some changes are good but the overall direction of this issue does not make me want to come back and play.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, nofx242 said:

That's the thing when did all this become not fun.  The game is about fun not a grind.  Last issue put a badge in that is very hard to get Worthy Opponent.  Unless you get on a good team planning it good luck.  No teams were even running it.  I mentioned this in beta before it pushed and was brushed off.   Yes some changes are good but the overall direction of this issue does not make me want to come back and play.

I mean, there’s always a grind in MMOs. This isn’t out of the ordinary. It’s also for vanity costumes that don’t actually impact your character one bit. If you don’t want to play almost all available content for a shot at the salvage needed for the badges, guess what, you can even buy it on the AH.

You want an annoying badge, the final Damage Taken badge. These are nothing compared to that grind.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, The Curator said:
  • badge_i27_aethercostume3.png.331338b9acc0a311632d57561f6a40fa.png Shapeshifter - Purchase twenty-five costume powers using Prismatic Aether Particle salvage.

My initial thought was this seems a little grindy, particularly for a badge being introduced YEARS after the game returned.

Having said that, I'll concede that I can't really judge how grindy this is going to be.  In maybe, oh, 3 months I should have a good grasp on typical Aether earning rates for my main and other characters.

So, at this point, I think the dev team should just be mindful of adding seriously grindy badges at this point in the games life.  Adding something like the original sets of influence or damage taken badges at this point would be completely outrageous.  Possible slippery slope here that should be watched for.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

• Developer

It's not character locked, can be traded and bought... let someone else grind for you 😁🤌

• Thanks 1

hc_sig copy.jpg

There comes a time in which all stories must come to an end. It's a shame, hero, that you and your people aren't writing the end of yours. We've taken it upon ourselves to be the author of this universe's story, and your chapter will be added to the ever-growing story of how we dictated the path for all life.

• Developer

Aether will come delivered by drone, but as I am currently next to an airport, it was all lost in an engine strike. 

hc_sig copy.jpg

There comes a time in which all stories must come to an end. It's a shame, hero, that you and your people aren't writing the end of yours. We've taken it upon ourselves to be the author of this universe's story, and your chapter will be added to the ever-growing story of how we dictated the path for all life.

1 hour ago, The Caretaker said:

It's not character locked, can be traded and bought... let someone else grind for you 😁🤌

(shrug)  I have exactly one badge hunter and he's personally carrying about 1.5 billion.

It's not an issue to me, but it seems a mite grindy in general.  Not terrible, but let's not have this be the first step in a downward spiral.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

13 hours ago, The Caretaker said:

I will accept that argument only when I seed the sell price at anything reasonable, because with them being mostly small amounts from anything other than advanced difficulty, I could see them going for hundreds of millions easily. That would mean I wouldn't even have enough cash for one of my badgers, let alone all of them, without grinding for them myself.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

• Developer

Next patch the Aether costume requirements for the tiered badges will be lowered to 1/5/10 down from 1/10/25, reducing the minimum required Aether to get all three tiers and the accolade badge down from 300 to 150.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

8 minutes ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Next patch the Aether costume requirements for the tiered badges will be lowered to 1/5/10 down from 1/10/25,

Cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/12/2022 at 7:32 PM, Starforge said:

I mean, there’s always a grind in MMOs. This isn’t out of the ordinary. It’s also for vanity costumes that don’t actually impact your character one bit. If you don’t want to play almost all available content for a shot at the salvage needed for the badges, guess what, you can even buy it on the AH.

You want an annoying badge, the final Damage Taken badge. These are nothing compared to that grind.

Damage dealt imo harder than damage taken. 

Edit: I haven't had any concrete earning to time ratio to expand upon the rarity or cost to benefit. It would require a bit more time than I've got to spend at the moment. On the other hand, I see collecting these new costume badges as optional and I don't really care what the grind is because if I want it, I'll earn it. 

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Try it as a Blaster using the Medicine Pool to get Heal badges.  Dante didn't know crap about hell!

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

3 minutes ago, lemming said:

Rebirth in Mercy is the fastest there.

I've heard that recently.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

With regards to a couple of these, some additional details might be useful. Some may choose to test these out in the organic level range, as opposed to doing so exemplared from 50.  

Pecking Order - Complete the badge mission "Lost Motivation", listed as arc 0.42 under 'Champion (Level 25-29)' bracket in Ouroboros.

For those that want to know: Contact name: Eliza Thorpe, Talos Island,  /thumbtack -3090 110 9065

and if you can't tell from the category label of "Champion", you'll need to be Hero/Vigilante to initiate this. 

Traditionalist Foil Complete the badge mission "Revelation: Rikti Factions", listed as arc 0.43 under 'Vindicator (Level 35-39)' bracket in Ouroboros.

Contact Name: Steve Sheridan, Bricks, /thumbtack 255 0 1425
and again, gotta be hero/vig to start it. 

• 2 weeks later

Found a minor typo in the description for the 'Traditionalist Foil' badge. The second-to-last word is incorrectly spelled 'Tradtionalist' (missing an i)