Focused Feedback: City Zone Adjustments

1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

[01:29] [NPC] FreedomCorps Soldier: Sheesh! You worry to much, Mom!

Just looking at that dialogue, the "to" should be "too" instead, that is:

"Sheesh! You worry too much, Mom!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

- Fort Trident appears on the Long Range Teleporter menu, but does not appear on the Long Range TP Zone Check menu.
- If there's a teleporter for Posi, I couldn't find it.  As a member of the Freedom Phalanx shouldn't he get one too?  Scratch that, finally found it tucked off in a weird corner.  Should be moved to the main floor level like the others if possible.
- Those teleporters, they're kinda counter-intuitive.
- Agreed with suggestions to add a quartermaster and nurse.

• Thanks 2

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

22 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

The reason was so that brand new players must learn how to move between city zones before they can be powerleveled to max level, nothing more. Everyone doing their PL'ing in those other zones is expected.

I really don't understand why you guys just don't make "normal" content give way better rewards and exp. Especially for solo play. AE is fun for role players and stuff but get rid of the farming and get some actual direction in the game.  If I was a new player I would be completely lost. I think there are far too many story arcs that just go in various directions and there is no main story mission.  If you guys actually had a main story mission that clear as day showed you it's a main story mission from level 1 to 50 that would be so much better.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, eldriyth said:

I really don't understand why you guys just don't make "normal" content give way better rewards and exp.

As far as I'm aware that's also being looked at. They need time to do the appropriate data collection however to make sure any adjustments are done properly.

Edited by Starforge

3 hours ago, eldriyth said:

I really don't understand why you guys just don't make "normal" content give way better rewards and exp. Especially for solo play. AE is fun for role players and stuff but get rid of the farming and get some actual direction in the game.  If I was a new player I would be completely lost. I think there are far too many story arcs that just go in various directions and there is no main story mission.  If you guys actually had a main story mission that clear as day showed you it's a main story mission from level 1 to 50 that would be so much better.

Even if normal content gives better rewards than AE content, AE content will still be a more efficient way to level up simply because you don't have to run all over the city to do it.

Note: Don't take this as me advocating for leveling via AE.  Far from it.  I'm someone who barely ever uses AE at all, because I prefers the immersive experience of traveling around the city, talking to contacts, occasionally having to street hunt, etc. because it helps me build the stories in my head around my characters.  I'm just speaking of the above from a purely mathematical perspective.  It's very hard to make traditional content more rewarding than farming because farming bypasses all the little timesinks involved in normal content (which are the same things that make normal content feel "real", so you can't really cut them out).

Edited by Stormwalker
  • Like 1

Love this so posting it: 5. DON'T GIVE FEEDBACK ON OTHER PEOPLE'S FEEDBACK. You're here to discuss and debate the changes with the devs, not each other. The devs are big people (Huge, even) and can stand up for themselves.

Fort Trident: Suggestions - In my opinion*

LOOK ALIVE, PANTY-WAISTS! WE GOT A BONE-FIDE HERO ON DECK!!! YOU BUNCH OF SLACK-JAWED, DIME-A-DOZEN, DONUT-GOBBLING, MUFFIN-TOPS BETTER HAVE ALL REGISTERED AS FIRE TANKERS BECAUSE WE'RE ABOUT TO BURN THE EVER-LIVING CALORIES OUT OF YOU!!!

• Language and meaning - (slang meaning) I * do not feel that this is appropriate slang/wording for this game. Please look up the meaning of panty waist.  It's Derogatory and it's a gender specific insult.
  • BONE-FIDE is spelled Bonafide (unless you are trying to do something around annunciation in game from that specific character by typing/spelling it that way)
  • donut gobbling muffin tops - when they are all fit looking characters that are exercising. In my opinion - that is just nonsense and affirms a mind set of body shaming, it's out of style and propriety, in a progressive era that we live in.  I don't care if the game is centered in the past it's not that era anymore. *

Suggestions on some of the dialogue from heroes within Fort Trident:

Manticore:

Currently says: I'm glad to see you've been able to keep yourself safe. Fighting the good fight, have you? Good. It makes things much easier knowing that there are others as determined as us to keep fighting crime.

Suggestion: Mimic his in game cadence/dialogue and style.

His dialogue here has a different way than the Fort Trident this is from his task force: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Manticore_Task_Force

Current dialogue:  Synapses: Howdy! (name), right? I've heard of ya! Been doing good work is what they've been saying! Glad to have you hanging out with us down here. Sometimes you just gotta blow off some steam, don't ya know?

Comments & suggestion: In the Fort Trident version he sounds like how the man on the Repair Shop William Kirk. I don’t think it’s a bad thing, maybe change his past content to become more similar to what you are now making him become, so it’s consistent, or match them up in game and have it match the older style posted in the link for his current task force dialogue.

This is how he is historically in game: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Synapse_Task_Force

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg

On 7/12/2022 at 7:43 PM, Nemu said:

Well played!

Very diplomatic that this applied to the Mercy AE, since no one plays villain side 😆@Troo has to resort to paying people with panda peepshows to get people to create new alts redside. Troo story.

-I- play redside, because redside best side! And actually good content that requires thought and more skill than blueside

But that little excerpt is hilarious 😛 

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

On 7/12/2022 at 2:19 PM, The Curator said:

Fort Trident has been revamped to serve as a supergroup base style area for players without a supergroup.

This is now offering a disincentive for new players to experience and use any of the wonderfully crafted bases built by players that are open to the public.  Was that the goal?  

• Thumbs Down 3

• Developer
19 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

This is now offering a disincentive for new players to experience and use any of the wonderfully crafted bases built by players that are open to the public.  Was that the goal?  

You mean the supergroup bases that new players won't know exist and cannot access at all until/unless somebody tells them about it + provides an access code?

I don't think there's anything to worry about in terms of the value of player crafted convenience bases, they're still generally superior for size, can be far more function-dense, and also contain portals to most every zone in the entire game vs. only the couple that have Freedom Phalanx/Arachnos contacts.

This is just as an alternate convenience with more transparency, so that somebody not in the know isn't at a disadvantage in terms of functionality they have access to.

• Thanks 8
  • Thumbs Up 3

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

16 minutes ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

You mean the supergroup bases that new players won't know exist and cannot access at all until/unless somebody tells them about it + provides an access code?

Well, many are advertised on the forums here and there are people who do advertise them in-game as well.  Was not looking to start an argument over it.  Just asking a question.

• Developer
1 minute ago, ShardWarrior said:

Well, many are advertised on the forums here and there are people who do advertise them in-game as well.  Was not looking to start an argument over it.  Just asking a question.

No worries! There's a surprising amount of people who never visit the forums or aren't in the right social circles to know about those convenience bases, so this was provided as a hard-to-miss alternative so they aren't missing out just because they aren't as tuned in.

Everyone who's played for awhile should know just how terrible City of Heroes can be at actually explaining itself in-game haha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Red side, best side!

On 7/12/2022 at 10:13 PM, UltraAlt said:

Well, if it has a SG portal, shouldn't it be on the list when you blue-hand a sg portal?

I'm mean... I figure that is where most people would go to access a base and, if Fort Trident is a base for people that don't have a supergroup, ...

I was thinking the same thing.  After around level 5 or 10, after someone has had enough time to acclimate themselves to the game (if they're new) and figure out how zones work, "Fort Trident" or "The Crucible" should appear on their Super Group list as if they were a member or in a Coalition.  That way it's just always "there."  Players should probably be offered an optional tutorial introduction to the base around this time too.  Maybe add a token to P2W players can buy for 5k or so that'll give them instant access to this "public base" if they really want it earlier.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

No worries! There's a surprising amount of people who never visit the forums or aren't in the right social circles to know about those convenience bases, so this was provided as a hard-to-miss alternative so they aren't missing out just because they aren't as tuned in.

