Issue 27, Page 4: General Feedback

breathe folks, it's likely okay.

general feedback = WOW, this is gonna take a bit to digest.

Kudos to the team!!

That is definitely a 'plethora of long-time feature requests'.

• Like 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

General feedback:  I see where y'all are headed with these changes, and I'm hyped.  More endgame stuff and we might start growing players again.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

Just now, Arcadio said:

The enemy attack type changes are so spicy!

For sure going to change the way squishies are built.

Not as much as you think. It's a small percentage of attacks got changed. Also, typed armor sets got some toxic/psi defense. There a separate thread on that.

Testing has shown it not to be a big change.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

Please keep the feedback posts on the focused feedback threads:

I'm confused what this is for then, besides what is on those focused ones. Either way I did not see a focused thread for everything so going to focus on those that do not have there own thread here:

Enhancement Slotting Fixes

While you're at it make sure to allow those powers that DO do accurate healing/debuff to accept those enhancement sets too. I can't think exactly of what offhand but I know there are some where it's REALLY dumb that you can't properly slot those sets. I know benumb is one that should take end mod sets. Neurotoxic breath should take holds. I know there is one major power that should allow for accurate healing sets that does not but can't immediately think which it is. OBV slow/kd sets in ice slick/patch as just mentioned. Dynamo on blasters, the heal isn't attached to accuracy, but it does take, acc, and heal enhancements, so would make enough sense at least that it coudl take accurate healing.

Radiation Infection (All, except Crey): Cast time reduced from 3.1s to 1.5s. 

Yes! While at it also look at quicksand especially, but also any that use bonfire/repulsion bomb. Same animation as neutron bomb, but those take 3 seconds to cast, where they should only take the 1.67 that neutron bomb does.

Same goes for all that use the psy scream animation, and basically everything in dark miasma, especially that twilight grasp/flashfire/flash freeze animation. Tar patch/darkest night especially too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Noticed while trying to use the Freebies Menu and P2W vendor, I picked Nemesis Staff as my Prestige Attack, decided to change to Blackwand (Natural origin toon, so oshould work for either) I can't revoke the lollypop OR take Origin/Not Origin Blackwand.

It tells me I'm revoking Nem staff, over and over, but nothing takes. Probably Beta-only, but thought it was worth mentioning

Problem persists over client restart.

(NB: I had grabbed all the other Prestige Attack Powers, if that's relevant.)

Edited by DoctorDitko
Nota Bene
  • Thanks 3

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Toggle Suppression

• No More Offensive Toggle Drops: Toggles that used to drop when mezzed will instead have their effects suppressed while mezzed and for 8s after breaking out of mezz.

•  

Why was 8s chosen as the number?  It's a nice QoL change to be sure but in my experience my offensive toggles will be ready to click as soon as the CC is over, outside of intervention like a Break Free, and they only take a couple of seconds to click again.  Granted - this will be different at lower-level play.

Is it a technical limitation or could we lower the number so players can enter the fight sooner?  I'd say this would be especially important for a Tanker or Brute who'd lose their aggro toggle for 8s+ if something were to break through their protection.

Edit: Sorry didn't see there was focused feedback just for this.

All/Seismic Blast/Meteor: The pseudopet that executes the damage was incorrectly set to Ranged Attack and Auto-Hit. This has been changed to AoE Attack, and the Auto-Hit is removed.

At this point could it just be left auto-hit?

It's a friggin' meteor crashing down from the sky, thematically, there isn't really much dodging to be done there.

IMO that gives it an interesting little niche.  With streakbreaker it'll feel pretty bad to drop it and be basically guaranteed a miss every time since it's one of the flashiest and most noticeable powers.

Edited by kingsmidgens
Meteor / focused feedback
  • Like 1

I'd like to thank the Devs for a lot of hard work...again.

I will say...sadly...none of this stuff really excites me. I hope it's different once it goes live but it just seems underwhelming and not much truly new stuff. Lots of nice QoL changes and a bunch of other tweaks ...for the most part. Anyway, I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Seismic Blast is not going to be proliferated to Sentinels? I can sort of see why the stone armor set isn't, as Scrappers and Stalkers don't get it either, but I'm not sure why Sents don't get the blast set at least.

Hmm. Dropped in to check out dual blade with sheaths on the back (which seems to work nicely) but noticed that when you your Vanguard Sword, the left weapon 'draws' the Vanguard blade for the first part of the animation and then swaps to the Vanguard Sword at the end.

Finally caught it in a screen shot.

image.png.7c412cd05386ffcebd0022e4faf75c75.png

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, JIMMYDEENS said:

Nice, updated enemies, mind sharing what abilities they're using?

They're all using fire primary and super reflexes secondary.

Have attached the mobs and missions to this post if you want to take a look. (They all go in the relevant files in CoH\homecoming\architect)

Angelbot v2.0.critter Angelbot v3.0.critter Angelbot v1.0.critter Page 4 AFK farm.storyarc Page 4 ACTIVE farm.storyarc The Angelbots.cvg

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

'Powers that play a sound on each target that is hit will no longer reach a deafening volume when there are many targets. When the same sound is queued multiple times at the same instant, the audio system now reduces the volume.'

Just out of curiosity, what's the cap on this?  It seems as though the sound will continue to increase per enemy up to some definition of 'many' -- is that correct?  Or does the sound dynamically reduce per enemy affected starting with the second enemy?

Any chance we can get a config option for those of us who appreciate the magnified sound as rough feedback regarding number of enemies hit?  Set a numeric cap (if it works that way) or simply toggle off the reduction?  While I understand the noise bothers some folks, others of us really love the way it works now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really love the radiation infection cast time change. Missed it on first read of the patch notes because it’s buried under miscellaneous…!

It might be a good time to do a quick pass on a lot of offensive toggles though? Darkest Night is a similar power with another long cast time. 
There are definitely some outlier powers RE: cast time in the control/support sets. Quicksand is another!

• Like 3

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

Also a bit of a tease with the Mastermind Merc adjustments - for a second I thought the long awaited buffs to the set had arrived!

It’s a set that routinely gets mentioned for needing some love. Any chance some positive adjustments could be sprinkled on while it’s being tweaked?
Serum could use some better numbers. Likewise Commando and Spec Ops have long recharge powers so often use them unnecessarily, and overall the pets damage could do with a slight uptick!

• Thumbs Up 1

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

This all sounds pretty good to me... except the all-new super high end content.  When Incarnate stuff got added back in Live, that really made a lot of, well, anything below the level cap at 50 a ghost town.  I'm not crying doom here or anything - costumes to grind for just aren't really the same thing - but I really hope that doesn't happen again.

Oh, and yeah, have to admit I was thinking Wind Control would finally be a thing, rather than a Doctor Strange "We Fight With Music!" power.

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I am so pleased with everything I am seeing here.  Obviously there are some items that were high on my list, like sheathed weapons and I am looking forward to working the new musical madness awesome power of controliness.  Plus its going to be awesome listening to a certain portion of the player base lose their minds and scream nerf and the end of days for the player base.

How bout a little fire scarecrow!

• Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

• City Council
7 hours ago, Cinnder said:

Just out of curiosity, what's the cap on this?  It seems as though the sound will continue to increase per enemy up to some definition of 'many' -- is that correct?  Or does the sound dynamically reduce per enemy affected starting with the second enemy?

It's not a fixed cap, it's dynamic.

If a particular sound is already in the queue to be played -- i.e. if something else already has it set to start in the same tick, the volume is multiplied by 1/(nqueued+1). So the first instance of the sound plays at full volume, the second copy plays at half volume, the next at 1/3rd, etc.

The system also adds a small random delay (<100ms) to the duplicate sounds to prevent the waveform from lining up exactly stacking the amplitude.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

What is the overall vision the team has for the game?  Like to what ends are these changes being made?  To get new players? To get current players to play more?  Is there an overall encompassing vision/ future state? Or do different devs have their own silos and they just work on things they are passionate about?  I think understanding the overall vision/ future state, even in vague terms might help us to offer more constructive feedback.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Number Six said:

It's not a fixed cap, it's dynamic.

If a particular sound is already in the queue to be played -- i.e. if something else already has it set to start in the same tick, the volume is multiplied by 1/(nqueued+1). So the first instance of the sound plays at full volume, the second copy plays at half volume, the next at 1/3rd, etc.

The system also adds a small random delay (<100ms) to the duplicate sounds to prevent the waveform from lining up exactly stacking the amplitude.

Ah interesting!  Thanks for the info.

So is that a 'no' on the second part of my question requesting an option to keep the original sound for those of us who prefer the deafening awesomeness?  If there are no resources for UI modification, a simple command line toggle would do.

5 hours ago, zenijos10 said:

To get new players? To get current players to play more?

I can't speak for the devs, but I see the answer here being 'yes'.

• Thumbs Down 2

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit