Getting healing achievements as a Blaster?

PaganDesparu

20 hours ago, Parko said:

I'm sitting in the exact same spot as the picture with six spawns marching in place. My heal shows  +857 for all that it hits, but my total in the badges window isn't moving at all. What's wrong?

You may have the wrong incarnate power, you have to use either the T3 or T4 Core Rebirth branch.

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

• 2 months later
On 6/12/2019 at 8:09 PM, TopDoc said:

Eva almost had it...

• Craft Rebirth Total Core Invocation
  • Start any level 50 Flashback
  • Go to Mercy on the helipad (behind the elevators)
  • Stand in the middle of the 1-6 large spawns of marching Arachnos
  • Set Rebirth on auto, you can almost hit all of them
  • Come back a day later to all badges if there were 6 spawns

Thanks for the tip, I picked up the badges on my scrapper using this method.

On 6/12/2019 at 11:09 PM, TopDoc said:

Eva almost had it...

• Craft Rebirth Total Core Invocation
  • Start any level 50 Flashback
  • Go to Mercy on the helipad (behind the elevators)
  • Stand in the middle of the 1-6 large spawns of marching Arachnos
  • Set Rebirth on auto, you can almost hit all of them
  • Come back a day later to all badges if there were 6 spawns

One additional tip for getting higher heal numbers.  In addition to getting Rebirth Total Core, get the Vigor Boost Alpha (the very first level of the Vigor Alpha slot).  This will increase that +heal by 33%.  I went from about +857 to +1139.  It's all common incarnate salvage to build it, so it may be worth it to slot during the time working on the badges. 

Now if I can find some other locations with the number of mobs that you can get at Mercy.  One downside of this location is if there is someone else camping the location working on their badges the groups will not reset or re-spawn.  So if that person is camping 3 spawns AFK, then it will stay 3 spawns the entire time and you cannot leave and hope to come back to find more groups. 

Either way, this method works.  Got my first 250K badge in about the time it took to cook and eat dinner.

• Like 1

Water Damage - Water/Ice Blaster

Atom Bum -  Rad/Fire Brute
Abyssal - Titan Weapon/Bio Scrapper
Razer's Edge - Katana/Bio Brute

Another thing you can do is to bring out your HVAC and lore pets. The lore pets will fade after 5 minutes, but the heavy will stick with you overnight - and if zombies or nemesis come out in a zone event, odds are your rebirth will keep you alive, as will your HVAC. 

UPDATE.

Just played around a little on Mercy 'healing grounds'.  Even though the green numbers pop up 1139, the only credit that you get is 498 per mob - regardless of minion, LT, or boss status.  The contacts and P2W don't get you anything (I assume since they really do not have any hp). 

Just an observation for those number crunchers.  So maybe having the Vigor alpha slotted may not have an impact on credit towards the badge since there seems to be a max amount.  May test that next time. 

EDIT : Just checked without Vigor alpha.  The per mob dropped to 374.  So it definitely makes a difference.  So my recommendation above stands.

Edited by Argent Aegis
Updated info

Water Damage - Water/Ice Blaster

Atom Bum -  Rad/Fire Brute
Abyssal - Titan Weapon/Bio Scrapper
Razer's Edge - Katana/Bio Brute

12 hours ago, Argent Aegis said:

UPDATE.

Just played around a little on Mercy 'healing grounds'.  Even though the green numbers pop up 1139, the only credit that you get is 498 per mob - regardless of minion, LT, or boss status.  The contacts and P2W don't get you anything (I assume since they really do not have any hp). 

Just an observation for those number crunchers.  So maybe having the Vigor alpha slotted may not have an impact on credit towards the badge since there seems to be a max amount.  May test that next time. 

EDIT : Just checked without Vigor alpha.  The per mob dropped to 374.  So it definitely makes a difference.  So my recommendation above stands.

This makes sense. You're not really healing damage on the friendly mobs, you're getting healing credit for the +Max HP buff you're putting on them. So the size of the buff apparently doesn't change regardless of the rank of the critter you're putting it on, since their base HP isn't taken into account. The buff is affected by your own +Healing though. Good to know.

• 1 month later

Hi All - Bit of a bump just to say thanks for the guidance. Using Rebirth on auto and having the Vigor boost slotted worked very well, around 37,700 healing progress upon each application. I went up to ‘rare’ on each incarnate tree for Rebirth/Vigor as I had a lot of spare incarnate salvage

Definitely worth re-zoning a bunch of times until you’re able to get lucky and have all six marching squads present

All 6 healing badges achieved on my Dom, the 6th was my 999th badge. Now focusing on exploration badges, at 1108 so far, will do more later - good fun 🙂

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later

Hey guys,

This really helped me get Empath for my Warshade. Thanks a lot!

I used Walk to get myself perfectly positioned each time I set up for maximum heals.

I cannot describe the agony of coming back to the computer after a few hours and realizing I left walk on for the duration. >.>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While this old thread is on the front page of the badge forum, I want to point out that the Halloween season is great for this as well.  I don't know how ToTing is done on other servers, but on Everlasting we park in front of the motel with a full league and slam some doors. That's a full league's worth of people in range of Rebirth + pets + possibility that some of the targets are damaged and will receive actual healing, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1