Issue 27, Page 4: General Feedback

2 minutes ago, Redletter said:

"No data found" 😔

Probably due to cookies.

Go here first:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/index.html

In the upper right corner you'll see something like this: homecoming-20220329_4798

Click on the text and select "Switch to Alpha data".

I think that will allow you see the new sets when you click on controller or dominator.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Redletter said:

As a more serious note (ha) I was messing around with song control and noticed there's a lack of feedback (ha) from the pet.

Probably should post this in a more appropriate thread:

• Thanks 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

5 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

Players since Homecoming started: The game is too easy. Certain ATs are not needed endgame due to steamrolling and incarnate powers.

Devs start addressing the problems

Players: WTF!!!! This makes the game harder!

Perhaps not the same players though, ne?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Stormwalker said:

You want to know what is in this patch that players want?  Ok, let's talk about that.

1). The sound stacking fix.  Even if that was the only thing in this entire page, I would be freakin' ecstatic.  And I know I'm not the only one, because there have been several threads on this forums (one of which was started by me a while back, in fact) on this subject.

2). Weapons displaying on the character outside of combat.  This has been wanted since the game launched on Live!  And based on the feedback thread for it, the community seems to be pretty enthusiastic about it, too.

3). Toggle suppression.  Sure, there's some argument about the timer involved, but toggle suppression is something that's been asked about since Live, too.  Especially for Kheldians, as it's apparently game-changing for them (I don't play one, but I'll take their word for it), and frankly Kheldians need some love.

4). Moving AE out of Atlas and Mercy.  I've seen this suggested several times on the forums, for lots of different reasons but probably the biggest one is because AE tanks the performance of both zones.

5). Hard Mode ITF.  Not a big thing for me, but I know a lot of players have been asking for new Hard Mode content, and the ITF is one of the most popular Task Forces in the game, so it was an excellent choice.

6). Advanced AE Custom Enemy Power Selection - More control over the power that custom enemies in AE have is something that people who create non-Farm AE missions have been asking for since AE first released on Live.

7). Walk Customization - roleplayers have been asking for this since Walk was first introduced on Live!

Just because the changes that have been implemented aren't ones that you ask for, doesn't mean that people haven't been asking for them.

Just to add on a couple.

1. People always wanted more dominator sets. Now there’s a new control and assault.

2. Symphony is imo conceptually similar to mind control. People have been asking for a pet for mind control since the beginning of time, and MC will never have a pet or my name’s bob the builder (and it’s not). Now there’s symphonic control, which is a type of mind control. And it has an interesting pet.

I also have my suggestions I wish were implemented too (illusion domination). But to say these changes don’t address what players have asked for is unfair to say the least.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

Players since Homecoming started: The game is too easy. Certain ATs are not needed endgame due to steamrolling and incarnate powers.

Devs start addressing the problems

Players: WTF!!!! This makes the game harder!

Let's be real, getting from Start to Objective is how missions are in game (with mobs in between). If you are not part of the steamroll, you're not helping the team progress from start to objective. That's literally the game engine, unless the devs are able to think of ways to add in mechanics for the non AST/ITF content that require thought to increase difficulty; most of missions would just be a tank and spank to the end.

The problem is that certain ATs e.g. Masterminds and Sentinels are already handicapped with lower contribution values: lesser damage, lesser buff values and lower survivability. Along with power sets that underperform e.g. Empathy, Force Field, Broadsword (Not too sure on this but I think it might be), Necromancy, Mind Control. The lack of performance makes the players feel like they are not needed because what they can do, other ATs and Sets can do better.

I think those tackling the outlying ATs and Power Sets would be effective and palatable to the community rather than make fundamental changes to the game mechanics (Attack Type Changes, Aggro Numbers etc). I do not need to right click on every debuff or check the attack history to see that "oh right, i forgot it's now a <Insert Energy Type> attack" or "Oh of course, 1 tank would not be enough to get aggro in an ITF"

At the end of the day, it's a game on a private server for people to chase nostalgia and enjoy; there's no need to go through hoops just to please a few.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Hopefully this page begins to address that, at least a little.

people have already began shrieking as loud as their lungs can go at the mere thought of slight challenge being reintroduced to the game

a major re-balance would really re-ignite the classic CoH feel. The ASF on relentless was the first challenging experience i’ve had since returning and it was great

