Proposal for Regular Content Rewards Buff

Andreah

20 minutes ago, arcane said:

I just don’t think that “because farmers are losing their minds” is a good reason to open this conversation in general. 

That's a fair opinion.

But I wanted to discuss it anyway, because I enjoy this sort of discussion. Maybe some other do too.

People who don't shouldn't feel compelled to be riled by that. It's okay. The devs rarely ever leap on any proposals we make here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Andreah said:

That's a fair opinion.

But I wanted to discuss it anyway, because I enjoy this sort of discussion. Maybe some other do too.

People who don't shouldn't feel compelled to be riled by that. It's okay. The devs rarely ever leap on any proposals we make here.

Definitely agreed. I'd never expect the devs to actually implement any of the power set suggestions or system changes I write about (the actual Ice Control buff currently in beta is honestly more elegant than my writeup on the topic in a lot of ways) but I like doing it anyway because it's a fun thought experiment. It's nice sharing the enjoyment that I have in making them, hearing the feedback that other people have on it, and working together to improve these ideas even further.

Edited by Blackfeather
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Andreah said:

That's a fair opinion.

What?! So no Soulless faction/story arc or sword summoning set?! 😭😭😭😭😭

🤣Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Haha 2

Just now, Rudra said:

What?! So no Soulless faction/story arc or sword summoning set?! 😭😭😭😭😭

🤣Sorry, couldn't resist.

Whip Melee pool?! Circus Control set? Praetorian Epic Archtypes?  Cimerora Barbarian Invasion Zone Event?

Oh No! 

1 hour ago, Blackfeather said:

Definitely agreed. I'd never expect the devs to actually implement any of the power set suggestions or system changes I write about (the actual Ice Control buff currently in beta is honestly more elegant than my writeup on the topic in a lot of ways) but I like doing it anyway because it's a fun thought experiment. It's nice sharing the enjoyment that I have in making them, hearing the feedback that other people have on it, and working together to improve these ideas even further.

And that being said, I can actually say that I was responsible for inspiring the /powexec_location cursor option, which did end up getting into the actual game's patches! Still very happy about that. 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Andreah said:

Whip Melee pool?! Circus Control set? Praetorian Epic Archtypes?  Cimerora Barbarian Invasion Zone Event?

Oh No! 

TBH I’d make multiple alts if they ever figured out how to make whip centric power sets other than what we get for the  demon summoning mm set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't forgotten how long it took to hit 50 on the original servers.  What takes a few weeks, solo and without the 2XP option, used to take several months of teaming and grinding.  Story arcs, badge missions, entire zones we once relied upon to keep progressing are now leapfrogged, out-leveled before we even realize they're available.

I haven't forgotten what a monumental task acquiring IO sets used to be.  If you weren't firmly entrenched in marketeering and actively defending your "niche"; or aggressively farming, to the degree of spending as much time doing that as you spent working at your real job; or suffused with influence you acquired before aggro and AoE caps were implemented; or just the luckiest son of a bitch alive, chortling as high value drop after high value drop landed in your lap; then you spent the same amount of time grinding for inf* to make nifty IOs for your 50 that you spent leveling to 50.

I haven't forgotten that one of the tipping points for my decision to stop playing was the lack of solo Incarnate growth options.  When Issue 19 went into beta, I ran the numbers to figure out how long it would take to build a T4 Alpha enhancement using only shards.  7-8 months, and that was on a character built to farm rapidly at +2/x6/+Bosses.  7-8 months of unrelenting grinding to complete one Incarnate slot, as opposed to a few hours of casual play now.

I'm satisfied with current reward structure.  I'd expound on how satisfied I am, but the forum software would throw my post back at me and scream before I ran out of adjectives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

PvP zone rewards should also increase proportionally.

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 7/15/2022 at 2:19 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'd like to hear the reasoning from the devs on the change before I'll make suggestions, which should be upcoming.  I'd hate to *add* more rewards to this game, either in terms on inf, items, or faster leveling.

Badges? Badges?! Give them stinking badges!

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Make windfall buffs drop as yellow craftable recipes, perhaps 25% chance to drop upon mission completion for non-radio, non-AE missions. Each buff lasts 30 minutes and can be stacked.

Right now the only way to get windfall is through super packs if I have my facts right and it doesn't provide it's full benefit for AE content anyway. There's already respec recipes, so windfall as a recipe drop is probably not too difficult to implement, maybe.

Also, I think it's time we looked at story arc completion rewards. These incentivize soloing. Let's share the wealth so that teammates get some of those rewards as well (maybe 25% to 50% of reward awarded)

We can also tie guaranteed windfall drops to story arc completions - and share the spoils among teammates at the same rate I noted above.

Edited by Nemu
  • Thumbs Up 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!