What is the set you would definitely play on Corruptor?

Lyrium

1 hour ago, Astralock said:

Sleet will eventually be standardized and lowered to 22.5% -damage resistance on Controllers, Corruptors, and Masterminds, much like Tar Patch was on Dark Miasma/Darkness Affinity.

Oh, I didn't know that!

1 hour ago, Astralock said:

Sleet will eventually be standardized and lowered to 22.5% -damage resistance on Controllers, Corruptors, and Masterminds, much like Tar Patch was on Dark Miasma/Darkness Affinity.

Other than Sleet (incorrectly) have the same strength across all ATs, why do so many feel Cold is better on corruptors? All the other buffs/debuffs are substantially stronger on defenders. I have a Cold/Beam defender that's fantastic on relentless Aeon, 801, etc.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, Uun said:

Other than Sleet (incorrectly) have the same strength across all ATs, why do so many feel Cold is better on corruptors? All the other buffs/debuffs are substantially stronger on defenders. I have a Cold/Beam defender that's fantastic on relentless Aeon, 801, etc.

Defender buff and debuff values are largely overkill.  Damage is king.  On a team, a Fire/Cold Corruptor will both do more damage and be just as useful to a team as a Cold/Fire Defender.

On 8/9/2022 at 5:30 PM, Astralock said:

Defender buff and debuff values are largely overkill.  Damage is king.  On a team, a Fire/Cold Corruptor will both do more damage and be just as useful to a team as a Cold/Fire Defender.

And this is exactly why the 'overkill' might be better when doing the content @Uunwas speaking of, i.e. Relentless TFs, 801.x and other high end difficulty content.  It's also harder to see, but very satisfying when foes are obliterated by 'overkill' damage. 

On 8/9/2022 at 6:00 PM, Bionic_Flea said:

I skipped much of the thread to warn you.  Don't play Assault Rifle on a defender.  JUST DON'T!  The difference in damage is crazy.  For a lot of sets there's some room for defenders to catch up with stronger buff/debuff.  Not with AR.

unless you are using /AR just for some mix of set bonuses, ATO bonuses and lite CC - which might be useful if your defender is not trying to be a blaster.

2 hours ago, Krimson said:

Put a KB>KD proc in Buckshot and M30 Grenade. If you are going to use Assault Rifle, it helps to be a ground pounder. Learn the Cones. Your T9 is weak but it recharges fast, ideal for big rooms with Big Mobs. Slot Ignite and use it, right where you are standing if you have do. There's some melee mitigation right there. In addition to Ignite, Flamethrower does damage over time. Spam it on mobs. You drop an Ignite, then Flame, then step back and go Full Auto. Use those Grenades and Buckshot to knock 'em down. 

As a bonus on top of this, play it on a Corr and watch all those delightful Scourge ticks come in.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 8/9/2022 at 6:30 PM, Astralock said:

Doing easy content, dmg is king above all else.  You can even say that even the corruptor is replaceable by just another blaster, unless it is a kin.  

As you climb up the difficulty ladder, those defenders start making their powers felt or their strengths felt more and more. 

• Thumbs Up 6

7 hours ago, FUBARczar said:

IDK it's a rare occasion when I make a build as a Corr and a Def, and choose Defender (which out of say 100+ 50s I have 4).  Of course I am more offensively minded.

@Voltak do you have defender that clears the trap door faster than the same Corr?

None of my Defenders are AoE dmg focused.   
 My dark/rad is the only one that has decent AoEs.   But, I don't have a corruptors with Dark Miasma with T4s ready to take the test.   
The Dark Corruptor I have is Dark/Elec and Elec is a far superior blast set than Radiation is.  

So, sadly I cannot compare well. 

Now , a storm defender and a storm corruptor would be a strong comparison because Defender Storm primary is better than a Corruptor's , especially the pets. 

Before the next issue is released, as of right now, a Cold/Sonic Defender is doing more damage than a sonic/cold corruptor.  

The debuff numbers are just too much of an advantage there, SIGNIFICANTLY so. 

Edited by Voltak

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

I'm currently working on a Mids build for a Kin/Fire Defender for a friend. I told him it would be better as a Corruptor. He laughed and told me it's an older toon and he plans to keep it. So here I am, slotting the best Kin Defender I can. 

As for myself, the only Defender I have made as a Defender rather than a Corr is Storm/Water, because Storm really is the star of the show. 

Corruptors are versatile, so there's a lot I would choose. Two of my three on Homecoming are /Kin, which is weird because I never got into that set in Live. The other is Darkity/Dark/Dark.

@FUBARczar
Now that Krimson said this, I also remember testing Dark/Sonic Defender vs Sonic/Dark Corruptor. 
The Defender kills faster. 
This is now before the next issue is released. 
Now only are you more tanky but your resists debuffs are stronger thus the dmg greater. 
Amazingly, this is a stronger case for Nature/Sonic Defenders. 
Here the gap in favor of Defenders is greater, as of right now. 

Nature's dmg buff is stronger, then you have resistance debuff in Nature
Add that to a Defender's resistance debuff in Sonic (stronger) 
The gap in dmg is again in the Defender's favor. 
As you know, I have a Nature / Sonic defender.  Defensively and offensively  it is stronger than a Corruptor 

Another case is Poison/Sonic Defender -  I don't think I need to type here why that is. 

So, proven already 
1) cold  / sonic defender as of now beats a Corr
2) Dark /Sonic defender as of now beats a Corr
3) Storm is likely to be stronger than a Corr but I have not done any testing here

We will see when the new release is out.   Defenders in next issue, without the nuke can have 44% resistance debuff just from Sonic blast , still higher than the rest, but smaller that what it is now. 

Edited by Voltak
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Voltak said:

Another case is Poison/Sonic Defender -  I don't think I need to type here why that is. 

My latest project. Currently lvl 47.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

• 3 weeks later
41 minutes ago, Captain Paragon said:

So been reading through this thread. I was thinking of rolling a Water/Storm corr soon, but it seems that a Storm/water fender would be better? Don't mean to side track thread but any help would be appreciated.

I'm curious about this too.  What Storm powers are making Defender perform better vs Corr? 

Virtually all Storm buffs/debuffs are stronger on a defender. The only exception is Tornado, which summons the same pet for defenders and corruptors. On the flip side, Water will do more damage on a corruptor. Both will be good. Really depends on your preference.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later

Alot easier to hit the soft cap on the defender storm. Let's you proc storm more and Tornado with procs is the monster that breaks pylon tests (because it can't run a way).

Freezing rain/-resist, SM def/res, and a bigger heal (also more slow). Not sure if Tornado is more - def or not for the defender, or if they are exact copies.

On 9/29/2022 at 1:38 AM, bustacap said:

Alot easier to hit the soft cap on the defender storm. Let's you proc storm more and Tornado with procs is the monster that breaks pylon tests (because it can't run a way).

Freezing rain/-resist, SM def/res, and a bigger heal (also more slow). Not sure if Tornado is more - def or not for the defender, or if they are exact copies.

Tornado is worth proccing?

Does it have a chance to proc with every DoT hit?

• 4 weeks later
  • 4 months later