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

people have already began shrieking as loud as their lungs can go at the mere thought of slight challenge being reintroduced to the game

a major re-balance would really re-ignite the classic CoH feel. The ASF on relentless was the first challenging experience i’ve had since returning and it was great

personally, I think the combination of a Slight rebalance and the addition of hard mode content sufficiently solves the problem.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

personally, I think the combination of a Slight rebalance and the addition of hard mode content sufficiently solves the problem.

i agree, and the devs appear to be introducing this in small amounts to measure the impact

MMORPGs by nature are not pick up and play, the journey *is* the game. in my opinion the overuse of AE is an exploit which needs to be addressed 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just posting to confirm that I was able to obtain these two badges via Ouro as stated in the patch notes.  I remember running these way back when and being shocked at the implications.  A nice piece of lore that deserves to stay in the game.  Thanks for adding them back.

• badge_stature_07alt.png.bf73baf6227a5a87a30fb75faaeec4ea.png Pecking Order - Complete the badge mission "Lost Motivation", listed as arc 0.42 under 'Champion (Level 25-29)' bracket in Ouroboros.
  • badge_stature_12alt.png.93ff61defd67643b6986963d5aa00ec9.png Traditionalist FoilComplete the badge mission "Revelation: Rikti Factions", listed as arc 0.43 under 'Vindicator (Level 35-39)' bracket in Ouroboros.
  • Like 1

Merit Rewards

• The Empyrean/Astral Merit to Reward Merit conversion has been removed from Reward Merit vendors.

No, no, no! This change is absolutely terrible. Converting those Empyrean Merits from vet levels to Reward Merits was the single best thing SCoRE did to help us fund our alts' builds. Without this feature, the ability for max-level characters to earn IOs and other rewards from just playing the game is drastically reduced. I assume this is an alternative to disabling vet levels in AE so farming Empyreans from vet levels doesn't affect the market, but this is a much worse option.

Edited by Vanden
  • Thumbs Up 6

On 7/17/2022 at 8:22 AM, blue4333 said:

Mind Control Buffs

Mastermind QOL Changes - Pet Level same as MM level, TP to Me button, Mercenary and Necromancy Buffs

Empathy, Force Field and even Sonic Resonance Buffs

NPC Costume Pieces

There's an entire thread of reusable powersets.

GM Miss used to do some fabulous weekly discussion threads on the general forum where the community would discuss different powersets and ideas for improving them. They were actually high quality discussions, but those ideas and feedback never seemed to be picked up by the devs, who just seemed to be doing their own thing.

For example one of threads discusses APPs and creating more themes, like a radiation one, which would be easier now there is a radiation armour set.

Also there was a lot of excitement for a new control set based on a tech theme and using gadgets (gadget control), and people even came up with ideas on how to reuse existing powers from other sets to go about creating it. 

There is a lot of good stuff in this update (and I have commented on it already), but I agree that my enthusiasm to suggest ideas went quite a while ago..

• Thanks 2

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

What seems "easy" to add may not be as easy as it looks given HC is for quality over quantity. Even if they do load Pages with a lot of nifty things.

4 minutes ago, Peacemoon said:

who just seemed to be doing their own thing.

As it should be, really. This is their server.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

16 minutes ago, Vanden said:

No, no, no! This change is absolutely terrible. Converting those Empyrean Merits from vet levels to Reward Merits was the single best thing SCoRE did to help us fund our alts' builds. Without this feature the ability for max-level characters to earn IOs and other rewards from just playing the game is drastically reduced. I assume this is an alternative to disabling vet levels in AE so farming Empyreans from vet levels doesn't affect the market, but this is a much worse option.

Yeah I agree. This made it easier to get hero merits on my alts due to the fact that alignment missions only award only 40 reward merits, making the conversion & transfer process a bit easier. This is a bad idea. Don't go through with it.

Just now, Shadeknight said:

As it should be, really. This is their server.

🤷‍♂️

I’ll just stop wasting my time then 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

I mean, players can offer nice ideas just as much as they can offer really odd ones. But don't let my opinion dissuade you.

I'm just of a very particular opinion is all.

Edited by Shadeknight

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble