Getting healing achievements as a Blaster?

PaganDesparu

I can't think of anywhere blueside that has a high concentration of Longbow or other friendly units just standing still.  You might find a small number in RWZ, including the Vanguard base.

If you can make it to the second mission of the Tin Mage TF, there are a lot of healable NPCs before you end the portal that could be used.  Also, thanks TopDoc. I got empath on my Dom using your method yesterday. 

Badges > PVP

If you can make it to the second mission of the Tin Mage TF, there are a lot of healable NPCs before you end the portal that could be used.  Also, thanks TopDoc. I got empath on my Dom using your method yesterday.

It isn't my method.  Unfortunately, I've long since forgotten who told me about it.  Pay it forward.  Find some creative new way to earn a badge faster than ever, and post about it here so the whole community can benefit.

It isn't my method.  Unfortunately, I've long since forgotten who told me about it.  Pay it forward.  Find some creative new way to earn a badge faster than ever, and post about it here so the whole community can benefit.

Any recommendations for getting the damage badges?

The red crystals in CoT maps are painfully slow.

My alt can't use lava as it seems to fry him too fast even when resting.

Any recommendations for getting the damage badges?

The red crystals in CoT maps are painfully slow.

My alt can't use lava as it seems to fry him too fast even when resting.

Fall off tall buildings in a single bound?

• Haha 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Hi all

The tactic to heal the arachnos soldiers in Mercy Island with rebirth partial core invocation does work. It goes with a decent speed if you set yourself near the archanos groups on the helicopter platform, about 20 soldiers each heal.

Greetings

Sealdy

I could have sworn back in the day falling damage explicitly didn't count for damage badges.  Maybe it's not the case now?  What I remember was finding an enemy in a mission that, when you're resting, can take out a good chunk of your health, but not so much that you wouldn't be back to 100% by the time they hit again.  And spend several weeks doing that (maybe less after they reduced the requirements) when you go to bed.

To avoid veering too far off topic, I can confirm on my scrapper that rebirth healing in Mercy works great!  Depending on the number of Arachnos troops marching in place you can get up to 20k healing credit from the +max hp every time it fires off.  Left it running overnight and did plenty of other stuff when I'd wake up the next day, and by the 3rd night I got empath.

• 3 months later

I know it's a bit of a necro but I did find a spot on blue side with a large number of people to heal.  Atlas AE building.  The down side is it works best during prime time as more people are there standing around.  Edit- Also if you have a 2nd account during off peak times you can farm up a MM and have 5 pets so 6 extra targets total.

As far as the arena goes I don't think that will work anymore.  The disruptor badge is now granted at 50 pvp kills instead of 400 but it does not grant the longbow warden 2 healer.  For giggles I went as far as getting 400 rep and still no warden. 

Edited by HelenCarnate

2 hours ago, HelenCarnate said:

As far as the arena goes I don't think that will work anymore.  The disruptor badge is now granted at 50 pvp kills instead of 400 but it does not grant the longbow warden 2 healer.  For giggles I went as far as getting 400 rep and still no warden. 

This is how I got the badge, so I can confirm the Arena method 100% still works.

It just isn't as fast as the incarnate healing method.

5 hours ago, HelenCarnate said:

How did you get a healer gladiator?

The Disruptor pvp badge (formerly for getting 400 pvp rep, now for getting 50 pvp kills) grants the "Longbow Defender" gladiator badge. This gives you a 500 cost gladiator that's actually named "Longbow Warden" in the gladiator list (different from the 300 cost Longbow Warden). I believe this gladiator badge used to be named "Longbow Warden 2" on live, but only the badge has been renamed, not the gladiator.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Piyerus said:

The Disruptor pvp badge (formerly for getting 400 pvp rep, now for getting 50 pvp kills) grants the "Longbow Defender" gladiator badge. This gives you a 500 cost gladiator that's actually named "Longbow Warden" in the gladiator list (different from the 300 cost Longbow Warden). I believe this gladiator badge used to be named "Longbow Warden 2" on live, but only the badge has been renamed, not the gladiator.