Everyone who's played for awhile should know just how terrible City of Heroes can be at actually explaining itself in-game haha.

I, *shudders*, sort of agree with @ShardWarrior. 😉

Could Fort Trident also include a super group registrar or a 'make-your-own-base' NPC which provides some info and directions to the super group registrar?

It seems to have almost everything else..

Edited by Troo
added 'sort of'
  • Thumbs Up 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

32 minutes ago, Troo said:

Could Fort Trident also include a super group registrar or a 'make-your-own-base' NPC which provides some info and directions to the super group registrar?

It seems to have almost everything else..

YES!  A Base tutorial would be an awesome addition.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

Maybe add a token to P2W players can buy for 5k or so that'll give them instant access to this "public base" if they really want it earlier.

I like this idea better ....

14 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

"Fort Trident" or "The Crucible" should appear on their Super Group list as if they were a member or in a Coalition.

... but, then again, it is pretty much what I posted  ... so obviously I'm biased.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

18 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

This is just as an alternate convenience with more transparency, so that somebody not in the know isn't at a disadvantage in terms of functionality they have access to.

The trainers, quartermasters, and inps venders aren't so easy to find.

I would suggest adding more of them.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• Developer
1 hour ago, UltraAlt said:

The trainers, quartermasters, and inps venders aren't so easy to find.

I would suggest adding more of them.

Not sure what this is referring to, in Fort Trident/The Crucible all of those have minimap waypoints.

Except for Quartermasters, which aren't in those zones yet, but will be added next patch alongside tailors in those zones, as well as an update making all Facemaker/Icon tailors able to change body types instead of just the ones labeled surgeons.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Red side, best side!

Hi, so just how many Ms Liberty’s ingame is enough?

I count three  in different locations atm. Am very happy to be corrected 😃

One in her tradition spot by Atlas, one in IP on the deck of the ship and now a third inside the newly refurbished building in Atlas where the AE used to be.

This third version is especially confusing as a new alt will spring into life just by the Atlas version and then just a hop away she appears in the new location!

Just wondering if perhaps she is getting a tad too much workload and share of the limelight. (15 minutes is a good metric according to a certain artist!)

Cheers

• Developer
4 minutes ago, Jacktar said:

Hi, so just how many Ms Liberty’s ingame is enough?

I count three  in different locations atm. Am very happy to be corrected 😃

One in her tradition spot by Atlas, one in IP on the deck of the ship and now a third inside the newly refurbished building in Atlas where the AE used to be.

This third version is especially confusing as a new alt will spring into life just by the Atlas version and then just a hop away she appears in the new location!

Just wondering if perhaps she is getting a tad too much workload and share of the limelight. (15 minutes is a good metric according to a certain artist!)

Cheers

This number hasn't changed recently.

She's always been the Atlas Park trainer, then later Paragon Studios replaced Statesman in Independence Port with her as the task force contact for the now Ms. Liberty Task Force, and as a result, she also had to replace Statesman in Fort Trident as the contact for said task force.

Mostly I think people kind of forgot Fort Trident existed up until recently (for good reason heh).

• Haha 1

Red side, best side!

Just now, Generator said:

Well, given that I was looking for it in Mercy, I suspect that would've been much harder to find.  😄

Thanks a ton.

I knew where Fort Trident was before the patch. But I had to look at the HC wiki to find the Crucible.

You would think it would be in Mercy, but...

26 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

I knew where Fort Trident was before the patch. But I had to look at the HC wiki to find the Crucible.

You would think it would be in Mercy, but...

I remembered Fort Trident, too, which is why I misfired into thinking the Crucible was in Mercy.  But once I walked in it all came back to me.

I like the revamp so far.

Edited by Generator
  • Thumbs Up 1