Trick Arrow's Ice Arrow and Procs

akumamishima

I'm curious if any experienced TA peeps have recommendations for proccing up Ice Arrow.  I'm assuming: Unbreakable Constraint, Ghost Widow's Embrace, Ice Mistral's Torment, Gladiator's Net, and Lockdown because who can resist getting that one-shot boss hold? Topping it off with a vanilla Accuracy IO+5.

Am I missing any better Hold or Slow category procs?

• 3 weeks later
On 7/15/2022 at 7:11 AM, Carnifax said:

I went with

image.png.0bef107016e8b738c8e11d3304ab078c.png

So 5 damage procs + an Acc. Personally I didn't worry about the Lockdown. 

This, but I use an Acc/Mezz hammi.

• Thanks 1

Excelsior

ExAstris - Arachnos Widow

Pulp Noir - Illusion/Psy Assault

Perspective - Illusion/TA

Madame Elena - Rad/Bio (Scrapper)

I just use a 50+5 Accuracy IO.  I want it to hit and debuff things, the proc damage is a bonus which lets me have this in my attack chain.  I use Unbreakable, Gladiators, Mistral and two of the hold ones that get psi damage.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later

I don't have any Trick Arrow characters, but for my single-target holds (on non-DPS AT) I definitely try for 5x %damage, plus something. For a power like Ice Arrow, which is available for low level content I typically look for something to boost Accuracy and the secondary effect (here: Hold).... and sometimes even Endurance! Entomb, Endoplasm, Unbreakable Constraint and Gladiator's Net all offer something.

YMMV, but here is something I keep an eye on. Psi damage is widely resisted by a large number of enemies, it's %proc I can pass on...so if one of the other %damage pieces is PVP Gladiator's Net %Lethal I will usually consider dedicating two other slots in the single-target hold to Gladiator's Net (level 50+5) Accuracy/Hold and Accuracy/Hold/Endurance/Recharge. I'll run the spreadsheet to see how badly a boosted recharge in the 4-banger is affecting proc rates, but usually I appreciate the extra other boosts more considering the inherent cycle time of single-target powers). My reasoning is that the 3-piece PvE set bonus for Gladiator's Net is a global 2.25% increase in Total Endurance. This means final slotting will be something like 2xGladiator's Net (including %Lethal) with three other %damage procs.