Thank you.  Didn't even notice the other Longbow Warden there because I was looking for Longbow Warden 2.

The first mission from Provost Marchand gives you a group of high level minions and when I ran it at +4/x8 I wound up putting nearly 50k toward my badge using rebirth radial.    Rebirth Core is definitely faster on Mercy, though I'm going to check the mission now.

Edited by lemming
more info

• 2 weeks later
On 10/11/2019 at 2:06 AM, Piyerus said:

This is how I got the badge, so I can confirm the Arena method 100% still works.

It just isn't as fast as the incarnate healing method.

Someone I know setup the arena method with a pal of theirs.  He then went to bed and awoke eight hours later and found they had gained 4 heal badges and 75 percent progress on the next one. They went to work and returned home after a full shift and had all six of them.

• Like 1

I have noted that the small heal given by incandesence will count as well.

But the two big ways to get the heal badges are:

1. The arena after you do 50 defeats againts a pvp foe to unlock the badge.  Odd thing I noticed when I did this on a low level opponent in bloody bay was that defeats didn't seem to count until they flipped from rogue to villain. Warburg however is a free fire pvp zone and alignment won't matter.

Also 50 defeats for the badge is far better than the old 400 rep grind

2. Using incarnate Rebirth power on either the guards near imperious in cimerora or else the archnos soldiers in mercy.

So which is faster?  The arena gladiators heal recharges faster then rebirth and th more gladiators you can have in the arena with them the better.  Also in the arena you have privacy

Incarnate Rebirth has longer recharge but can potentially hit more targets.

My pal got all six badges in about 16 hours of arena, starting with none of the badges

Edited by Nericus
  • Like 1

• 4 months later

I had issues finding this, turns out its right by the P2W vendor and way more than 10 can spawn if you're lucky.

If you leave the area the spawn may change to a smaller group, so set up your Oro/Strike Force before hand.

6kr1Rpf.jpg

Edited by Rooster Gold
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2019 at 11:09 PM, TopDoc said:

Eva almost had it...

• Craft Rebirth Total Core Invocation
  • Start any level 50 Flashback
  • Go to Mercy on the helipad (behind the elevators)
  • Stand in the middle of the 1-6 large spawns of marching Arachnos
  • Set Rebirth on auto, you can almost hit all of them
  • Come back a day later to all badges if there were 6 spawns

I've only been a couple of times, but so far my rate has been 0 - 1 spawns of marching Arachnos.  Sigh...  :-(

Being very much an "afk farmer," I went to Atlas Park and auto-Destiny'd next to Ms. Liberty.  Probably slower, but I was able to afk.  I suppose the AE building in Atlas or Pocket D would also work.

Edit: Thanks, Rooster Gold!

Edit: Yay!  I'm *well* on my way with afk!  Lol!

Edit: WOW!  After the earning the first badge, you're at least halfway (or more) to the next badge when you earn a badge for healing!?

Edited by Display Name

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

• 3 weeks later

Hi, latest blaster from zero heals to Empath (the fifth and last Healing badge) in approx 7.5 hours.

Crafted the T3 healing core incarnate and picked up a lvl 50 flashback, jumped to redside Mercy and went to the P2W vendor and stood in the middle of the huge army doing drills by the side of her.

Auto fire on healing power that fires every two minutes and walked away to go sleep.

Woke up and checked and just in time to see what I thought was Empath ding. Got very excited.

Got 21k ish healing every fire of power.

Is it possible to reduce the recharge on our incarnate powers? That would really slash ding times?

Go do it badgers, it is just so much easier than the old methods, and yes I did that for the original Empath back on live as well. 😊

Thanks to all posters above who did the hard work finding out the method, better brains than me tyvm 👍

Edit: I am an idiot so just ignore first line of post because my last badge was not the last at all and am only half way there.

The rest is fine and my alt is back healing the army! Apologies to all 😞😞😷

Edited by Jacktar
Never assume anything at my age!

• 1 month later

I'm sitting in the exact same spot as the picture with six spawns marching in place. My heal shows  +857 for all that it hits, but my total in the badges window isn't moving at all. What's wrong?