Focused Feedback: Architect Entertainment

Overall it doesn't affect me as I have never farmed vet levels and don't have a farmer, But I don't really see the positive of this and if I did farm, it sure wouldn't push me to do itrials and nightmare difficulty stuff. Removing content I'd enjoy wouldn't push me to do content I don't enjoy. I'd just play far less. I don't think changes like this are positive in an 18 year old game. It's a change the should have been made at launch of the servers. I also don't feel the xp boosters should be changed because everyone is used to it now. Even if it was a bug, it wouldn't first time in game development history where a bug was discovered way later and ended up left in because everyone basically liked it and no one complained. Sometimes bugs evolve into features.

Again though, it doesn't really affect me as I don't have a farmer. I am just not sold on the benefits and my choice would be to not go through with it. But I won't really be affected regardless of if this staying or not. I also feel this would be more likely to cause people to just do even more mindless Council only papers/radios, or do what was done in the old days. Get a mission that is good for farming and keep resetting it and never complete it. Farming predates AE.

Edited by Toony
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

Not all of us with objections run AFK.

I'm strictly an active-only farmer,

I just want to say that it's worth noting: Just because something can be done actively doesn't mean an afk application of it isn't out of hand. 

Especially in the case of a mechanic that on live only gave AE tickets, I think it's very generous that they aren't kicking inf farming in the face.

• Thumbs Down 1

I am not sure, if it's been mentioned in this thread, or if it should go into Enemy Group Adjustments thread instead (it feels more relevant here), but since Void Hunters are now their own separate group, I beg of you to add Unbound Nictus, from minion to boss ranks, to the Nictus Enemy Group in AE. As-is, it only has boss-rank Dwarves/Novas, and the only way to get Unbound Nictus is to use Storm Elementals and pretend they're Nictus.

• Like 1

An oddity or bug perhaps?

When I hit 50 on a new character in AE, it kept saying "You gain 0 experience," which I understand is expected now, but I did NOT receive any Inf either.  I went out to train and returned.  I got the same 0 XP message, started earning incarnate XP, but I am still not earning any influence.  I WENT BACK TO CHECK THIS AND REALIZED THAT I HAD USED THE FREEBIES MENU TO GET 2 BILLION INF, THEREFORE NO INF REWARDS.  DISREGARD

Edited to add:

I've run several popular farms, my own farm, and some lesser known farms.  The XP/Inf are all over the place.  If the publishers are still around, they should consider editing their critters.  And farmers should monitor their rewards and perhaps make their own or find one that provides a better return.

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ok, I have read everything written here, have played on the Beta server, have done a little bit of solo AE content there, and this is how I see things atm. Overall, I believe the Dev's have done a fairly good job in this new Issue, and again I am impressed at how much work had to be put into it, and am thankful that we have a game LONG since "officially" dead as a MMO that we can still play, by a team of active people who make no money off of it, have personal lives to attend to, but still are here trying to give us a game that wouldn't even be here in this form if not for them. So please try to understand that here, as in life, nothing is perfect, and sometimes we may not always get what we want, but we can at least try and get what we need. And that is CoH on Homecoming, and I for one am very thankful for that blessing (because it could be FAR worse than it is atm).

That being said, I would like to mention my general & specific views on the AE change's if I may, even though I am no expert on farming or AE in general at all. The first is this... As far as "nerf's" goes, the AE one's were fairly minor individually, but as @Bionic_Flea pointed out in his 1st post here on pg 5, the combination of many of these small changes, does impact things in AE semi-greatly. One on one, not so much so, but collectively it does. This may not be a "bad" thing in the future, as only time will tell, but atm it seems like it just might. Because remember, while a small change might not lead to a bad result, several of them involving one thing (such as AE) might just add up to being a very big and bad deal.

In regards to the Incarnate rewards, I also believe @nyttyn suggestion involving them being able to be still gained by implementing them into the hero ticket system might just be a great way to balance things, as it would not only solve the Incarnate rewards tears, it would also make the tickets a worth wild thing to get now (as everyone always tells me to ignore them, as the standard rewards you get are far better overall). Things in life, as in the best of games, are about balance, and in this regards @nyttyn suggestion actually kills two birds with one stone, and in my mind that would be a good thing. Would it work in the long term? I have no idea, but at least someone is trying to figure out a nice balance solution to the issue.

Now as far as nerf's goes, I have been a long time player of games my whole life, and having even dealt with business', I can tell you absolutely one thing is certain and is constantly done, and that is this; it is FAR easier to nerf something, then to "fix" an issue or add to it. Case in point... upon moving into our new home many, many decades ago, we discovered that at one time there was a fire in the kitchen which burnt all the cabinets over the kitchen counters. So what was done to fix them? The landlord decided that just painting over them was the best solution to the problem, instead of tearing them down and rebuilding them.

Remember, money is time, and time is money, and in a business sense, this was the most cost effective way to solve the problem of the cabinets. Was it the best one (or healthiest)? Not at all! But it was the cheapest way to do it, and that also applies to CoH's and Homecoming here folks. The Dev's have little budget, time, or resources, to do things as we wish them to do (in many cases), so they instead "nerf" things they view as a issue/problem, as it is the easiest & simplest way to solve it. And guess what...? It is neither right or wrong, or good or bad. It is just how things have always been done in gaming in general, as in life. Because it is NOT personal, it is just business. That is why nerfs are done in games (and maybe here in this instance), as some people have asked. Which leads me to my next point...

As has been said numerous times already, this has NOT destroyed AE, but it has affected it negatively to a lesser or greater extent, depending on how people use it; that is a fact. Which is why I for one am very eager to hear/read what the Dev's reasons are for these changes to AE. And I don't mean superficial explanations either; I mean specific, pointed, and transparent reasons for the changes (even if it goes against their instincts). My father (God bless his soul) was a WWII Naval Communications Officer, and war hero, and was very much part of the battle of Midway & even the development of the first Radar systems, and he always had a line that he drilled into me and everyone else. And that is "A lack of communication can get people killed".

Now of course no one is going to lose their life or minds (hopefully) over the recent issue changes in AE lol, and in certainly an excessive example here, BUT it speaks to what the Dev's are planning to do with these Diaries. If it is going to be used to explain their reasonings, it better (imho) be done in a specific, transparent, and pointed way as to actually explain things, other then "We don't like A,B,or C is, so we are changing it". The why's matter here, and I would hope and pray that the Dev's shine a very bright transparent light on this, good or bad as it may be, because while these changes are not catastrophic at all, it has and WILL affect people playing the game, and maybe even make them decide whether to stay or not. And I may be dumb at times, but even I know that Homecoming doesn't need ANY population numbers dropping at all. That is just asking for trouble.

We need more people to come play Homecoming, not less, remember that Dev's, so please I humbly ask that you take my "dumb" advice seriously; Clear, transparent, specific reasons for the AE nerf changes, not less... please. Anywho, I have a lot more I could say on the subject (as I have taken many notes about this post and the Beta server), but seeing how much I have written (sorry about that), I think I should stop here for now. Overall, I think the changes are ok (at least on the Beta server), but I am not wise enough to know how bad these changes will affect live once it hits, as only a small number of people who play live post here, but it could be very, very bad indeed (or even just a eventual "meh" response). Time will tell as they say, but I for one am still thankful the Dev's put out the Issue they did, and cared enough to do it in the first place. So from me to you Dev's, Thank you...

Peace...

Edited by TrelNargil
Dang spelling errors... :(
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, America's Angel said:

Already have. Check the second post in this thread for an AFK farming build & map.

I just tested an AFK build and on two meteor maps (including the one mentioned) and it's not viable. I had 49% Fire Def, 90% Fire Res.  I might still be viable with lesser mobs, on a cave map, or if you stay on the edge of the map, but something will have the change.

28 minutes ago, Griffyn said:

I just tested an AFK build and on two meteor maps (including the one mentioned) and it's not viable. I had 49% Fire Def, 90% Fire Res.  I might still be viable with lesser mobs, on a cave map, or if you stay on the edge of the map, but something will have the change.

Download the AFK build I put in the second post in this thread. Use that. It has more mitigation than whatever build you're currently using.

Edited by America's Angel

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

33 minutes ago, America's Angel said:

Download the AFK build I put in the second post in this thread. Use that. It has more mitigation than whatever build you're currently using.

Can you post the full text for those without Mids access? Or PM me.

(Or just state what makes it even stronger than capped Fire Res/Def. Regen or HP or something? Please state if it’s implied that I need special macros…)

Edited by arcane

For the record this doesn't personally impact me in any way shape or form.  I've got a ton of E Merits, most of which I didn't even get from AE to begin with.  I tend to play characters in Incarnate content to gather their parts as I feel it's more efficient that way.  It's content I enjoy, I get parts for doing it that I don't have to use merits on.  But I do recognize that I'm a bit of a special case.

I'm actually glad to see new players in the game, if they're attracted by the idea they can easily "skip" the "boring" leveling content, that's perfectly fine by me.  If they weren't going to make it without AE, they weren't going to be there anyway and I'm not one to get mad if somebody jumps in on content only to find themselves in over their head.  Contrary to what seems to be at least a prevalent belief, not everybody who's apparently new just came fresh at whatever level they are from an AE run.

I really don't like the idea of nerfing things now because it might get better Later™.

I feel like this leads down a slippery slope where.. who knows what's next?

Gotta vote for a revert until we get a complete proposal to mull over.

AE was firmly entrenched on Live and while the obviously broken stuff was fixed and I feel like I need to reiterate that while there's new stuff that made it much more rewarding here specifically, possibly too rewarding, even... I'd argue vet levels were never necessary in or out of AE... it's been much more rewarding for 3 years now.  Changing that at this point would be punishing to new players and adding/buffing something that isn't AE would go much further to coax people out than. well. simply nerfing what people seem to like.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

An oddity or bug perhaps?

When I hit 50 on a new character in AE, it kept saying "You gain 0 experience," which I understand is expected now, but I did NOT receive any Inf either.  I went out to train and returned.  I got the same 0 XP message, started earning incarnate XP, but I am still not earning any influence.

Edited to add:

I've run several popular farms, my own farm, and some lesser known farms.  The XP/Inf are all over the place.  If the publishers are still around, they should consider editing their critters.  And farmers should monitor their rewards and perhaps make their own or find one that provides a better return.

I was just screwing around with some farms as well.  A couple of mine and a couple random.  I think there's going to be a round of editing needed.

Does give me another testing parameter to check out

2 hours ago, arcane said:

Can you post the full text for those without Mids access? Or PM me.

(Or just state what makes it even stronger than capped Fire Res/Def. Regen or HP or something? Please state if it’s implied that I need special macros…)

Here you go:

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

radfirefarmer: Level 50 Mutation Brute
Primary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Contaminated Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(7)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(7), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), ImpSki-Status(9)
Level 2: Blazing Aura -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(11), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(13)
Level 4: Proton Sweep -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(25)
Level 6: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 10: Super Speed -- Run-I(A)
Level 12: Boxing -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(25), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(29)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 16: Temperature Protection -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(29), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(31)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(31), ShlBrk-%Dam(31), Erd-%Dam(33), ScrDrv-Dam%(33), Obl-%Dam(33)
Level 20: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34), Ksm-ToHit+(36)
Level 22: Taunt -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(36), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(36), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(37), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(37), MckBrt-Rchg(37)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39)
Level 26: Plasma Shield -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 28: Healing Flames -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(40), Pnc-Heal(40)
Level 30: Burn -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dam%(42), Erd-%Dam(42), ScrDrv-Dam%(42), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(43), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(43)
Level 32: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 35: Superior Conditioning -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A)
Level 38: Focused Accuracy -- HO:Cyto(A), ToHit-I(40)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A)
Level 44: Laser Beam Eyes -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(46), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Apc-Acc/Rchg(48), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Energy Torrent -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(46)
Level 49: Rise of the Phoenix -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 1: Fury 
Level 1: Brawl -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(48), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Hct-Acc/Rchg(50), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Pnc-Heal(15), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(15), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(17), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(17), Mrc-Rcvry+(19)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(19)
Level 10: Speed Phase 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Spiritual Core Paragon 
------------

image.thumb.png.aa25b57051de357f8e4808ce1cb25b30.png

Main (new)things for mitigation:

-High regen

-3 Power Transfer Procs

-The +regen ATO in burn

- +HP accolades

Worth mentioning this build is only going to work for Page 4. Once Burn and IG get nerfed (whenever that happens) I imagine AFK farmers will want to switch to stone/spines tanks or brutes. (Although by that point there might be automation tools to stop AFK farming so...who knows.)

Edited by America's Angel
  • Thanks 1

What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

44 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I think you mean Power Transfer.  I can't remember the last time I saw health 6 slotted.  What hell hath man wrought!?

I did mean that. Good catch.

And yes. 6 slotted health. We are in the endgame now.

1 hour ago, America's Angel said:

Here you go:

Reveal hidden contents

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

radfirefarmer: Level 50 Mutation Brute
Primary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Contaminated Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(7)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(7), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), ImpSki-Status(9)
Level 2: Blazing Aura -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(11), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(13)
Level 4: Proton Sweep -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(25)
Level 6: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 10: Super Speed -- Run-I(A)
Level 12: Boxing -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(25), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(29)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 16: Temperature Protection -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(29), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(31)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(31), ShlBrk-%Dam(31), Erd-%Dam(33), ScrDrv-Dam%(33), Obl-%Dam(33)
Level 20: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34), Ksm-ToHit+(36)
Level 22: Taunt -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(36), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(36), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(37), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(37), MckBrt-Rchg(37)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39)
Level 26: Plasma Shield -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 28: Healing Flames -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(40), Pnc-Heal(40)
Level 30: Burn -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dam%(42), Erd-%Dam(42), ScrDrv-Dam%(42), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(43), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(43)
Level 32: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 35: Superior Conditioning -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A)
Level 38: Focused Accuracy -- HO:Cyto(A), ToHit-I(40)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A)
Level 44: Laser Beam Eyes -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(46), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Apc-Acc/Rchg(48), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Energy Torrent -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(46)
Level 49: Rise of the Phoenix -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 1: Fury 
Level 1: Brawl -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(48), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Hct-Acc/Rchg(50), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Pnc-Heal(15), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(15), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(17), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(17), Mrc-Rcvry+(19)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(19)
Level 10: Speed Phase 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Spiritual Core Paragon 
------------

image.thumb.png.aa25b57051de357f8e4808ce1cb25b30.png

Main (new)things for mitigation:

-High regen

-3 Performance Shifter Procs

-The +regen ATO in burn

- +HP accolades

Worth mentioning this build is only going to work for Page 4. Once Burn and IG get nerfed (whenever that happens) I imagine AFK farmers will want to switch to stone/spines tanks or brutes. (Although by that point there might be automation tools to stop AFK farming so...who knows.)

Awesome tyvm 🙂

I never thought before of doing a fully dedicated AFK build but there are multiple things here that make a whole lot of sense.

Edited by arcane

No one cares about any increased difficulty for farming, even if they did, that thread is elsewhere in this forum.

The extremely bad idea which will drive people away from the game in this thread is about the removal of rewards for time spent, when previously, time was the only cost.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 7/12/2022 at 11:17 AM, The Curator said:

Any custom enemies that are using advanced power customization will give no rewards. This restriction was required in order to prevent farms from being created using only enemies with broken attack chains.

You worry about this. Meanwhile, I'm experimenting on making AVs who are unfairly unkillable. So far, standard Willpower works, but I threw on Shield Defense' True Grit to bring their total HP pool by +40%. I might need to add on Integration from Regen too to add more passive regeneration. I wonder if I can just stack fast healing from both Willpower and Regen?

Edit: I should also note my experiment of giving another AV with energy melee and invul on top of robotics seems to have ended in failure as they would not summon their robots.

Edited by Sakura Tenshi

11 hours ago, arcane said:

I can’t help but think of all the American celebrities that threatened but failed to move to Canada several times in the last few years. I’ll believe it when I see it.

I know I mentioned it in my original post, but that's the part that humors me the most. The same group of people who promised to leave if previously announced AE Farming changes went live are still here, a year+ later, threatening to leave (again) if additional minor changes are done to the reward structure of a farm.

I'm not trying to turn this into a war or anything, but the constant shouting of "I'm gonna leave and the game will die!" posting from the same people every year every time a change is made to farming is starting to get old. This is why I called it an absurd outlook in my original post despite my agreement that the complete removal of Vet Levels seems like a weird idea.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

On 7/12/2022 at 5:54 PM, Heatstroke said:

I'll try and keep my ire simple. 

Let me play the way I want to play. Let me level the way I want to level. Removing it is NOT going to make me play more.. Its going to make me play far less. Im not 30ish anymore with lots of time on my hand.. im 50ish with a family and kids.. I like being able to login in. farm for a little bit.. get some levels and go to bed.. 

This seems like a "Blast from Statesman's Past" i'm going to make you play the game the way I THINK you should play the game.. and many of us remember how that went. 

Quoting this for emphasis and truth. 

I was honestly super happy and excited when reading the patch notes, especially ITF challenge modes, until I read the changes to AE. This change makes it clear that the devs have an idea of how to play the game correctly and are trying to enforce that opinion on the player base. 

The reason I played and continue playing homecoming is because of the freedom to play how I wanted to play. I don’t even use AE much past 50, so it doesn’t strongly affect me. I would go to task forces and itrials. However, the fun police mentality of trying to make people play the way you think they should play is a seriously concerning implication of this change. 

People earning vet rewards in AE hurt nobody except for those that take offense at other people for not playing how they think they should. I don’t play to give the fun police a sense of purpose. I play to have fun. Everyone should play how they like to play and not be corralled into playing “the right way”.

What else is going to be changed in the future to make sure people play the right way? I have a hard time believing this will be the only manifestation of fun policing through development.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Thumbs Down 4

8 hours ago, TrelNargil said:

Ok, I have read everything written here, have played on the Beta server, have done a little bit of solo AE content there, and this is how I see things atm. Overall, I believe the Dev's have done a fairly good job in this new Issue, and again I am impressed at how much work had to be put into it, and am thankful that we have a game LONG since "officially" dead as a MMO that we can still play, by a team of active people who make no money off of it, have personal lives to attend to, but still are here trying to give us a game that wouldn't even be here in this form if not for them. So please try to understand that here, as in life, nothing is perfect, and sometimes we may not always get what we want, but we can at least try and get what we need. And that is CoH on Homecoming, and I for one am very thankful for that blessing (because it could be FAR worse than it is atm).

<snip for quote brevity>

Peace...

I just wanna say that I appreciate the amount of time and effort you put into playing around, testing, and typing all of this out. That's all!

• Thanks 1

Bring back Hazard Zones

I don’t farm and have very, very (very!) rarely participated in AE farms here. I have more than 300 characters because for me the costume creator is 50% of the game, and I think I’ve run 3 of them through farms. Just because I was bored a couple times and wanted to chat while also leveling a toon. I think the highest level one got to 32. Something like that.

So I’m not concerned with the changes in merit drops or whatever you guys are talking about. I have a lot of alts and 2 50s, so I don’t really do endgame stuff.

I *will* say that I REALLY like the idea of moving the AE buildings out of the starter zones. I was bopping through Atlas Park last weekend on Excelsior, running around getting the exploration badges and from the outside it looked like the AE building was on fire. 😂 Moving them reduces lag and quiets Broadcast and lets new and returning players experience the game as it was meant to be played, at least in those early levels. Once they figure out (or are reminded of) the basics, they can go farm to their heart’s content. I don’t care what people do.

I teamed with two returning players over the weekend who haven’t been in CoH in well over a decade, and they were enjoying themselves just playing the game again. Allowing people to get their superlegs under them is better in the long run, I think.

I don’t really get the point of removing some of the rewards from the AE, but then I don’t play those parts of the game, so it doesn’t affect me. I do come down on the side of “do whatever you want” for the most part, right after taking those AE hubs out of the starter zones.

16 hours ago, TomatoPhalanges said:

I also have proposed that we see Hazard Zones and Trial Zones get a street-sweeping XP buff, because that would be a super fun replacement/alternative to active AE farming as an optimal 'mostly mindless' method IMHO. Anyone else down to run around the Hollows and bash Trolls once again? Maybe go for a lap around Eden or Terra Volta?

I think this is a brilliant solution. 

1) The way those zones work, you have to be in range to get XP, so doorsitters will at least have to stay close to the farmer.

2) Hazard and trial zones are grossly under utilized. 

So when you enter a hazard/trial zone, let it exemp you down to an appropriate level and give 200 or even 300% of normal xp.  Sort of a reverse of how debt works.  Suddenly sweeping Perez Park and Boomtown becomes not just "worth it" but also one of the better PL strategies.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

Everlasting server - Sister Pistols and the Perma-Newbies SG

I was in beta and the reasoning for the changes make sense with the following: I would only argue again that rewards for other content be buffed (ofcourse NOT to AE levels, as that would be insane). I would also ask that we get more non-level 50 content in the future.

Other level ranges besides 50 have needed content for ages.

I'd also hope that the hard mode options get ported to other content other than TFS sooner rather than later.

16 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

If it kills anything, it'll just be my desire to make any new characters. 

This is about where I sit.

I use the emp merits I get through farming to help fund character builds and if I can't get them anymore I just don't see myself making or leveling new characters much, if at all. And that also removes a lot of my reason for doing regular teaming as well, since I won't have new characters that need to do Tinpex/iTrials.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, johua said:

This is about where I sit.

I use the emp merits I get through farming to help fund character builds and if I can't get them anymore I just don't see myself making or leveling new characters much, if at all. And that also removes a lot of my reason for doing regular teaming as well, since I won't have new characters that need to do Tinpex/iTrials.

Not saying it would happen. But if AE tickets gave you Incarnate Mats would that work for you?

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Gear Fox (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Brainwasher (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute)